ACC British GT Series @ Various Tracks - Every Thursday

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
Hello guys,
I have a question regarding how to behave (or what is expected) in a race in the following situation as this occurred to me in the past:

Let's say I collect damage in the first lap and have to pit. I come out of the pits on the tail of P6 and am 1 or more laps behind in standings. My pace is slightly faster by 0.5 to 1 seconds a lap. I try to signalize the car in P6 to let me trough (flashing or moving car left/right on a straight before braking) but doesn't leave space and I do not attempt any dive or close side by side driving since that presents a risk. Should I just accept the situation and stay behind P6 since I am a lap or more down? I still maybe am competing with someone else in the field in the grand scheme.

Looking forward for tonight's race!

Hello guys,
I have a question regarding how to behave (or what is expected) in a race in the following situation as this occurred to me in the past:

Let's say I collect damage in the first lap and have to pit. I come out of the pits on the tail of P6 and am 1 or more laps behind in standings. My pace is slightly faster by 0.5 to 1 seconds a lap. I try to signalize the car in P6 to let me trough (flashing or moving car left/right on a straight before braking) but doesn't leave space and I do not attempt any dive or close side by side driving since that presents a risk. Should I just accept the situation and stay behind P6 since I am a lap or more down? I still maybe am competing with someone else in the field in the grand scheme.

Looking forward for tonight's race!
That's a great question! It's a bit of a grey area as the driver in front is under no obligation to let you through and you are free to unlap yourself.

I guess it comes down to who the driver in front is. If it was me in front of you and I noticed you were quicker I'd just let you by as A. I don't want to be holding you up and B. I'd rather concentrate on my own pace and not worry about someone behind trying to unlap themselves.

personally i treat that kind of situation the same as if im being lapped, im not actually in a race with you so to speak so if you are clearly faster id let you pass......the only situation i wouldnt, would be if i was in a fight or very close to someone on the same lap as me, in that case i would expect the car a lap down to wait, of course this probably rarely happens though as 99/100 drivers only care about themselves and their own race :rolleyes:

That's a great question! It's a bit of a grey area as the driver in front is under no obligation to let you through and you are free to unlap yourself.

I guess it comes down to who the driver in front is. If it was me in front of you and I noticed you were quicker I'd just let you by as A. I don't want to be holding you up and B. I'd rather concentrate on my own pace and not worry about someone behind trying to unlap themselves.
Yes me too. If you are faster, I let you go. I will stay behind and try to learn and maybe we both go forward together. Unless, we are both fighting for position.

But yeah, some people keep fighting without a plan. They just don't want to let anyone overtake them regardless if they are loosing time themselves.

Last edited:
Any chance to get the pw PM'ed? Got home earlier than expected, but server is launched and cant get in
Unfortunately if you aren't on the SGP sign up list when it goes live you won't be able to enter even if you have the password. Server entry list kinda thing.

Have a great race all.

I've applied the ballast to David's car, it said 35kg successfully added but showed 30kg on the timing screen so I'm not sure what's going on there.

I think due to the amount of people that don't attend races, giving people the option to click join on a series and have it enter them for all races might make that even worse.

Personally I'd love to just click join series and have it enter me on all the races, hopefully something they can improve on.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 12 22.6%
  • More leagues

Votes: 9 17.0%
  • Prizes

Votes: 9 17.0%
  • Trophies

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 3 5.7%