AC BTCC - BMW vs Nissan @ Donnington GP - Wednesday 16th September 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I will take the Nissan in this fierce battle on wednesday! BMW was too twitchy for me. Nissan will be perfect!
That's done for you Alen, and yes, I thought the same too, though try a race distance with both 'cos the tyres behave very differently on them over 25 mins :whistling: You can always change again:thumbsup:

Oh yeah, this looks great. I'm definitely in, TBD on the car. Thanks for organising John!
Pleasure to see you buddy, a TBD 'fer ya:)

there is a problem with the cars ... I installed them with the cm but it does not allow me to enter..also tried it manually ..the same problem
I wish I could help you Anastasios - I just followed the instructions to install the BMW first, because it has something the Nissan needs (shaders?), then all worked OK. Sorry, I'm not a technical guy, but worked for me. Maybe, delete both cars, then a fresh install of the BMW 1st, then the Nissan.

there is a problem with the cars ... I installed them with the cm but it does not allow me to enter..also tried it manually ..the same problem
And if the other suggestions don't sort it out for you, maybe tell us exactly what symptoms you are experiencing. For example, does joining fail with a checksum error, or are you not even able to see it in the server list? (If it's the latter, unchecking the filter that hides DLC you don't own will make it easier for you to see which bit it thinks you don't have.)

@Kek700 , @Luca Badin , @Alen Pecanin

G'Day guys - a question for you... have you checked fuel consumption for a 25 minutes race with the Nissan? I ask because I've just tried a race distance tonight, and based on laps in the region of this...

mid 1.34's on mediums, race-ish fuel - looking at alien times, could be a second or so faster??"

...AC is telling me I might not finish the race with a full tank. So, I'm wrong (not unusual), or we'll need to make the race distance around 22/23 minutes instead of 25.

Lap times were not affected running with a fuel tank vs the BMW with nearly half the fuel, so not a biggie in terms of lap times - I'm within .1 with both cars at the start of a run with race fuel, but I'm not an Alien :p

Your thinks are appreciated:)

Last edited:
I reckon I'm in with a TBD please ;)
On the fuel consumption: yup, I do seem to recall the Nissan having shocking fuel consumption relative to the tank size in previous races. I think we just dialled back the server fuel usage though, or am I hallucinating that that's even a thing? :)

3.72 litre/lap, I think 16 laps, full tank 59 litres , just make it. :)
You could go for 2 x 20 min sessions. same secret time as you.:unsure:
Trying to keep it on the track for 25min, for me that would be a challenge.:(

Just read what Neil said, yes we did do that last time.

Last edited:
Yes, the fuel tank of the Nissan isn't sufficient enough. I think we used 80% fuel consumption last time. That was enough for 25 min.

I'll check this tomorrow when I do some practice! Maybe the car with the smallest fuel tank in the game? It looks like its built for racing more than 25min races irl :roflmao:
I reckon I'm in with a TBD please ;)
On the fuel consumption: yup, I do seem to recall the Nissan having shocking fuel consumption relative to the tank size in previous races. I think we just dialled back the server fuel usage though, or am I hallucinating that that's even a thing? :)
3.72 litre/lap, I think 16 laps, full tank 59 litres , just make it. :)
You could go for 2 x 20 min sessions. same secret time as you.:unsure:
Trying to keep it on the track for 25min, for me that would be a challenge.:(
Just read what Neil said, yes we did do that last time.
Yes, the fuel tank of the Nissan isn't sufficient enough. I think we used 80% fuel consumption last time. That was enough for 25 min.
Thanks Chaps and, doh, fuel @ 80% is the answer, I should've remembered:( - though just to reiterate, despite the different fuel loads, there's very little between the two with lap times imo.

...and, glad you can make it Neil!

good moaning.gif

Hello chaps, please note the practice server is now changed to 80% fuel rate. Race server will be the same if it's OK - opening thread now corrected accordingly.

I 'll try and get on the server later to make sure it's enough for the Primera, though all comments welcome if any of you have chance to try it beforehand :thumbsup: ,

Last edited:
Did a quick spot of practice (in both cars, and was slow in both, cough!).
Looks like plenty of fuel now for the Nissan - I'm estimating no more than about 49 litres required for the race now, vs. tank capacity of 60. Even with higher consumption for faster people, there's a load of headroom :thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back