Bremgarten - 1950s

Tracks Bremgarten - 1950s 1.01

Login or Register an account to download this content
Thanks David - incredible work, as always. It's unrecognisable from the early test version I had, and that was still amazing.
Noticed a small issue with the crowds: they've got very faint horizontal lines over their heads. Easier to spot in VR than in 2D photos.
Thanks again.

Screenshot_renault_megane_rs_bremgarten_2-7-121-23-8-14.jpg

I've never used RSR, I'll start with that. I can see it's appeal on Spa, imola, silverstone or whatever but on a fat alfie, someone racing a delta, i think they're largely missing the point.
Yes beautiful for sight seeing for sure but still designed to race in lol
I was just curious if it worked I rarely use it myself we use United racing data and hash all the cars and tracks so no one can cheat

Yes beautiful for sight seeing for sure but still designed to race in lol
I was just curious if it worked I rarely use it myself we use United racing data and hash all the cars and tracks so no one can cheat

Oh yes, racing wheel to wheel of course is what they are best for. I didn't mean just cruising about with the roof down!

I think the lap is invalidated in RSR when 'all 4 tyres are on the grass'. If you look at the screenshot of Bremgarten's physical mesh, you can see how I created small pockets of low-grip dusty areas (which are maybe 50cm-60cm in diameter), as I wanted occasional puffs of dust, rather than a continuous huge plume of dust from the tyres.

If the car passes through this section and if at least one tyre is in contact with the normal tarmac at all times, I guess the lap will be okay. If, however, you are unlucky enough for all four tyres to touch the dust at the same time, RSR will think that you have gone off into the grass, so NO LAP.

This is just a guess, of course.

View attachment 485500

I've found if you keep to the left when passing the second building, almost hitting the curb just before you start up the hill, you can get a "valid" lap. It seems even easier if driving a car with narrow tires, like the Auto Union Type C. It'd be great if RSR had some way of discerning that these spots on this track (or any track) are still valid.

Either way, still another Fat Alfie mod that raises the bar for AC track detail and quality, and I can see and appreciate all the meticulous work that goes into these tracks.

You could have read exactly the first reply on this thread :laugh: (I've just added some extra info by the end of it). Anyway, the creator is already informed of the issue at hand, as this csp unintended nm feature affects most of his tracks with default named camera facing custom textures.
Mascot is talking about the line of pixels above the textures. I have those on almost all tracks with different textures, also kunos tracks. I think it's some kind of graphical setting, maybe forced Aniso in the driver or whatever. I have never found a way to get rid of those.

Sorry for misreading, I'll remove my reply as it doesn't contribute to anything. IIRC that can happen if the mapping extends a bit over the intended texture area (so it can loop), or some safe space is required on texture borders. The double traces over heads are likely from feet.

Last edited:
Sorry for misreading, I'll remove my reply as it doesn't contribute to anything. IIRC that can happen if the mapping extends a bit over the intended texture area (so it can loop), or some safe space is required on texture borders. The double traces over heads are likely from feet.
Thanks for the explanation. So to combat this phenomenon, it would be enough to add a few empty pixels around any texture it happens with?

Yeah, I have fixed that already, as the first part of a spectator patch, which AlleyViper has also been helping me with (basically a revised .in file and custom normal maps).

Last edited:
@Fat-Alfie @Jonah Hax @AlleyViper
I'm noticing this phenomena a LOT recently (I call them telegraph wires, for want of a better description) on many tracks that I'm pretty sure never used to have it. Often happens above tree walls for some reason.
Makes me wonder whether a CSP update has introduced it at some point. Seems to be just a single pixel shift causing the problem.
Pure speculation on my part of course, but it does seem odd that it seems to manifest where it didn't previously exist so something must be causing it.

@AlleyViper I did read the first (and all) posts before posting my image, but understand why you thought I had not. I think it is a different issue, glad to hear David has already fixed it. All's good.
:thumbsup:

Last edited:
OT: Yes, it was a completely different issue. Please disregard my previous reply which I've removed since Jonah Hax brought it to my attention.

If you notice it suddenly on certain tracks, I guess the best way to check is to just disable csp and confirm if the same assets look ok on vanilla. It's one of those very small things that can always be there, but from the moment you notice/look for it, you'll always see it.
Such tiny lines can pass unnoticed depending on distance, lighting, and a combination of aa and settings under csp could be making it worse.

On csp's "Tracks Adjustments" page if users don't uncheck "Adjust amount of spectators" (which is enabled by default), csp will remove most if not all camera facing ones in situations like Practice/Hotlap sessions (via config one can also specify 2d meshes). Sometimes users just aren't aware of it.

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to filter camera_facing.ini references, so even your pine cones will be gone. :thumbsdown:

Last edited:
On csp's "Tracks Adjustments" page if users don't uncheck "Adjust amount of spectators" (which is enabled by default), csp will remove most if not all camera facing ones in situations like Practice/Hotlap sessions (via config one can also specify 2d meshes). Sometimes users just aren't aware of it.

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to filter camera_facing.ini references, so even your pine cones will be gone. :thumbsdown:

Learning something new everyday. All sorts of details appeared when the option is unchecked. I may make a new video.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.