Buying advice please - Next Level v3 Motion Platform

I'm looking for some advice and thoughts of other owners or people with good knowledge of the product, please.

I always said I'd buy myself a motion simulator if I could afford one and had the room available. Well, that day may have arrived. I'm impressed by what I've seen of the Next Level v3 Motion Platform

This seems to meet all my criteria:

+ Limited space requirements, I don't have room for a huge sim rig but this seems compact enough to work.
+ Works with Oculus Rift VR, that fixed head position setting solution is impressive
+ Great support and regular updates from the developers
+ Available in the UK
+ Works with my current Thrustmaster wheel and accessories.
+ Sub £3k for the full setup, I'm not a pro racer I'm not looking for a practice simulator this is just for fun so the cost/fun balance has to be right.

So help me do the man maths! Is it worth it?

Is there another similar product I should also look at? It would need to be reasonably compact, work with VR, available in the UK without too much hassle and in the same £3-5K price range.

Is there anywhere I can try one or even better several of the systems in the UK?

I seem to remember something in the release notes when they first added support for MSFS that said the data wasn't great so the movement wouldn't be smooth and/or might be delayed. I was definitely pretty underwhelmed by the motion in MSFS so I haven't bothered using it when I'm flying. I guess they haven't found a way to improve it by the sounds of it which is a shame.

I also can't get my g seat or g belt to work with MSFS either, so I assume that the data isn't as straightforward to work with as sim racing data.

I've got a D-Box Gen system and just got MSFS 40th edition and I was flying around with it all morning. I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary or delayed. The D-Box does have a very convincing landing and takeoff. I never tried MSFS on the NLRv3 which is still sitting in a spare bedroom. I need to do something with that.

FWIW I landed a P51 in DCS today and a Cessna 152 in MSFS.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I've got a D-Box Gen system and just got MSFS 40th edition and I was flying around with it all morning. I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary or delayed. The D-Box does have a very convincing landing and takeoff. I never tried MSFS on the NLRv3 which is still sitting in a spare bedroom. I need to do something with that.

FWIW I landed a P51 in DCS today and a Cessna 152 in MSFS.
I'll have to try it with motion again and see what it's like now. I can't sim race without motion/g-belts now because it just feels weird, never had that same feeling with flight sims though (probably because I'm concentrating on not crashing a lot more!)

Would love a D-box system, or similar, but my rig is upstairs and I think it would make too much noise. Which is why I don't use bass shakers anymore either, just too loud.

Upvote 0
The G-Belt adds a LOT to flight!!!!! Especially with a D-Box like my Gen5. The NLRv3 has more angle and does a MUCH better job with a collective stick feel on a helicopter and does a great job otherwise. For flight the NLR feels better except for the rudder/anti-rotation pedals being disjointed.

The D-Box unsurprisingly does a great job for take off and landing but doesn't have enough angle to be convincing for flight.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The G-Belt adds a LOT to flight!!!!! Especially with a D-Box like my Gen5. The NLRv3 has more angle and does a MUCH better job with a collective stick feel on a helicopter and does a great job otherwise. For flight the NLR feels better except for the rudder/anti-rotation pedals being disjointed.

The D-Box unsurprisingly does a great job for take off and landing but doesn't have enough angle to be convincing for flight.
Yep, you convinced me to try and get simxperience to work with msfs again! (Cue hours of frustration trying to work out why it doesn't work which I'll blame you for ;))

Upvote 0
I had no problem getting MSFS to support the G-Belt.

1. I let it discover that I installed MSFS.
2. Forget the driving effects they dropped in automatically. Add the effects from the Flight Category on the left side.

Then launch MSFS from SimCommander.

Upvote 0
I had no problem getting MSFS to support the G-Belt.

1. I let it discover that I installed MSFS.
2. Forget the driving effects they dropped in automatically. Add the effects from the Flight Category on the left side.

Then launch MSFS from SimCommander.
Ahhhh maybe that's where I was going wrong! I assumed the default effects were just generic g-force effects. Thanks!

Upvote 0
I've found an INSANE deal on a NLR V3. If I go over this persons place, how can I test it if it isn't hooked up? They have moved on from sim racing and this is whats left. I tried to DL the software so that I could have it on a laptop and test it..... but you need a product serial. Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I've found an INSANE deal on a NLR V3. If I go over this persons place, how can I test it if it isn't hooked up? They have moved on from sim racing and this is whats left. I tried to DL the software so that I could have it on a laptop and test it..... but you need a product serial. Any thoughts?
Curious as to what price qualifies as an insane deal, because it might still be worth buying even if it's broken (and repairable).

Can't you take your laptop and get the serial number while there?
Or get the seller to provide it beforehand so you have it all installed
ready for testing at his place?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It should be on a sign underneath the platform I think.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

Votes: 114 9.6%
  • No

Votes: 1,069 90.4%
Back