Buying advice please - Next Level v3 Motion Platform

I'm looking for some advice and thoughts of other owners or people with good knowledge of the product, please.

I always said I'd buy myself a motion simulator if I could afford one and had the room available. Well, that day may have arrived. I'm impressed by what I've seen of the Next Level v3 Motion Platform

This seems to meet all my criteria:

+ Limited space requirements, I don't have room for a huge sim rig but this seems compact enough to work.
+ Works with Oculus Rift VR, that fixed head position setting solution is impressive
+ Great support and regular updates from the developers
+ Available in the UK
+ Works with my current Thrustmaster wheel and accessories.
+ Sub £3k for the full setup, I'm not a pro racer I'm not looking for a practice simulator this is just for fun so the cost/fun balance has to be right.

So help me do the man maths! Is it worth it?

Is there another similar product I should also look at? It would need to be reasonably compact, work with VR, available in the UK without too much hassle and in the same £3-5K price range.

Is there anywhere I can try one or even better several of the systems in the UK?

@Mascot Nah nothing. Damn that means that mine hasn't even left the warehouse yet..... I was hoping that it had already left by now. I ordered on 27 March, we're looking at nearly a month before it even departs and mine has to come to Australia. Hopefully the transit time once it leaves is not too bad because I forked out over 500 euro for shipping alone. That's like the cost of my old ockpit, TOTAL.

Anyway, when it leaves it leaves and when it gets here it gets here. I won't notice the wait once it's all built and ready to be used whenever I feel so I'll just do other stuff in the mean time. I also am hanging to know if what I am planning for all the other gear to mount (buttkickers, the V3, the seat) will work and I cannot do that without having it here. I also may need to order additional stuff which if I can't get it locally I will need to wait for shipping on that too, so yeah, a little painful!

Upvote 0
Really? I thought you ordered before me. I definitely ordered 27 March, my order receipt said so and I am sure I ordered before Easter weekend. I haven't received anything as of yet, as in a notice. I'll wait until Monday night for me here in Aus (normally start of the working week in the EU at that time) and see what happens. I am really looking forward to getting it and beginning the build. I feel it's going to be a much nicer experience than putting together the straw hut that was the NL GT2 Ultimate. I feel bad saying bad things about it but it really did need some work from me to get it to an acceptable level for decent level hardware. Will need to get photos up to sell that thing too...

Upvote 0
Hmmmm... I've been in contact with Darko for the various bits and pieces I was asking about so surely it's not forgotten about. Might just turn up without the shipping info having been sent to me. Who* knows....

Excited nonetheless!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Just a quick question to you guys that already have experience with the NLV3 seat mover: do you intend to upgrade to another motion platform (ie. D-BOX) in the foreseeable future? Or does it satisfy your needs and 'look-no-further'?

Before I build my whole rig around the NLV3 I'd like to know if it is really that good (in VR). I've read at least two people who went from NLV3 to D-BOX. Since I cannot try either, I'd like to know if it was just a financial decision to go for the NLV3 over something like the D-BOX or other (high end!) full frame movers.

The track record of my past hobbies shows that I always ended up with the 'best possible' equipment attainable for reasonable human prices, but it left a huge pile of less than 'best possible' junk in it's wake filling every nook and cranny of our already stuffed apartment. I'm starting to see a trend and would like to curb it before the same thing happens all over again :)

I've read almost every thread comparing seat movers to full frame movers, and thought I'd figured it out since almost everyone says the seat mover is superior for racing simulators and full frame is for flying etc. But what worries me is the couple of individuals that 'upgraded' from the NLV3 to the D-BOX solution... what went wrong there? They talk about feeling the 'heave', and feeling like being 'in an actual car suspended above the road' and feeling the whole car including the pedals etc going over the curb being more natural as compared to only the seat. Well, I though you can't feel the G-Forces of being tossed around your car, holding on to your steering wheel and thus feeling the forces through your muscles, if your seat and wheel stay fixed together, plus you have less weight to move (seat vs. frame) so a higher resolution of feedback, thus everyone argues seatmover > fullframe.

Are you guys really going to be happy with this for a long time?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Just a quick question to you guys that already have experience with the NLV3 seat mover: do you intend to upgrade to another motion platform (ie. D-BOX) in the foreseeable future? Or does it satisfy your needs and 'look-no-further'?
Before I build my whole rig around the NLV3 I'd like to know if it is really that good (in VR). I've read at least two people who went from NLV3 to D-BOX. Since I cannot try either, I'd like to know if it was just a financial decision to go for the NLV3 over something like the D-BOX or other (high end!) full frame movers.

The track record of my past hobbies shows that I always ended up with the 'best possible' equipment attainable for reasonable human prices, but it left a huge pile of less than 'best possible' junk in it's wake filling every nook and cranny of our already stuffed apartment. I'm starting to see a trend and would like to curb it before the same thing happens all over again :)

I've read almost every thread comparing seat movers to full frame movers, and thought I'd figured it out since almost everyone says the seat mover is superior for racing simulators and full frame is for flying etc. But what worries me is the couple of individuals that 'upgraded' from the NLV3 to the D-BOX solution... what went wrong there? They talk about feeling the 'heave', and feeling like being 'in an actual car suspended above the road' and feeling the whole car including the pedals etc going over the curb being more natural as compared to only the seat. Well, I though you can't feel the G-Forces of being tossed around your car, holding on to your steering wheel and thus feeling the forces through your muscles, if your seat and wheel stay fixed together, thus everyone argues seatmover > fullframe.

Are you guys really going to be happy with this for a long time?
Well given the D-Box is well outside the realms of reasonable expense at basically 5x the cost I don’t think it’s comparable.

Money no object if get the D-Box simply because it’s a more elegant solution, just bolt it to the four corners of the rig and you’re done. Not only that I could sell if my buttkickers and the 4 actuators would be better than my current setup and again much cleaner.

As you go up the price chain I don’t think the biggest difference is performance it’s basically just support and build quality which are much better.

Upvote 0
Well given the D-Box is well outside the realms of reasonable expense at basically 5x the cost I don’t think it’s comparable.

Money no object if get the D-Box simply because it’s a more elegant solution, just bolt it to the four corners of the rig and you’re done. Not only that I could sell if my buttkickers and the 4 actuators would be better than my current setup and again much cleaner.

As you go up the price chain I don’t think the biggest difference is performance it’s basically just support and build quality which are much better.

Thanks for your reply, I didn't know D-BOX can substitute Buttkickers tactile feedback. You mean like RPM vibrations and all? Gotta look into that. I understand the 5x price difference, but for me that's still within human realms. Consider buying a nice little roadster for fun driving or a decent track car, you'll be spending half that the first five years just in consumables (brakes, tires, suspension, gas and track fees) so then, if there is a motion simulation solution out there that is the best, no holds back, and is actually cheaper than buying a fun car, it will be a lot easier to explain to the significant other ;)

In my understanding, seat movers are superior to full frame movers. Add some tactile and you've got the best out there. The fact that the NLV3 is really affordable compared to full frame 3/4/5/6-DOF is just a boon.
But why then, do some people migrate from NLV3 to D-BOX? I don't care too much about the price, just if it's objectively better? I'm confused and don't want to pay twice. I ditched the idea of buying a Lotus for fun, because you just can't race it that often, and if there is a simulator motion solution that gets you 80-90% of the fun (in VR), then it becomes a financially attractive and viable alternative.

I was in the assumption the NLV3 is scientifically the best motion you can get for racing simulation?
Maybe add traction loss later on and GS-5 seat, but not full frame because that would be worse?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
D-box with a GS-4/ GS-5 is King

It always has been my dream configuration, but.... like many others i find i hard to justify spending that much money , especially since i really love my NLMv3 with tactile and modified GS-4.

