C13 AEGIS Post Processing Filter

Misc C13 AEGIS Post Processing Filter 1.65 Pure 0.250 compatibility patch

Login or Register an account to download this content
Ciba1991 updated C13 AEGIS Post Processing Filter with a new update entry:

1.65 Public is here

View attachment 726235

The moment has arrived! After a lot of work, the filter is in a great place for wider public release. What started as minor tweaking post 1.44, eventually evolved into a substantial rework of the color setup behind the tonemapping, additional support for new pure ambient lighting, implementing new glare presets, a dashcam mode, and was finally capped off with some interface cleanup.

Simplified calibration
In an effort to keep the PP tab of pure...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hey, this is amazing work, thank you for sharing with us. Just a rather silly question, probably. Where do I access the menu options shown in the main update page? I've flicked through the Pure menu when on track and I cannot seem to find those options. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Hey, this is amazing work, thank you for sharing with us. Just a rather silly question, probably. Where do I access the menu options shown in the main update page? I've flicked through the Pure menu when on track and I cannot seem to find those options. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
They are on the pp tab of pure config. If they are missing it's likely you installed the filter via CM. In this case I recommend reinstalling manually.

I'm getting a really strong sun-facing effect, almost like the blinding one, even though I have the shader for blinding effects off. This didn't happen in the previous version. Is it meant to be like that in this version?

I'm getting a really strong sun-facing effect, almost like the blinding one, even though I have the shader for blinding effects off. This didn't happen in the previous version. Is it meant to be like that in this version?
That's certainly weird, i'll test the look with the shader off, but it generally shouldn't be more intense on default settings.

i love the filter question is what csp setting do i use i try with diffrent ones some look diffrent some look ok but i dont know if they use something diffrent to use in the filter

Right so I installed this manually like advised and yes now I see the options shown in the screenshot. However, for some reason, any change I make to the settings seems to make no difference to the image. It used to, I switched to the "flat" option on one of the settings there, which greatly increased the brightness within the cockpit, but now when I change that same option, nothing happens on screen. None of the sliders affect the image, either. What could I have done to disable that? It's very strange, I cannot seem to get an image that I am happy with, without playing with those sliders (for me the image that I load into the track with is too dark).

That's certainly weird, i'll test the look with the shader off, but it generally shouldn't be more intense on default settings.

In case it helps, here's an example of what I mean. This disappears if I turn godrays to 0 in Pure's config. Couldn't find any settings within AEGIS that would work.
1707166095830.png

Right so I installed this manually like advised and yes now I see the options shown in the screenshot. However, for some reason, any change I make to the settings seems to make no difference to the image. It used to, I switched to the "flat" option on one of the settings there, which greatly increased the brightness within the cockpit, but now when I change that same option, nothing happens on screen. None of the sliders affect the image, either. What could I have done to disable that? It's very strange, I cannot seem to get an image that I am happy with, without playing with those sliders (for me the image that I load into the track with is too dark).
Make sure you're running the required pure anc csp versions, and reset pure to defaults

In case it helps, here's an example of what I mean. This disappears if I turn godrays to 0 in Pure's config. Couldn't find any settings within AEGIS that would work.
View attachment 727463
this is the most intense i can get it, and that's with gadu spec godrays on.
Screenshot 2024-02-05 215802.jpg

So all i can say is, make sure you're running the latest pure and csp, possibly reinstall filter completely, and reset pure to defaults.

So all i can say is, make sure you're running the latest pure and csp, possibly reinstall filter completely, and reset pure to defaults.

Tried it, but no luck. Tried adjusting some glare settings and setting the Bloom Threshold to 0 seems to work, though. Any clues...?
1707168874242.png

This doesn't seem to occur with other filters. Here's ILP with the same bloom threshold as default AEGIS.
1707168056947.png

Tried it, but no luck. Tried adjusting some glare settings and setting the Bloom Threshold to 0 seems to work, though. Any clues...?
View attachment 727490

This doesn't seem to occur with other filters. Here's ILP with the same bloom threshold as default AEGIS.
View attachment 727477
Modifying bloom threshold shouldn't have any effect since that's controlled by the script. Are you sure the filter is installed correctly? Do you have all the filter specific options in the pure config pp tab?

Modifying bloom threshold shouldn't have any effect since that's controlled by the script. Are you sure the filter is installed correctly? Do you have all the filter specific options in the pure config pp tab?

Think so. 13AEGIS.ini is under ppfilters, C13AEGIS.lua is under pure_scripts.

Options look like this.
1707172478036.png

Any chance this could be track-related?

Think so. 13AEGIS.ini is under ppfilters, C13AEGIS.lua is under pure_scripts.

Options look like this.
View attachment 727495

Any chance this could be track-related?
yeah, that checks out. i've never heard of a track doing this, so doubtful. There is one thing that comes to mind, which did cause weird issues at some point. Check your documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\extension folder, and look for a file named yebisest.ini if it's there, delete it, it no longer serves a purpose but can cause issues. Beyond that, i cannot explain this strange behaviour of the filter

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.