Carlos Diaz

Happily driving a "girly" car
imgageoutput.php

Servername: RD Clash of the Titans
Class: BMW CSL Turbo vs Porsche 935
Track: 70sMonza
Start Time: 19.00 GMT
Practice: 20 minutes
Qualification: 10 minutes (ONE TIMED LAP)
Race: 2 x 18 laps
Note1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note2: Default skins that come with the mods.
Note3: The car you will be driving in Race 1 will be listed next to your name in the sign-ups. Please make sure you know what car you are driving in Race 1.

My Setups:

Attachments

• CD935.svm
    2.4 KB · Views: 306
  • CDTurboCSL.svm
    2.4 KB · Views: 317
I just deleted the two cars and their sound files that came with them. Question? Do I need to delete all the Talent files that were installed with the incorect 935? Thanks for your help.

Also.. I tried to make a donation which I should I assume, but I repeatedly get sent to a non- english pay site?? Any suggestions?

I'm gonna update the links on the event post and send out a PM to whoever has joined the event to look into the thread to see what is going on so that they know why they are being asked to install from somewhere else.

I just deleted the two cars and their sound files that came with them. Question? Do I need to delete all the Talent files that were installed with the incorect 935? Thanks for your help.

Also.. I tried to make a donation which I should I assume, but I repeatedly get sent to a non- english pay site?? Any suggestions?

Jack, from what I remember you get directed to the German/Dutch Paypal site. As long as you've set up a Paypal account already, just use the same username/password.

Also, the BMW mod installs two different cars. One with Turbo and one without.

The cars we will be using are numbers 1,21, and 41.

The other BMW is slower and won't be able to keep up with the 935.

I'm gonna update the links on the event post and send out a PM to whoever has joined the event to look into the thread to see what is going on so that they know why they are being asked to install from somewhere else.

Sorry to hijack the thread, mate, but manual car file edits is going to end in tears. :D

So I thought everyone installing from the same place would be better and safer come Tuesday

I agree with you bud, downloading from one site makes sure that we are all using the same cars and prevents possible mismatches later.
That's why you are the Jedi Master and I'm the Padawan. <---(linked to definition in case some of you aren't Star Wars fans lol)

Got the cars working, as in I can choose them...

Making them work on track will be while different kettle of fish. Just took the 935 for a blast round Sarthe, slight wiggle going over the jump at the end of the mulsanne straight and suddenly had a an absolutely hideous accident........

Tuesday will certainly be interesting, and in my opinion could have one of the most hilarious race starts in GTL history.

From the race details...

"Note3: The car you will be driving in Race 1 will be listed next to your name in the sign-ups. Please make sure you know what car you are driving in Race 1."

Being new here, I'm presuming this means we all have a free choice of car for Race 2.

I've raced these cars in another league series and they are a blast. However both have strengths/weaknesses; the Porsche is quicker but eats tyres, while the Beemer has more of a pancheant for fuel and is VERY sensitive to over-revving. Nice track choice BTW:cool:

From the race details...

"Note3: The car you will be driving in Race 1 will be listed next to your name in the sign-ups. Please make sure you know what car you are driving in Race 1."

Being new here, I'm presuming this means we all have a free choice of car for Race 2.
No mate, it means you drive the other one in Race2.

So, if you are Beemer in Race 1, you are Porker in Race 2, and vicey versey :good:

I've raced these cars in another league series and they are a blast. However both have strengths/weaknesses; the Porsche is quicker but eats tyres, while the Beemer has more of a pancheant for fuel and is VERY sensitive to over-revving. Nice track choice BTW:cool:

I didn't think people ran leagues with these cars:D Must be very difficult to have close racing with these cars on most circuits.

I managed to blow up the straight 6 in my very short practice session so I'll keep an eye on the engine now:)

I didn't think people ran leagues with these cars:D Must be very difficult to have close racing with these cars on most circuits.

Yes it was a difficult series. It replicated (as far as we could) the 1976 World Sportscar Championship of which these cars were part of. We had a free choice of cars for each race which also included the Gr5 CSL and the standard GTC76 cars which were obviously outclassed by these monsters - as they were in the day. I must admit I was a bit of a girl and chose the RSR for most rounds, but it was good fun.

Senad, Amir can't join us so I put you in his slot, which means you will be driving the Beemer 1st.
I just wanna make sure you aren't looking for your name at the bottom of the entry list wondering why it's not there.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back