If i had to do i all over again, i would probably go for a d-box, but making such a large commitment when i already have a very good motion system, is not likely to happen anytime soon.

On the other hand if i had to choose between solely D-box or a NLMv3 with a GS-4, the NLMv3 + GS-4 combo is still the winner for me.

Upvote 0
If you can buy a D-Box without breaking sweat while avoiding divorce...

BUY A D-BOX..!

Watch Barry's review if any doubts remain.

Thanks, I had not seen that video, but after seeing it and reading all the comments, it makes sense now, D-BOX is the ultimate motion.
I would just be missing the sense of sustained g-forces, maybe a D-BOX with GS-5 seat slapped on top and you're finished. No need for TL and no need for buttkickers apparently. Seems pretty straightforward and clean!

Upvote 0
D-box with a GS-4/ GS-5 is King

It always has been my dream configuration, but.... like many others i find i hard to justify spending that much money , especially since i really love my NLMv3 with tactile and modified GS-4.

If i had to do i all over again, i would probably go for a d-box, but making such a large commitment when i already have a very good motion system, is not likely to happen anytime soon.

On the other hand if i had to choose between solely D-box or a NLMv3 with a GS-4, the NLMv3 + GS-4 combo is still the winner for me.

Just saw your post mentioning D-BOX + GS-5 :)
That seems the ultimate, now I'm off to convince the wife we need this instead of a Lotus/MX-5 RF, that it's safer so I don't die and its cheeper and its really quiet and I can sit next to her while she's watching TV ;)

Upvote 0
I have been thinking about a D-Box since watching Barry's video. It's an awesome setup and I think with the users that are buying Sim-labs cockpits in here, it would be a super easy upgrade as the chassis has all you need to migrate to full chassis motion.

Owning a V3, I am not worried about doubling up as that unit would sell in a heartbeat anywhere you decided to advertise it. It's such a clean piece of kit, just the one piece of hardware too so absolutely no configuration required and it has garnered quite a reputation for price vs performance vs livability.

I would be super super hesitant dropping $20K+ for a motion platform UNLESS I was a race car driver, or had been sim racing for basically as long as I have (little over 2 years) AND have disposable income, obviously. The V3 is a great in between stop to evaluate a) do you need even more motion that it provides and b) is the rest of my gear up to the task of housing a D-Box like system? It would be quite silly, in my opinion, to buy a D-Box with a G27 and a single screen setup. There are tonnes of things that add to the sim racing experience, and they all come in a relatively simple order of preference for most people, and also from a performance perspective.

The only reason I think about one day owning a D-Box system is because I basically do nothing apart from work and weight train / body build. My hobbies are my house / in my house, and I have a nice amount of disposable income. Otherwise, for the price of a D-Box, you could own almost the best piece of kit in EVERY category (wheel base, pedals, shifters, screens, PC, chassis etc.).

The other reason (and I would expect Berney to say this) is that companies like SimXperience actually advocate the seat mover as superior over a full frame mover, from a scientific approach. I agreed with this concept when I decided between a Stage IV and the V3 platforms. I ruled out a full frame mover because of what they said, along with other reasons. You will NEVER get sustained G-force feelings from anything that we can remotely afford, and even then, I'd say you're pushing your luck. No matter if seat mover or full frame.

Barry summed it up pretty good in his awesome review (as always) as someone coming from a pretty complete seat mover (SX Stage IV, with traction loss). You have never felt like being in a fully sprung, suspended vehicle until you drive a D-Box system (or equivalent). A seat mover cannot provide heave no matter how well the V3 simulates bumps and other suspension related reactions, it just doesn't have that degree of freedom. For a full frame mover to be worth it, I'd say you need to go as far as he did and make sure you're getting a really good one. You want the movements to still be quick and sharp, which is what a decent seat mover will certainly provide. If the full frame chassis does that, I'd say you're in for a treat. If it's slow and unresponsive, I wouldn't waste my time.

