AC Calibra DTM @ Mosport Park - Weds 29th April 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
@Medilloni . John
Can I drop out please, ladder collapsed on me, in A@E all last night. :(
I will have to miss my sim racing for a while , also means I cannot do my Ballet dancing anymore.:roflmao:
Was Really looking forward to this race, after can someone post some times, I think I may have fooled myself with my time, a reality check would be welcome.:rolleyes:

Wow, take care and I hope you recovery quickly mate!

I'm sorry to hear about your accident Ernie & the added risk of spending time in A&E. Get well soon.

Sounds like you were in the midst of a rich vein of form too - just to set the record straight, I didn't tamper with your ladders :cautious: . I don't know what the rules are, but if the server isn't full then it might be possible to watch? If not, I'll gladly post the results for you on the simresults site.

Can I hire you as a coach? I need help with my setup. Normally I can hold my own around Mosport Park but I was struggling last night in this car. Any tips on the setup would be welcome.
Damn fine idea Patrick, I've put Ernie back on the list :thumbsup:

And if you're up to it @Kek700 Ernie, any commentating/banter would be appreciated, stuff like telling aliens they're a lap behind;)

For anyone that wants a setup, please find attached - obviously not the fastest (not in my hands! lol) and as always it's down to style 'n preferences!

File name is 'cos it came from a previous Donnington setup btw. It's on hard tyres, haven't tried it with any others yet. Hope it helps, and that you all have fun ;)

Attachments

• Donington Mosport 18.3 jp wip.ini
    974 bytes · Views: 77
Last edited:
For anyone that wants a setup, please find attached - obviously not the fastest (not in my hands! lol) and as always it's down to style 'n preferences!

File name is 'cos it came from a previous Donnington setup btw. It's on hard tyres, haven't tried it with any others yet. Hope it helps, and that you all have fun ;)
Hi John. Thanks for the setup. I'm really lost with this car setupwise so I hope this will help me the understand the Opel.
Question from your remark on the hard tyres: As I remember Donington the Calibra burned it's tyres very fast but last night on the practice server I could race for 25 minutes with the softs without even getting them in the yellow. Server specs say tyre wear 100% but is that correct?

@Medilloni . John
Can I drop out please, ladder collapsed on me, in A@E all last night. :(
I will have to miss my sim racing for a while , also means I cannot do my Ballet dancing anymore.:roflmao:
Was Really looking forward to this race, after can someone post some times, I think I may have fooled myself with my time, a reality check would be welcome.:rolleyes:
Wow, Ernie. Really sorry to hear that! An accident is in a small corner (Dutch saying). I hope you will get well soon!

Hi John. Thanks for the setup. I'm really lost with this car setupwise so I hope this will help me the understand the Opel.
Question from your remark on the hard tyres: As I remember Donington the Calibra burned it's tyres very fast but last night on the practice server I could race for 25 minutes with the softs without even getting them in the yellow. Server specs say tyre wear 100% but is that correct?
Hiya Han,

I was a bit lost with it until I found one on thesetupmarket.com that seemed to have the basics right, except it did understeer too much for me, so playing around with that I've ended up with something that I enjoy driving.

The track is unchanged (at tyre wear on 100%) since I first put it up, though Patrick mentioned it felt odd in one session he was on, so I really don't have a clue. You probably know this anyway.... but the black patches (resurfacing work irl I guess) offer far more grip than the other parts.

I've only tried the hard tyres so far 'cos I guessed that mediums wouldn't last 25 mins, but I'll try and find time to play later - softs for 25 mins sounds unreal:O_o:

Edit: so that setup I posted might be total carp on softs, yikes :confused:

Bang goes my secret strategy.:cry:

Edit: I used softs @ Donnington.

Last edited:
Sign me Up Please!
You're signed in :)

As mentioned to @tintortoise8254 please read the first post and the message below carefully - it's really important to avoid being kicked from the server... unfortunately when the event is on there's not much time to ask again at that time.

"Really important though...before the race tomorrow, please can you use your real name: 1. here in the forum, 2.on Teamspeak and 3. on the server.

The first post has links on how to do all that if you're not sure, and the friendly bunch here will help if you need a hand, so shout!;).

Apologies if this sounds like a nag, but if your real name isn't there during the race (on server & TS) you'll get kicked:( "

Thanks to everyone for all your kind words, much appreciated. :)
I was SO impressed with the NHS, they really went to the Nth degree to look after me, Ambulance paramedics were amazing
All I thought about was, some countries and how people must suffer a complete lack of any medical support and ours is FREE.
Luckily for me, got this far without any experience of our NHS, but words fail me on saying how good they all were.
I would luv to comment on the race but being deaf and not at ease with a microphone, I say as little as I can get away with on the mic. Certainly not like my other namesake Joseph Wright.
Unfortunately does not stop me waffling on in this forum.:roflmao:
At the moment it takes me 10 minutes to get from the bed to the bathroom, will try and see if I can view, very doubtful though.:(
Just out of interest, I could not run softs for more that two or three laps, needed mediums for the race, mediums and softs were about the same time for me. I was interested in softs for 25min.? I was looking forward to refining the setup for this car today, I think this is unusually one car we’re there are good performances gains to be had.

@hannamontana and @tintortoise8254

How to use real name in game and server. If anyone else knows how to do it in CM pls chime in ;)

Open game, click 'profile'
Top of page there's 3 fields - 1st name, last name and nickname, fill these in
Click on 'save' to the right of 'location' (just out of shot of the snip below)

how to use real name.JPG

Thanks to everyone for all your kind words, much appreciated. :)
I was SO impressed with the NHS, they really went to the Nth degree to look after me, Ambulance paramedics were amazing
All I thought about was, some countries and how people must suffer a complete lack of any medical support and ours is FREE.
Luckily for me, got this far without any experience of our NHS, but words fail me on saying how good they all were.
I would luv to comment on the race but being deaf and not at ease with a microphone, I say as little as I can get away with on the mic. Certainly not like my other namesake Joseph Wright.
Unfortunately does not stop me waffling on in this forum.:roflmao:
At the moment it takes me 10 minutes to get from the bed to the bathroom, will try and see if I can view, very doubtful though.:(
Just out of interest, I could not run softs for more that two or three laps, needed mediums for the race, mediums and softs were about the same time for me. I was interested in softs for 25min.? I was looking forward to refining the setup for this car today, I think this is unusually one car we’re there are good performances gains to be had.
Great to hear from you Ernie, and to know the NHS did a good job on you!

Agree with the softs, on server now, softs are bright red in 1 lap. Mediums OK tho no faster than hards for me, looks like I'm buggered:laugh:

Great to hear from you Ernie, and to know the NHS did a good job on you!

Agree with the softs, on server now, softs are bright red in 1 lap. Mediums OK tho no faster than hards for me, looks like I'm buggered:laugh:
Whaaat???! Ok. I quit working right away and try again.

Are you able to enable your mic @tintortoise8254 ? I can see you on the server, but it's saying your mic is disabled? I am not able to enable mine, even though it shows up the capture test

EDIT: ignore me, I got it to work by reconnecting the headset

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 12 22.2%
  • More leagues

Votes: 9 16.7%
  • Prizes

Votes: 9 16.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • Forum trophies