AC BTCC - BMW vs Nissan @ Donnington GP - Wednesday 16th September 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
My advice from now on about set ups, take a setup from any FWD car and put it on your RWD car, or vice versa and you will be quicker.
All that bleeding effort I have put into setups and I take a setup from completely the wrong car that took about five minutes to do and I am quicker than all the farting about I did for the Nissan. It would not be so bad if they were both FWD cars, but a RWD setup on a FWD car is just rubbing salt into the wound.

If I write anything about setups again on this forum you can shoot me. Come to think of it I will shoot myself.
ED2B69E8-482A-425A-9D9E-20A5A3EDF4BB.jpeg

My advice from now on about set ups, take a setup from any FWD car and put it on your RWD car, or vice versa and you will be quicker.
All that bleeding effort I have put into setups and I take a setup from completely the wrong car that took about five minutes to do and I am quicker than all the farting about I did for the Nissan. It would not be so bad if they were both FWD cars, but a RWD setup on a FWD car is just rubbing salt into the wound.

If I write anything about setups again on this forum you can shoot me. Come to think of it I will shoot myself.View attachment 406888
You forgot the lithp Ernie:p

Last edited:
Did I make a joke or write something with two meanings I'm not aware of? My English is very schoolish and not my native language. ;)
haha, no my friend, it's not your English*, it's me being childish and referring to the car as a girl, and I like my cars loose at the rear :laugh:

*Your English, and many others here too: it never ceases to amaze me how good you guys are with our crazy language, from your grammar to understanding of our 'slang' and bad jokes. I'm half way through a German course (only on Duo Lingo), and just started Italian, but I'll never get to the levels you guys are!

Thought I would post as one final thought for the day, as above the setup from the RWD BMW on the FWD Nissan Primera courtesy of Erik. not saying it was an easy drive, but food for thought.
The setup on the face of it was laughable, I think i need to go back to basics after this, there was more time in the drive as well.:redface:

Screenshot (15).png

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Thought I would post as one final thought for the day, as above the setup from the RWD BMW on the FWD Nissan Primera courtesy of Erik. not saying it was an easy drive, but food for thought.
The setup on the face of it was laughable, I think i need to go back to basics after this, there was more time in the drive as well.:redface:

View attachment 407001

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

I'm not sure what shocks me the most. The great lap time or the ideal racing line :confused: :laugh:

Last edited:
This brings me to a question I wanted to ask. I never tried the ideal racing line feature. Does anyone use it in practice and/or race? Is it really helpful?
I use it a lot for learning new tracks, or if not raced on one for a long time I'll leave it on if I can't remember the corners. It really helped to learn Deutschlandring, Feldbergring and other longer tracks, especially those with blind corners.

But (with one exception) in races I think it's a big distraction - I forgot to turn it off after trying some new tracks out for events and left it on for last Weds event; the lines were nothing like I'd use normally, and it didn't change no matter which car I used (fwd or rwd), which is bonkers.

This brings me to a question I wanted to ask. I never tried the ideal racing line feature. Does anyone use it in practice and/or race? Is it really helpful?

Even if it means doing a lot more laps, I prefer to try & work out the best line, and the next best line (for overtaking, defending etc.,.). For me, personally, and for the same reason that I don't race against AI, I would find practice boring if I used the game's 'ideal racing line'. Sometimes I get my racing line completely wrong, & that can prove interesting in a race :roflmao:. I don't think having the racing line on gives any advantage to the driver, I just think it detracts from the fun of learning.

Same as John, can be a big distraction in races, but I always use if I am on an new unfamiliar track for practice, shortens practice times a lot for a new circuit, like john said my lines were not the same. come to think of it I use Ai as well on a new circuit to help with relative pace judgement.
If you use it in a race and you rely on them and other cars are obscuring them, can be a big problem.
The above was by myself on the track, I used them for reference, but the reality was the Nissan is no gt3 car you never know were it is going to end up or if it is going to turn.:)

There is also an app called brake trainer. It records your braking points of your fastest lap and tells you when to brake. I've used it a few times when learning a new track, then I usually turn it off. Nice if you want to learn a track faster and also for hotlaps but it takes immersion away from races in my opinion.

Here is my setup for the BMW if someones interested. (I'm not good with setups, I usually just put alot of laps in to get fast) Anyway I managed a high 1:32 with this one, also you have to be a little creative with tracklimits in the chicane :whistling: (stay on the curb)

If you want more, they are running these cars at SRS this week at Donington National. Nice competetive racing if you want a contrast to the friendly club racing ;) ( I love these club races :inlove: )

It's usually a shite show in the midfield during crowded hours but most people race very clean and some are crazy fast!

Thanks for organizing, looking forward to next event :)

Where do I paste this?

Hi Han, thanks for your concern buddy. :thumbsup:
I'm ok mate. Just doesn't seem to be much call for the kind of racing I like atm. I could put on some events with racing I don't like, but where's the fun in that? :roflmao:
I can understand that, Denis. And glad to hear that you're fine.

Speaking for myself, I have the most fun with your combo's and John's on Monday and Wednesday. I do the GT3 events on Sunday also because I find them very challenging due to driving characteristics, duration, tactics and tire management. In summary: I am very happy with the combination of combo's that Chris, John and yourself organize every week and I hope that you will continue this :thumbsup: :).

Last edited:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies