Carlos Diaz

Happily driving a "girly" car
imgageoutput.php

Servername: RD Clash of the Titans
Class: BMW CSL Turbo vs Porsche 935
Track: 70sMonza
Start Time: 19.00 GMT
Practice: 20 minutes
Qualification: 10 minutes (ONE TIMED LAP)
Race: 2 x 18 laps
Note1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note2: Default skins that come with the mods.
Note3: The car you will be driving in Race 1 will be listed next to your name in the sign-ups. Please make sure you know what car you are driving in Race 1.

My Setups:

Attachments

• CD935.svm
    2.4 KB · Views: 305
  • CDTurboCSL.svm
    2.4 KB · Views: 315
OK - this is weird. Like Carlos, I didn't have any problem - all cars just showed straight up for me.

I've just downloaded the mod again, looked in every vehicles *.CAR file, and ALL of them have "SIM_GTC76" in the classes line.

Aha! That's the problem I bet.

No, I didn't use the link above - I went to GTL4U.de.

I believe the 'bude do something to the car files for their autoupdate application - I know for instance that the new Volvo P1800 needs some car file edits to work "as normal" online elsewhere. I suspect this is the same thing.

I suspect that we should only use Bude downloads/installs if that is the only source available, otherwise we're going to run into this more and more often.

I saw that altbierbude.de had V1.01 while GTL4U.de had V1.0

I looked over the files now and they are all dated to ca. 27.10.2008... except the .car files from altbierbude.de which were changed on 23.03.2010.

If we all use the patch you uploaded I think everything will be fine

Hell, I haven't even grabbed the latest version yet. I was planning to download and update this morning. I had the same the version 1.0 that Stu had from GTL4U.de.

I went with the one from the Bude cuz it was the latest version and I thought that maybe it included some bug fixes. Guess not lol.

I think we should all use the patch just to make sure there is no mismatch come raceday. Even if we aren't currently having the problem.

These cars are certifiable. Coming off parabolica and passing other GTC72 cars like the Porsche 911 and the Pantera like they are standing still. Thank the maker there are no chicanes!

Aha! That's the problem I bet.

No, I didn't use the link above - I went to GTL4U.de.

I believe the 'bude do something to the car files for their autoupdate application - I know for instance that the new Volvo P1800 needs some car file edits to work "as normal" online elsewhere. I suspect this is the same thing.

I suspect that we should only use Bude downloads/installs if that is the only source available, otherwise we're going to run into this more and more often.

Stuart,in the patch file there are 2 car files more than in my download from Bude: 00BD+9BD
that means that I miss 2 cars??

Hmmm, possibly - I haven't checked the bude file, as the GTL4U one worked straight out of the box, but it certainly sounds like the Bude have edited the mod quite aggressively.

I'd advise everyone to use the GTL4U download in that case, otherwise you may end up having car issues if someone chooses those 2 cars.

All drivers:

Here's the GTL4U link, just in case: http://www.gtr4u.de/index.php?page=DatabaseItem&id=2573

This one is what will be installed on the server, so I suggest you remove the 935 if you installed from the Bude, and install this one instead.

I'm now wondering about the CSL Turbo as well, I just noticed that's a Bude link also.

I installed the one ffrom No-Grip: http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=24573 This has got 7 cars inside it (1, 21, 41, 42, 7, 8, 99), all of them with the "SIM_GTC76" in the Classes line of their car file.

If someone could do a quick check between the downloads for me to see if there are any differences (Bude's firewalled off from me at work), I'd appreciate it. It will hopefully prevent any issues on Tuesday if we can get this sorted ahead of the game.

All drivers:

Here's the GTL4U link, just in case: http://www.gtr4u.de/index.php?page=DatabaseItem&id=2573

This one is what will be installed on the server, so I suggest you remove the 935 if you installed from the Bude, and install this one instead.

I'm now wondering about the CSL Turbo as well, I just noticed that's a Bude link also.

I installed the one ffrom No-Grip: http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=24573 This has got 7 cars inside it (1, 21, 41, 42, 7, 8, 99), all of them with the "SIM_GTC76" in the Classes line of their car file.

If someone could do a quick check between the downloads for me to see if there are any differences (Bude's firewalled off from me at work), I'd appreciate it. It will hopefully prevent any issues on Tuesday if we can get this sorted ahead of the game.

I went through the files and its the same story as 935. Only the classes in the .CAR files are different

No-Grip:
Code:
classes="SIM_FULL, SIM_GTC, SIM_GTC76, SIM_CSL, SIM_TOURING, SIM_DAG3NOT"
Bude:
Code:
classes="SIM_FULL, SIM_GROUP5, SIM_CSLTURBO, SIM_TOURING, SIM_DAG3NOT"

Could one assume that the Bude downloads may be ok if correcting the "classes" code section for both cars, which I have done or would you still suggest deleting them and reinstalling both from the other sites?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 328 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 221 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 285 13.4%