Cadwell Park

Tracks Cadwell Park 1.3

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi Jim and Terra!

Hope you are both doing great. I know this is an old mod of yours, but I've been doing some work in a few things and I would like to share it with you.
So I would like to say Cadwell Park has become one of my favourite tracks for AC. It is a very unique circuit with lots of character.

However, I find myself wishing 2 things were updated. First off the fact that the barriers quite literally grab the car, as pointed out by a few already in the comments. And then the fact that the are just 18 grid slots, and for online racing it becomes too little unfortunately, where it is quite common to see 20+ cars

So I decided to try to fix these issues and share the fixes. And as far as I can tell I've been able to fix it. By deleting the backface of walls, the barriers behave as you'd expect. As well as doing that, I've added a few grid slots, bringing the total count to 24 (in line with most Kunos circuits).
This is how the pits and the grid now look with a full field (I've also reworked the positions of the grid to give more room between cars, following the lines seen on the asphalt)
The files I've modified are: acspt.kn5, acsptwood.kn5, collision.kn5 and the UI documents indicating there are 24 grid slots. I will upload said files here (only includes the files I've just mentioned): https://www.mediafire.com/file/gkjbsuali9vvn7m/Cadwell_Park-Fixes.zip/file

You have full permission to update this resource with these updates (in fact, I fully encourage you to do so), it would be an appreciated upgrade :)

I'll be happy to answer any doubts you have. Have a happy holidays!
Diego

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea