rF2 ByKolles +S397 Endurance @ Spa - Fri 05 Nov 2021

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
What was the error?

ByKolles it is! :)
I received the error: Error trying to install MOD, try manual installation.
The Rfactor2 MOD software thingie noted the MOD file for this event as broken, even though all content with the right versions was available on my machine.
Removed the byKolles car, and got a new error stating it could not install the MOD due to base content missing.
Decided to remove all packages and have Steam check/download them again, still no luck.
Final action was re-subscribing to the ByKolles on Steam and that did the trick.

I should still have the replay of last Thursday' race. I'm sure I had an epic spin or two you can use ;)

I probably won't have time until the weekend, so hope it can wait?

I might not need it tbh. I got around 20GB of clips yesterday from probably 10-12 different races/classes/tracks. If I haven't finished it until the weekend, feel free :)

I received the error: Error trying to install MOD, try manual installation.
The Rfactor2 MOD software thingie noted the MOD file for this event as broken, even though all content with the right versions was available on my machine.
Removed the byKolles car, and got a new error stating it could not install the MOD due to base content missing.
Decided to remove all packages and have Steam check/download them again, still no luck.
Final action was re-subscribing to the ByKolles on Steam and that did the trick.

Hmm, ye. I've seen the ByKo creator mentioning old rfmods(the one from Monza) might cause issues when updating the new car. Not quite sure why removing packages and redownloading didn't work, when a resubscription did... But it works, that's the important thing!
This is the only car I've seen that all updates to the car is given as updates as well. Like the official DLC-stuff has e.g v2.64 and 2.65 which then get's replaced if it is updated. The ByKo has 1.00, 1.04 and 1.14, all needed.
This made the mod manager act up as well when setting up the server. It just flat out refused to install the 1.14. So I had to take my installed 1.14 from my PC. Transfer that over to RD's server PC, and trick it that way. Not ideal, but it works.

The car is worth it imo!

Ahh, this is probably why I got the 'base content missing' error. I've removed the entire ByKolles car.

Hmmm. Yes. At the same time the GetMod service should work. Or maybe the GetMod only grabs the 1.14 version and not the 1.00 and 1.04 even though they are added to the service as well! That might actually be an issue!

EDIT: Yup. The 1.14 has been downloaded 14 times. 1.04, 8 times (that was 8 times also before I put up this server) and the 1.00 have never been downloaded.
This probably means that the GetMod thing only takes the latest version, but in doing this, you don't actually get the car. Just the latest update.
In other word, every time a server is set up with free content that has updates to it (not just one file for the car and/or track), one seemingly have to manually subscribe to the content on Steam.

Learn something new every day! Thanks for helping out Michel! :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back