Bremgarten - 1950s

Tracks Bremgarten - 1950s 1.01

Login or Register an account to download this content

Fat-Alfie

Premium
Fat-Alfie submitted a new resource:

Bremgarten - 1950s - Scratch-built version of the legendary Swiss road circuit.

The Bremgarten track was first used in 1931 for Motorcycle racing with the first Swiss Grand Prix for cars taking place in 1934 and was held annually there after, dominated by the Silver Arrows, Hans Stuck winning the first GP in an Auto Union and the famous marque would win again in 1936 with Bert Rosemeyer where their rivals Mercedes would win with Hermann Lang in 1939 and with Rudolf Caracciola who would really make the circuit his own, winning in 1935, 1937 and 1938. Caracciola would...

Read more about this resource...

Sorry for an early csp-related issue report, some months ago when I noticed this csp behavior on one of your tracks with the intent to pass the info x4fab, I completely forgot to warn you.

CSP seems to be set to expect camerafacing spectators that use people_sit.dds and people_stand.dds as filenames to be using the exact ks texture, so it'll apply to them a matching NM located under assettocorsa\extension\textures\people with _nm suffix . Because you make use of your own vintage crowd textures, csp will then try to plaster that wrong NM on it, and crowds will end up with weird dark/bright blotches such as:
Screenshot_oneweek_porsche_912_r_bremgarten_2-7-121-10-49-41.jpg

This seems possible to avoid just by renaming your dds files to anything else, so they'll be untouched by these undesirable people_sit_nm and people_stand_nm files:
Screenshot_oneweek_porsche_912_r_bremgarten_2-7-121-10-58-42.jpg
(Problem is, they'll end looking a bit too bright, so something like your darker sol+csp variants included in deutschland ring might be required if there's no other way to adjust shaders for these elements. Edit: nvm, forgot ambient/diffuse is also controlled on the camera_facing.ini)

I don't know any better solution for it, but you might try to contact x4fab in case a simple config line suffices.

Thanks for this awesome track

PS: @Johnr777 , sorry for the ping. Mentioning you in case you know a better solution to share with Fat-Alfie. Ty

Edit: An extra bit of info that resulted from this: It seems that csp can also auto load custom nm files for textures mentioned on camera_facing.ini just by placing them on the same \data folder, as long as they are named the same as diffuse files but suffixed with "_nm".
If original people_sit.dds and people_stand.dds filenames are used, it's still possible to override the csp's texture\people\ nm files either with custom ones on the track's \data folder or even 0kb dummy files (due to higher priority).

Last edited:
As always, another masterpiece from you.

When running a few test laps this morning, I caught an issue with RSR Live Timing. Something about the track surface (at 2:46 in the video) is causing laps to be disqualified. Of course other parts of the track may have similar issues, but won't be apparent until the first one is fixed.

Also, a config and VOA update is now available. You might try it out and see if you like it.

Mod Edit: It's against our ToS to link to offsite downloads.
why not upload it to our site.

Last edited by a moderator:
The lap will be invalidated due to the parts of the track in the 'Quarry' section with low levels of grip (to give the small puffs of dust from the wheels). I won't be changing that as I like the effect it gives.

As for VAO, considering every object already has AO baked into its texture, and objects on the ground like trees, buildings, hay bales and oil drums already have an AO object underneath them (or baked into the terrain texture), I'm not sure why someone would want AO on top of AO :O_o: Unless they want solid black shadows :unsure:

The lap will be invalidated due to the parts of the track in the 'Quarry' section with low levels of grip (to give the small puffs of dust from the wheels). I won't be changing that as I like the effect it gives.

As for VAO, considering every object already has AO baked into its texture, and objects on the ground like trees, buildings, hay bales and oil drums already have an AO object underneath them (or baked into the terrain texture), I'm not sure why someone would want AO on top of AO :O_o: Unless they want solid black shadows :unsure:
Yeah, anything with dirt values in surface.ini is seen as invalid in RSR. Definitely not a track issue!

I had Mosport setup in a similar way to simulate runoff marbles, low grip, etc… but at the end of the day, I caved and catered to that crowd :rolleyes:

Yeah, anything with dirt values in surface.ini is seen as invalid in RSR. Definitely not a track issue!

I had Mosport setup in a similar way to simulate runoff marbles, low grip, etc… but at the end of the day, I caved and catered to that crowd :rolleyes:
Would you mind providing that version for those of us who don't use RSR Live Timing and are quite interested in the track author's intentions, especially in that kind of area? Many thanks to you and Alfie for some of the best tracks in AC both in terms of circuit choice and execution.

I have driven 3 different cars on the track so far and there have been no problems with RSR.

I think the lap is invalidated in RSR when 'all 4 tyres are on the grass'. If you look at the screenshot of Bremgarten's physical mesh, you can see how I created small pockets of low-grip dusty areas (which are maybe 50cm-60cm in diameter), as I wanted occasional puffs of dust, rather than a continuous huge plume of dust from the tyres.

If the car passes through this section and if at least one tyre is in contact with the normal tarmac at all times, I guess the lap will be okay. If, however, you are unlucky enough for all four tyres to touch the dust at the same time, RSR will think that you have gone off into the grass, so NO LAP.

This is just a guess, of course.

dusty-1.jpg

I think the lap is invalidated in RSR when 'all 4 tyres are on the grass'. If you look at the screenshot of Bremgarten's physical mesh, you can see how I created small pockets of low-grip dusty areas (which are maybe 50cm-60cm in diameter), as I wanted occasional puffs of dust, rather than a continuous huge plume of dust from the tyres.

If the car passes through this section and if at least one tyre is in contact with the normal tarmac at all times, I guess the lap will be okay. If, however, you are unlucky enough for all four tyres to touch the dust at the same time, RSR will think that you have gone off into the grass, so NO LAP.

This is just a guess, of course.

View attachment 485500
Thank you for the explanation. Sounds logical.:thumbsup:

As always brilliant work as for the extensions I'm sure they were created to help improve converted tracks.
I'm sure Rembrandt and Van Gogh wouldn't touch up their paintings to suit a few people.
I can understand if its something you may have missed but its your work and you should present it on how you want to present it.
I would always go for the directors cut if there was such a thing. :thumbsup:

I've never used RSR, I'll start with that. I can see it's appeal on Spa, imola, silverstone or whatever but on a fat alfie, someone racing a delta, i think they're largely missing the point.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back