Upvote 0
As a newcomer to motion I have the advantage of being unbiased toward either platform, but also the disadvantage that I don't know what I want because I have no experience in either too... I could very well buy the NLV3 and be in utter sim-heaven, thinking it's the best in the world. I'm just a bit concerned that if I then ever get the opportunity to try the D-BOX that I'd think it's better and less enjoy my NLV3.

BUUUT... reading about the D-BOX since yesterday and all day today, I'm still not convinced it's a better option than the NLV3. I rather think it's a different experience altogether. I'm afraid the D-BOX will be nothing without a GS-4/5. As far as I understand the NLV3 does convey g-forces in a way that tricks the brain to believe it through muscle tension. I'm very interested in the tactile feedback that the D-BOX can produce and reading it nobody seems to have tested it side-by-side to a good iNuke + Buttkicker Advance setup. I still believe the Buttkicker will have the advantage, because it is independent of the motion, you can tune it to whatever data you like, you can even split the data over two transducers, one for low and one for high freq. Then you can position them on the chassis where you want. I prefer the clean setup of the D-BOX over motion + tactile + amps, but once you've got your VR goggles on, it doesn't matter ;)

Professional racers trying simulators are also divided:

- one camp says the D-BOX solution gives an accurate replica of the movement of the car, especially weight transfer and bumps, spring information etc. and this helps them when getting back in the real car, to have an analogous set of data feedback.

- the other camp says the seat mover solution gives them an accurate simulation of the forces in a car, and as a result actually gives them the correct muscle memory training needed for racing a real car.

Reading the different feedbacks from all over the world, it seems you can't necessary say D-BOX is better than NLV3, but rather that either provide a different solution in tricking the brain in believing you're in a car (both way way way better than 6-DOF). You'd actually have to try both to say which one you like more, it might even depend an the type of cars you like to drive, or the style you drive.

I believe however VR plays a huuuuuge role in immersion. I will not go back to screens, it feels disconnected and like looking at another person driving, not me. So my biggest concern with any motion is: how does it cater to VR? Does it work together?

- the NLV3 actually offers a software feature to correct for the motion induced by the system, so your VR reference to the wheel stays the same. This seems brilliant, why other manufacturers don't offer this is a mystery?

- D-BOX or any other full frame mover offer nothing to correct for the movement induced by the system in VR. What concerns me most is that I have not seen any video's of people using D-BOX with VR, it's always triple-screen...why? Or is the motion small enough to not be a problem, why then, does NLV3 offer a solution?

I understand you can strap a controller to the top of your seat, have that tracked by static sensors, use a plugin in Steam to have that motion cancelled out, but that seems cumbersome, and leaves for inaccuracy due to flex and tracking errors. Also the next generation of VR HMD's will most likely be moving to inside-out tracking, so it's a lot easier to have the motion cancelled by a software calculation than tracking.
I don't know maybe I've got it wrong there, maybe the sensor slapped on tracking is really good enough, but why is it a Steam hack, and why is there so little information out there, I don't see anyone of the big sim channels using motion with VR. It's a tricky situation.

So my conclusion: the NLV3 still seems like the best all round motion platform:

- because it can convey road surface (due to fast actuators)
- as well as some degree of g-force
- muscles! Yeah! Get them trained for driving a real car!
- VR correction, seamless hassle free integration, future proof
- relatively cheap
- opens up your budget for a really 'kick' ass tactile setup

When the GS-5 seat finally hits the market, things will change. The D-BOX paired with a GS-5 seat can convey road/suspension feedback including some degree of tactile (yet to be properly tested/compared to buttkckr) but now with a plausible g-force trick.
This will cover the broad spectrum of racing immersion. But using a D-BOX without the GS-5 seems like a step down from a seat mover, a different experience, some might prefer but in no way broader, or more complete.

