rF2 ByKolles +S397 Endurance @ Spa - Fri 05 Nov 2021

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
In the GTE please. By the way, if anyone can help me to understand how the GTE tyres work... Last week I was doing some practice and after 6 o 7 laps my soft tyres were gone... Medium or hare compound for this race?

In the GTE please. By the way, if anyone can help me to understand how the GTE tyres work... Last week I was doing some practice and after 6 o 7 laps my soft tyres were gone... Medium or hare compound for this race?
Softs usually last but you have to take good care of them. If they are gone that quick it sounds like you overdrive them or the setup is not balanced. After 50 mins about 60% left should be possible if you keep temps below 100°

Also if you haven't heard about it yet, always use lowest possible tyre pressure in rF2, it's quicker. One of the weird things about this sim

That was the best race I had on this track in rf2 and the first time I managed to bring that LMP2 home in one piece :roflmao:
Nice strategy @Ole Marius Myrvold, did stress me out for a moment wondering how you can possibly make it without stopping until I realized you lost a lot of time per lap :thumbsup:

That was the best race I had on this track in rf2 and the first time I managed to bring that LMP2 home in one piece :roflmao:
Nice strategy @Ole Marius Myrvold, did stress me out for a moment wondering how you can possibly make it without stopping until I realized you lost a lot of time per lap :thumbsup:

Yup! I thought I would be able to go faster, I know I would lose out each lap, but the pit is so looooooong that I hoped it would work out. It would've done if I could do 2.06-ish laps. However, when I reached the point of no return... Where I had lost too much from fuel saving already, but it wouldn't be fast enough to win... I just had to go with it, and try to finish with no stop. I passed the finish line with 0.07l fuel.

Yup! I thought I would be able to go faster, I know I would lose out each lap, but the pit is so looooooong that I hoped it would work out. It would've done if I could do 2.06-ish laps. However, when I reached the point of no return... Where I had lost too much from fuel saving already, but it wouldn't be fast enough to win... I just had to go with it, and try to finish with no stop. I passed the finish line with 0.07l fuel.
Glad I didn't take tyres (which would have been totally unnecessary but thought about it for a minute), that would have been quite close

Qually went well, I knew I had a good, stable, fast setup that would see the balance stay the same throughout the race, so I was mildly confident of a good result. Managed to stick it on pole with a fair margin down to @Magnus Dahlgren.

The race started out well, build a small gap, lost some seconds from being cautious behind the GTE's but slowly build it back up again. Would have been a straight cruise to the finish had it not been for the biggest crash I've ever had in online racing. Magnus had pitted and came out right as I were cresting Eau Rouge, that distracted me and obviously the car chose that very moment to have a twitch which I overcorrected and speared into both the wall and Magnus at 297 kph which goes without saying resulted in a massive crash. Big big sorry Magnus, that was obviously all me, it looks like it really screwed over your race as much as it did mine :(
Got going again after doing a 3 point turn (thank god for triple screen) and set about winching in @Jasje. Almost did, just needed 1 or 2 more laps. Nevertheless a great win Jonas, congrats :)

Qually went well, I knew I had a good, stable, fast setup that would see the balance stay the same throughout the race, so I was mildly confident of a good result. Managed to stick it on pole with a fair margin down to @Magnus Dahlgren.

The race started out well, build a small gap, lost some seconds from being cautious behind the GTE's but slowly build it back up again. Would have been a straight cruise to the finish had it not been for the biggest crash I've ever had in online racing. Magnus had pitted and came out right as I were cresting Eau Rouge, that distracted me and obviously the car chose that very moment to have a twitch which I overcorrected and speared into both the wall and Magnus at 297 kph which goes without saying resulted in a massive crash. Big big sorry Magnus, that was obviously all me, it looks like it really screwed over your race as much as it did mine :(
Got going again after doing a 3 point turn (thank god for triple screen) and set about winching in @Jasje. Almost did, just needed 1 or 2 more laps. Nevertheless a great win Jonas, congrats :)

It's a shame, that's what it is. I boned myself in the pits(as usual) forgetting to not change tyres, so lost a ton of time putting on new slicks. Then I got the biggest 'boner' I've ever had exiting a pit lane, @Jan Larsen banging right into me, completely out of left(literally!) field!

Sustained damage all around but my right front and left rear corner had extra damage, which on the straights were painful to drive with. So I was 'stuck' doing at best low 57's.

But it's all good! :thumbsup:
Spa is always fun with a great field, cheers @Ole Marius Myrvold for hosting and congrats @Jasje to the win!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 335 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 227 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 171 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 290 13.4%