Carlos Diaz

Happily driving a "girly" car
imgageoutput.php

Servername: RD Clash of the Titans
Class: BMW CSL Turbo vs Porsche 935
Track: 70sMonza
Start Time: 19.00 GMT
Practice: 20 minutes
Qualification: 10 minutes (ONE TIMED LAP)
Race: 2 x 18 laps
Note1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note2: Default skins that come with the mods.
Note3: The car you will be driving in Race 1 will be listed next to your name in the sign-ups. Please make sure you know what car you are driving in Race 1.

My Setups:

Attachments

• CD935.svm
    2.4 KB · Views: 306
  • CDTurboCSL.svm
    2.4 KB · Views: 318
Noticed that after choosing all of the cars from all of the classes there were some missing that are supposed to be there for sure. Like the Abarth 1000TC and the Alfa, they weren't there either.

Trying again with just the 76ers.

Got them working!!!

Apparently they clash with some of the other cars in the 76 class.
So I had to temporarily remove them all except for the Turbo CSL and the 935 into another folder.

I will put them back after the event is over.

Well, that was fun :D. Started okay, but the guy in front was slow, so I decided to go right. Then the turbo kicked in, and I swerved towards the fence. No biggie, I thought, I'd bounce off it, and resume without much drama. Fail. Went straight through the fence, and ended up in limbo.

EDIT: hope I'll be back in time for race 2! GLA

That's two hours of my life I'm never getting back. :frown:

Race 1, got my splitter knocked off, and these thing don't go round corners with no front grip. A slow limp round to the pits, followed by a 73 sec pitstop, with a racing laptime of around 87 seconds, reduced the best I could hope for was to unlap myself from as many people as I could. Finished a less than spirited 9th I think.

Race 2, got taken out at the start in the general chaos

Race 2 restart, actually got away carefully but OK, was starting to make progress closing on Roman and Bob, when Roman suddenly lagged back into my car, smashing the front off again.

Decided the runes were against me tonight and beat a tactical retreat.

I had a nightmare evening too!

Race one was ok, but i was generally quite slow in the 935. Had a quiet race just plodding round and onyl saw another car after lap 2 when Stu was unlapping himself.

Race Two - total mayham, tried to follow Stu through the crowds but he hut a stranded car and I piled into him taking a fair bit of damage.

Restart, highlight of the evening I managed to slither off the line reasonably well and took the lead. This was quickly stolen back by eck and I battled with Marc for a few laps until he went off at the last turn.

I was pounding round in 2nd and managed to have a massive spin coming out of Lesmo 2, recovered in 8th or 9th i think, I was looking forward to a good recovery drive and was closing in on Bob, giving the car a full rollocking but this soon took it's toll and I popped the engine before I could catch anyone.

It was really a story of what might have been tonight, great track and cars carlos! Well worth racing again i'd say. just a shame I rev so damn much!

While you're reading this, please imagine lots of profanity being shouted at the screen.

Race 2, got a clean start and ended up 4th. Got past a badly lagging Roman, and started working to keep the Beemer on the road. Caught up with Tom who was fishtailing everywhere and nipped past after he spun coming out of Lesmo 2. Now I was in 2nd place.

Lap 13, Knut is in my mirror, and on lap 14 he tries to get close into to Parabolica, but he loses it, and I now have an 8 second gap. I started to think I may grab a podium spot!

Lap 15, coming out of Lesmo 2, I lose power, loads of smoke in my mirror, gutted.

Nice event Carlos, cya next week.

That has tough! It's so hot here tonight and I'm getting really tired now.

Race 1 was kinda fun. I liked the Porsche but couldn't really focus in the race.

Race 2 was very entertaining and lots of action. But I couldn't concentrate at all. Suddenly there was a car smack in front of me and I'd make a mistake. There was also more lag tonight which made for some pretty scary moments! At the end my driving was rubbish. In my last lap I didn't follow Carlos braking points and suddenly I was storming towards him. I tried to evade him but hit the armco and him. Really sorry mate!!!

I think the dying BMWs was my fault. I set the RPMs to the max in the setups that I provided. I didn't get the car blowing up problem cuz I normally short shift the gears not letting the engine spin to the red line. That was my bad and I apologize.

my race report will come later, but I have to say sorry to Knut who was surely faster than me and he didn't expect me to brake as early as I did and he had no choice but to smack into me ruining his race. Sorry Knut, I brake early normally and in these beasts even more so.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back