Adding a GS-5 to the NLV3 seems like a good solution too, though I'm not sure if one cancels out the other? Anybody tried this?

So, I'll stick to my original plan and get the NLV3, with some good ol' Buttkickers, tune it to my liking and enjoy the heck out of it in VR. Suspension feedback is cool and all, but g-forces are in my opinion paramount to race driving, and the D-BOX seems like a soulless experience in that regard.

As my opinion is based solely on analysis of information gathered from the internet and my little experience flying in full frame motion simulators when training for my Boeing 767 typerating and successive checks, please take my opinion with a grain of salt, and please correct me if I made any wrong assumptions or incorrect analysis?? I really just want to know whats best.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Question is why did Barry not keep his tactile and use it on the D-Box, clearly both could be used together. Or has he still got it to one day install?

What annoyed me was he also totally avoided any comparisons of what D-Box offers from a tactile perspective or how it compares to Simvibe or indeed SSW. Not just in the effects it has but the controls and ability to alter the experience it can deliver and that combined to complement the motion. The guy is all about down to the last detail yet in that video he just seemed to focus mainly on the motion itself. So while very enjoyable for me it left a big hole for a part 2.

We have a user here on the forums with GS4, D-Box and pretty good tactile. It is his views and perspective that should be valuable to all interested. I hope in future he has it all working and configured and shares his own opinions. I will do what I can with SSW file creation to help take his tactile experience further if he wants to do that.

btw thanks to those posting regards the "H" platform.
I think it is best to wait to someone has their P1 or doing their own 80/20 build and wants to discuss and come up with creative solutions. I certainly see potential to modify and go beyond the standard option most are doing.

Upvote 0
Very insightful, Hugo, your opinions are very valuable. You seem to have done a fair bit of reading up on the whole thing. I will tell you from a V3 owners perspective that VR is a total game changer for it. Racing on screens with motion is nowhere as good as racing in VR with it. The most exciting feeling I have had has been with Dirt Rally, VR and the motion. You actually get the sinking feeling in the pit of your gut when descending from a jump in say, Finland. It's amazing. The feeling is there, the trick to the brain really fires and it all just comes together perfectly. If you are a VR user, you will absolutely love motion, no question. I got VR AFTER my motion platform, and I believe it adds a more complete experience. You do need to tune the profiles to get the best feeling, and I feel I have done that in my other thread. More subtle than exaggerated is the way to go.

I feel that most people not using VR are just a little scared of the change. They are used to their screen setup, they are used to their FOV and their refresh rate with the increased picture quality. People tend to stick with what they know after all, and that's pretty natural when you consider that lap times should be the most important thing when trying to improve. Changing your gear or set up takes it toll on lap times and adding motion can definitely make you slower in the beginning. A more realistic and authentic experience, but when you don't have your body bouncing around reacting to road conditions then your brain is more able to deal with other things. Obviously race car drivers do need to deal with these things so adding motion makes the whole deal a more realistic experience. I also think that many people cannot get over the lower resolutions on the current generation of headsets. I have a Pimax 8K on the way (I was a Kickstarter backer) and will definitely report back on how it changes the game as far as VR is concerned.

I too wondered about the tactile capabilities of the D-Box, @Mr Latte. I would have found it interesting had he gone into this, as some people mentioned in the comments that tactile additions are not needed for D-Box. This was the only way that I knew this, otherwise I would have been none the wiser.

Also, @hugo bokhorst, the VR compensation that Next Level and MotionSystems have incorporated into their software is not really needed in my opinion. I know @blanes and others have tried using it and have found it better with it actually disabled. Their experiences may have changed since we spoke about it some time around me buying the V3 but we came to the conclusion that the movements are so minor when relating to your actual head and the sensor that it was best just to leave it alone. Your head already tries to compensate for the movement in the seat by staying as still and focused as possible. One thing with VR is that it is VERY sensitive to frame timing and stutter/judder is absolutely unacceptable. I have had times where I have spent literally weeks testing (and not time spent driving) settings and configurations because I was unhappy with the rendering inside the headset. I run a 1080Ti so my hardware cannot be increased. Adding more things to process can just make things worse.

