AC BTCC - BMW vs Nissan @ Donnington GP - Wednesday 16th September 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Would anyone care to share their decent set up? I practiced for an hour yesterday and I feel like I have the car dialed in, but I can't break 139 even when I feel like I've run a flawless lap…

Would anyone care to share their decent set up? I practiced for an hour yesterday and I feel like I have the car dialed in, but I can't break 139 even when I feel like I've run a flawless lap…

Hey glovebox! A lot of time can be won in last sector through the S corners and 2nd last hairpin. Just a tip after I practiced a lot to perfect the lines for driving, got down over 1 second combined with a correct line

@Glovebox and @Miguel12358 a quick reminder to change your real name on the forum and server - if you haven't already of course! :)

In case you didn't know (for the server), here's how:
Open AC, click on 'options' in the left hand nav bar, then click on 'profile'.
At the top of the page, click on your profile pic, fields will open to enter your real name, fill those in and you're done.

Please note if we don't know who you are on the server you will probably be kicked off, and I hate that:(

Hello John, I'm afraid I have to sign out - spent all day moving the last pieces of furniture into the new house (thankfully that should be it for the heavy stuff), and I'm now thoroughly knackered. Well, at least you'll have one fewer backmarker to lap tonight :p Definitely planning on signing up to other future Wed events, though.

Hello John, I'm afraid I have to sign out - spent all day moving the last pieces of furniture into the new house (thankfully that should be it for the heavy stuff), and I'm now thoroughly knackered. Well, at least you'll have one fewer backmarker to lap tonight :p Definitely planning on signing up to other future Wed events, though.
Thanks for letting me know Luca, rest up and we'll see you soon I hope;) ...and Happy New Home!

Last edited:
@Glovebox and @Miguel12358 a quick reminder to change your real name on the forum and server - if you haven't already of course! :)

In case you didn't know (for the server), here's how:
Open AC, click on 'options' in the left hand nav bar, then click on 'profile'.
At the top of the page, click on your profile pic, fields will open to enter your real name, fill those in and you're done.

Please note if we don't know who you are on the server you will probably be kicked off, and I hate that:(

Done!

Argh, sorry John.
Was working all day and totally forgot I had signed up as TBD.
Let's say the Nissan please if it isn't already too late :redface:
Nissan John please
Thanks chaps, that's done :thumbsup:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spare cars @ 19.42 UK time
BMW - 4
Nissan - 1
If you take one of these, please copy and paste the above list, corrected to show your choice, many thanks!

Thanks @Medilloni for that great combo :thumbsup: BTCC is always fun. It was my first time @ Donington and it's a very nice track.

R1 was a bit cursed. Had some contact at the start and found myself at the back of the grid. Later on I had some self inflicted incidents and finished P6. Luckily someone of the top 5 left the server and I was gifted PP for R2. With this huge advantage I was able to keep the pack and especially @Neilski, who had better pace, behind me.

Last edited:
Got good performance from the Primera , ran it like a traditional FWD, stiff as a board at the back, soft at the front. Really had no option but to run softs.
The car was great on throttle, but off the throttle and a bit of steering on and it would swap ends in a blink of an eye. It made corner judgement very difficult.
Brake in a straight line, as soon as you turn on the throttle immediately, I am not sure if that was true for a different setups with this car. Get it right and it would fly, get it wrong and you would fly.:roflmao::roflmao:
Thank-you John @Medilloni for letting me go, and another thankyou for the event. :thumbsup:
And a sorry to everyone I hit or just missed, I was not in control of this car.:confused:

Yes indeed I had a fair few spins in the Primera myself!
In R1, I managed to take about half a mile of grass, mostly sideways, after a nasty twitch on the fast left hander (Craner Curves?). By pure luck I kept it away from the wall and rejoined about 3 corners later :laugh: without hitting anyone and only lost 2 or 3 places... :roflmao:

Massive thanks for the turnout tonight guys, really appreciated :thumbsup: - a new(ish) combo with the cars though hope you all enjoyed it. Will look for a track that provides more passing opportunities next time.

Big congrats to the podium guys, geat times and racing!

Had some great racing, in particular with @thom462 thanks for being so fair buddy, that was great 'nip and tuck' racing:)

Thank-you John @Medilloni for letting me go, and another thankyou for the event. :thumbsup:
You're welcome mate, you were much quicker and didn't want to spoil your race.

In hindsight I should have run with softs, mediums got quicker as the race went on, but not enough to overcome the advantage the softs give in the first 11 laps or so. Hope to get more time with the Primera for next time.

Any road up, not the fastest, but setup from tonight for your Bimmer collection (or waste bin:laugh:). Seems to work OK with softs without many changes.

Attachments

• meds donnywipv2 33.9.ini
    1.8 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Thanks for organising the event@Medilloni loved it and got my first Wednesday night podium finish in the first race with p2 :)
Second race started well having a nice battle with @Neilskifor third place, but I got taken out on the hairpin :( managed to get back to 6th in the end I think after that with some nice racing with @Erik Axelsson

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea