BLM Lights

Apps BLM Lights 1.16

Login or Register an account to download this content
It looks like i should definitely look inside your app, your features are amazing, i overlooked you apps untill now and my rain app do nearly the same stuff like your BLM Car app but this wet on off switch is amazing, does it work for every track or just for the wet mod tracks?

@Just Kauser wet-like track effect works with every track, but is designed to better work with the wet tracks by @Albs
I've just been told there are problems with the latest shaders patch, maybe Ilja changed something that broke the replacements... I'm going to ask him if he can restore it

@Blamer,
That's strange, I'm running the latest shaders patch 0.1.24, and the wet BLMlights button still works for me. Tried silverstone GP Wet, and when the wet toggle is on, the track is much darker/reflective, and turning it off the track is much lighter.

Cheers,
Divxmaster

Yes, the wet button goes green and the road gets darker but no light reflections on the wet road like it used to be just last week.

Wait!!!

I just double checked and the "wet shader" works right now on Daytona Road Course Night track but not on Brands Hatch or any other Kunos track. Just took a screenshot of Daytona. I have the latest version of Content manager, Custom shaders and the BLM Lights app.

JgwQRgl.jpg

So it's a track related problem with Kunos and some other mod tracks. :O_o:

Yes, the wet button goes green and the road gets darker but no light reflections on the wet road like it used to be just last week.

Wait!!!

I just double checked and the "wet shader" works right now on Daytona Road Course Night track but not on Brands Hatch or any other Kunos track. Just took a screenshot of Daytona. I have the latest version of Content manager, Custom shaders and the BLM Lights app.

JgwQRgl.jpg

So it's a track related problem with Kunos and some other mod tracks. :O_o:
Hey,
it's related to the wet mod tracks by albs, on the other tracks it works like before.
We're looking into it with x4fab.
Thanks

Hi there,

Please can you help out with digital flags? It's such a cool feature, but I'm struggling a bit.

I managed to get digital flags working at Oulton Park, but Road Atlanta is not working. Aside from Oulton Park, all tracks say "digital flags not available at this track". Can you provide some simple straightforward instruction please? Like an idiots guide!

Most importantly... Is there some way to get digital flags working at Spa?

Thank you!

These flags are part of the track, which have to be modeled. Add them, through your 3d Model software...
In kunos spa they put none. Can you provide a detailed plan/map, where there would be flags?
Is there any easy-to-follow guidance on how to add them to a track?

Or perhaps has anyone done this already, and would be willing to share the file?

no, there is no easy way, dig deeper, you're on the right path, nobody can show you the way better than yourself ;)
for the result in the left pic, I made this in Blender
dont ask any further, discover this rabbit whole alone, I did...
racing_flag.jpg

in the example above "Hockenheimring", there are Racing flags, but the green part is not a Mesh OR MATERIAL on its own.
So you take Blender and cut out the interesting part...

For spa one has to insert completly new Racing flags...

Is there really no one who can advise on how to create / get hold of great tracks with digital flags? Someone must have done it more than just Oulton Park... it's so cool!

if the above is not enough, you are at the wrong place

edit: if you make the second longest part, i do it
which is: watch a video, mark the places on a spa map, where there are flags, post the map!
i may make the longest part: make an extra kn5, include it through shaders patch

Last edited:
Hi, I am going crazy here. I have downloaded and installed the BLM Lights app just like I have done for countless other AC apps (including BLM Car which works perfectly) and the app refuses to show in the AC Apps sidebar. I have enabled it in Assetto Corsa settings in CM and also enabled the App Setting through CM but no joy. I have reinstalled just to check I did everything right. I have checked the assettocorsa/apps/python directory and the BLMLights directory is there with all it's sub directories. I have even tried ignoring CM and firing up AC directly and checking the app is actually present and ticked there and run a hotlap but no BLM Lights app to be found. Any suggestions? :)
Sorry it's OK now it appears 2 very important files had gone missing (BLMLights.py and sim_info.py) from the installed python/BLMLights directory. The reinstall using CM hadn't inserted them either? I did a manual reinstall overwriting all the existing files and hey presto the App is there. I really have no idea how those 2 files could have gone missing, I have over 50 years computer programming experience and don't normally make this sort of error.??? Old age maybe. :(:(

Last edited:
Hi again, I can use the app to change lighting on the tracks that already have lighting. Amazing app. As a newbie to this is there any method of adding lights to a track that has no lights. I am looking at trying to do lighting for Adelaide2011 and maybe I am wasting my time. There may be a good reason why no one has done lighting for it already?

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • More leagues

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Prizes

• Trophies

• Forum trophies

Votes: 0 0.0%