rF2 ByKolles +S397 Endurance @ Spa - Fri 05 Nov 2021

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Our forecast (tomorrow.io) and their ClimaCellV4 API doesn't show as much rain as... uhm, accuweather? I guess Jimmi (still he who runs it, right?) and myself uses two different weather apps and API's. There's a couple of reasons why I like ClimaCell and tomorrow.io, one of them is the forecast-probability!
"forecast is used in cloud roll in/out mode to get in clouds before rain happens (Note: Only climacell API!). That means if forecast tells the client that rain will happen next 40minutes with a cumulated duration of some time, cloudiness is set to 100%. The forecast poll is done every 10min."
Which we noticed yesterday in the Road Atlanta race. It varied quite a lot with cloud cover.
"The client will take the probability into account in some situations. If so, it triggers by a probability controlled random algorithm whether rain is happening or not."
So, from what I've read is that a probability that's under 25% will not give rain. Probability over 75% will give rain, while between 25 and 75% will follow some witchcraft algorithm to decide.
Then again, it's only "in some situations" and may be overridden by sudden new real life weather data.
It sends out a call for new weather information every 3rd minute, and then the new weather is delayed 1min before it's applied on the server. This to allow some sort of transition. So if it goes from rain to no rain it gradually goes away during that minute instead of just stopping abruptly!

It's way to techy for me to understand how it properly works, but it works really well so I don't care! :)
I'm not too sure tbh, I just looked at Google.

I'll definitely be more than happy if it isn't raining that much, did do some testing last night though and it wasn't as bad as I was expecting in the wet. I'll still feel much happier in dry conditions though.

Keep losing the rear at the bus chicane, what can I do to fix that. Just after the right-hand apex, then same exiting the left-hand corner onto the straight, and that is not traction or wheel spinning related. I have tried at different speeds because I thought I was carrying too much speed but no.

Keep losing the rear at the bus chicane, what can I do to fix that. Just after the right-hand apex, then same exiting the left-hand corner onto the straight, and that is not traction or wheel spinning related. I have tried at different speeds because I thought I was carrying too much speed but no.
I have that sometimes (without a good reason, apart from lacking skill) when I exit too much to the left. Hence I kinda stay on the curb to the right.

*deep breath* Aaand continuing!

@Peevee88 @Kevin Edwards @DatSmokinPigeon @Chris Spencer @Michel vL @maxipolo @Fucitol @tim80810 @t7nia @Javier Conti @AyrtonForever @Knut Mattheisen @Luca Ciarfella @Cyborg40 @Kamran Khan @VinillaIce82 @Nicoboks @Gerdoner @Nomat16 @Luca Antinori @Jens Roos @Ken Verhagen @butcher85 @stubs66 @Bernardo Lencastre @blaqsh33p @Redvaliant (I never give up! :whistling:) @Pauli Ahonen @Matthew Fennell (like Cameron, join your teammates! :p) @oldgamergazza
@Jimlaad43 (I told you were on future tag-lists! This track shouldn't have that system-draining issue as the last track had).
@Kaygeeoh @Herlev (Choose the ByKo and try to lap me, revenge from last race!) @ThreeLionz @Steve Le Gallez (It's almost a guarantee that you sign up, but #simsheepeffect) @Ronny van Rooij @Maciej Strzeboński @wayphaxx @Dean Maković @Rubo Cerlem @Raf Nix @Hartmut2 @VictorIS

Let's fill up the grid! :D

Lastly... @RasmusP I know you've done two rF2 events in under 4 weeks now, so you probably need some rehab now, but it is the "Spaschleife"! Or maybe you are allergic to multiclass-prototypes! :geek:
Also @Casper de Wit I haven't forgotten you, but I know you only own GT3's, so you'll be in the proper tag-post next week :cool: Especially now that we've figured out that it might've been the Road Atlanta track that caused most issues, not your PC :)

Other previous sign-ups we are missing... @superfront @RichardHessels

Woop Woop! :)

I don't have these DLCs yet and would like my wallet to recover before I rejoin. Waiting for the return of GT3s or Formula E :thumbsup:

I don't have these DLCs yet and would like my wallet to recover before I rejoin. Waiting for the return of GT3s or Formula E :thumbsup:

I kinda guessed so! :)
Never used FE here. Tbh I think that would be a small field, even though I would like it myself.
Possibly something for the return of some Sunday racing during the winter. If I find time to host it :)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.