When you look from the outside, you would gather that the USD $17,000 price tag of the D-Box (that's just the motors and power supply, you still need a top flight 80 20 cockpit to house it) would put it miles ahead of the AUD $4,000 Next Level V3 motion platform. But, it all comes down to what you expect to get out of your motion simulator, and also what else you are trying to run in conjunction with it. I think it's safe to say that owners of either are already having a better experience than most sim racers :)

Upvote 0
As a newcomer to motion I have the advantage of being unbiased toward either platform, but also the disadvantage that I don't know what I want because I have no experience in either too... I could very well buy the NLV3 and be in utter sim-heaven, thinking it's the best in the world. I'm just a bit concerned that if I then ever get the opportunity to try the D-BOX that I'd think it's better and less enjoy my NLV3.

BUUUT... reading about the D-BOX since yesterday and all day today, I'm still not convinced it's a better option than the NLV3. I rather think it's a different experience altogether. I'm afraid the D-BOX will be nothing without a GS-4/5. As far as I understand the NLV3 does convey g-forces in a way that tricks the brain to believe it through muscle tension. I'm very interested in the tactile feedback that the D-BOX can produce and reading it nobody seems to have tested it side-by-side to a good iNuke + Buttkicker Advance setup. I still believe the Buttkicker will have the advantage, because it is independent of the motion, you can tune it to whatever data you like, you can even split the data over two transducers, one for low and one for high freq. Then you can position them on the chassis where you want. I prefer the clean setup of the D-BOX over motion + tactile + amps, but once you've got your VR goggles on, it doesn't matter ;)

Professional racers trying simulators are also divided:

- one camp says the D-BOX solution gives an accurate replica of the movement of the car, especially weight transfer and bumps, spring information etc. and this helps them when getting back in the real car, to have an analogous set of data feedback.

- the other camp says the seat mover solution gives them an accurate simulation of the forces in a car, and as a result actually gives them the correct muscle memory training needed for racing a real car.

Reading the different feedbacks from all over the world, it seems you can't necessary say D-BOX is better than NLV3, but rather that either provide a different solution in tricking the brain in believing you're in a car (both way way way better than 6-DOF). You'd actually have to try both to say which one you like more, it might even depend an the type of cars you like to drive, or the style you drive.

I believe however VR plays a huuuuuge role in immersion. I will not go back to screens, it feels disconnected and like looking at another person driving, not me. So my biggest concern with any motion is: how does it cater to VR? Does it work together?

- the NLV3 actually offers a software feature to correct for the motion induced by the system, so your VR reference to the wheel stays the same. This seems brilliant, why other manufacturers don't offer this is a mystery?

- D-BOX or any other full frame mover offer nothing to correct for the movement induced by the system in VR. What concerns me most is that I have not seen any video's of people using D-BOX with VR, it's always triple-screen...why? Or is the motion small enough to not be a problem, why then, does NLV3 offer a solution?

I understand you can strap a controller to the top of your seat, have that tracked by static sensors, use a plugin in Steam to have that motion cancelled out, but that seems cumbersome, and leaves for inaccuracy due to flex and tracking errors. Also the next generation of VR HMD's will most likely be moving to inside-out tracking, so it's a lot easier to have the motion cancelled by a software calculation than tracking.
I don't know maybe I've got it wrong there, maybe the sensor slapped on tracking is really good enough, but why is it a Steam hack, and why is there so little information out there, I don't see anyone of the big sim channels using motion with VR. It's a tricky situation.

