British Youngster Billy Monger Loses Lower Legs in Horrific F4 Accident

Devastating news...I learned of the crash, watched it and thought "OH MY GOD"...was hoping he would pull through and continue motorsports like normal, but then I see this...truly sad.

I'm sure some cars can be fitted with hand-controlled gas and brake, but I'm afraid his motorsports activities just suffered a huge downfall.

#KeepPushingBilly

Poor kid, I feel so bad for him. To lose both your legs and very likely your dream along with them... I can't imagine how terrible that must feel. My very best wishes to him and his family.

Was watching live on TV, they had just cut to Billy's in-car camera when the accident happened. Horrible to see and was instantly worried about his legs, the latest news update confirmed my fears. I hope he is able to recover from his horrific injuries, just donated thanks for the link. Big thanks to all the Marshals and emergency crews who helped on the day.

Terrible news! This is a very sad reminder of the dangers of our beloved sports. I wish Billy Monger and his family all the best in this difficult time.

Sad news to hear for any driver and especially for one this young. I wish the best to him , his family and his friends.

Horrid news. I wish Billy the best in his recovery! :cry:

On another note, It's absolutely staggering how great the outpouring of support has been and how quickly the target money has been raised (over £260k now!!) :thumbsup: I raise my glass to the entire motorsport community - it's proper restoring-faith-in-humaity stuff. Especially to me after learning this evening that my relatives' shed was the target of an attempted break-in.

I'm proud to be a part of such a community as this.

Last edited:
@Blimey

I have edited your post and find your comment disgusting. Although I don't have the rights to hand out bans I have recommended you receive a permanent ban from RaceDepartment.

Your constant trolling is tiresome, but to do it on a topic such as this is beyond ridiculous. Seriously, please take a look at yourself and think if you really want to be the kind of person who makes comments like that about other human beings.

What a nightmare !! This makes me very sad and angry. Couldn't the driver in front pull to the left side earlier, not last moment, thus making the kid almost no time to react.... But probably it is the situation when you can not really blame anybody, it is just such unfortunate combination of a lot of bad situations....

I've read one post that the guy in stationary car just spun and happened to stop spinning at that spot, it was the matter of few seconds, not even marshals had time to react.

And it seemed like formula cars are safe nowadays, but they really are not...

So terrible.

Best wishes to Billy, thankfuly we live at a time of big science, medicine achievements. Hopefully receovery will be as good as it can be.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back