So my conclusion: the NLV3 still seems like the best all round motion platform:

- because it can convey road surface (due to fast actuators)
- as well as some degree of g-force
- muscles! Yeah! Get them trained for driving a real car!
- VR correction, seamless hassle free integration, future proof
- relatively cheap
- opens up your budget for a really 'kick' ass tactile setup

When the GS-5 seat finally hits the market, things will change. The D-BOX paired with a GS-5 seat can convey road/suspension feedback including some degree of tactile (yet to be properly tested/compared to buttkckr) but now with a plausible g-force trick.
This will cover the broad spectrum of racing immersion. But using a D-BOX without the GS-5 seems like a step down from a seat mover, a different experience, some might prefer but in no way broader, or more complete.

Adding a GS-5 to the NLV3 seems like a good solution too, though I'm not sure if one cancels out the other? Anybody tried this?

So, I'll stick to my original plan and get the NLV3, with some good ol' Buttkickers, tune it to my liking and enjoy the heck out of it in VR. Suspension feedback is cool and all, but g-forces are in my opinion paramount to race driving, and the D-BOX seems like a soulless experience in that regard.

As my opinion is based solely on analysis of information gathered from the internet and my little experience flying in full frame motion simulators when training for my Boeing 767 typerating and successive checks, please take my opinion with a grain of salt, and please correct me if I made any wrong assumptions or incorrect analysis?? I really just want to know whats best.

I'm at the beginning in the Sim Racing, so we are pretty in the same shoes as I'm still deciding for myself where to go with motion, but after a lot of reading, I'm pretty sure I will be striving to get 4 DOF solution.

I have already made a pretty big commitment to tactile setup, and for me, it looks like a lot of trouble to adjust everthing for NLM V3, as I think for the best tactile feeling, it would be best to put all tactile units directly on the seat to get best stereo separation. I think that putting 4 transducers on seat would be too complicated regarding limited space / weight on NLM V3.

I'm considering ProSimu new actuators, maybe you haven't seen this solution - ProSimu PRS 200.

Video regular, video extreme to show off it's capabilities. It's quite a lot cheaper than D-Box and also has much faster response:

ProSimu - Max weight per actuator : 200 kg [at 280mm/s and 2G! guaranteed]
D-Box - I think it's 100mm/s (I can't reach their website right now)

Specification / price wise it looks great. It doesn't have tactile, but that's no problem for me. One thing I'm worried the most is the software - they use SimTools 2, which looks more like community project, questions like will it be supported in the long run etc. pops up, which is very important.

Also when comparing videos of PRS 200 vs D-Box, the D-Box seems to have much more heave and it looks like it could be more realistic. It might be however just matter of settings and similar experience can be achieved via settings, I don't know. I haven't found any review, let alone comparison of PRS 200 vs D-Box.

The heave motion is probably main reason, that moved me to 4 DOF solution, as I was driving around in my car, I think majority of the bump sensations comes to your senses as heave motion even on regular roads. On rally / off road driving, heave will be even more important.

However for me, the motion setup is quite far, as I have to save up lot of money. So I will be getting more affordable parts first - I will finish my tactile setup, then probably DD wheel and new PC with VR (hopefully Pimax 8K will be good), traction loss (I know users stated they don't miss it much, but I think it will be still worth it), G-Seat, maybe DYI seat belt tensioner along the way and motion as last step, so I probably have couple of years of work :)

If I wasn't budget restricted, I would choose some 4 DOF solution and then GS5, but that's just based on my reading on the internet, so we came to different conclusion :) It's really hard choice :)

Upvote 0
Also I think you should consider some seat belt tensioner for sustained G-Force feeling. I found only this one commercially available - Vesaro, but I'm not sure if it's possible to use it as standalone solution, they write "(Requires Vesaro motion system module for G-Force effect to work but can be installed without the motion module)".

It's new, as it's available for pre-orders, so no reviews yet.

But from what I read from some DYI projects, seat tensioners bring a lot in terms of immersion.

Upvote 0

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 87 70.2%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 34 27.4%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 23 18.5%
  • Standard game content

Votes: 24 19.4%
  • No 3pa registration pages