ACC Blancpain GT @ Paul Ricard - Sunday 28th April 2019

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah it was very distracting for me being new to all this. Should only be talk when required for race purposes in my view.
I had a couple of tips too but not 100% my fault either time.
Some very agressive drivers in ACC

<mod-edit : incidents with other drivers should be discussed in private >

Qualified 16th but had the pace to be near the top 10. Incredibly frustrating.
I think some guys need the RD drivers lesson too... some questionable driving.

Last edited by a moderator:
This was my 1st race on RD after quite some time, would love to do some more.
Indeed a great race. I really didn`t expect to be so competitive at all. But qualified on 2nd place, even none of my laps were clean.
Race start: again my BMW didn`t want to start in time, so lost 2 places there before race even began. From then on I was really enjoying. So many close and fair battles with @Gianfrest, @911 Fan and @Jarkko Torvinen, specially with @911 Fan, we were less then a second apart most of the race - respect mate :)
Eventually I won, although some lapper took me out 3 laps to go, but @Gianfrest was so much fair and let me back to lead in last lap - well done mate, I really appreciate your move.

Last edited:
Sorry for the contact at 1l t1. Really no clue about what happened.
I definitely agree about teamspeak as a tool for the Steward rather than a chat with tea and cookies.

Also I believe would be nice to have a server up for practice during the week as we were used to be with AC.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good race, even though had a spin running over curb coming to last corner, own fault because of the pressure from you @911 Fan and @Mitja Bonca :D
Had car setup for top speed so could pull away on straight, but oh it was tough rest of the track ;)
Yee, saw how you were pulling away on straight, came close before that, and here we go again. Shame you spun, could have been a close racing until the end. Next time. Cheers.

@911 Fan, I hope I`ll have time. I would love to race with you guys ones more.

Yes, rule 8 of the racing club rules is why:
Try and discuss any incidents with the other drivers involved after the race in a friendly manner.
But rule 8 is redundant in the case of ACC as if we cant agree it goes to the reporting system which involves having the only method of reporting unavailable in ACC due to current technical limitations. It's like getting a blind person to drive and telling them they must obey the speed limits on the signposts, we need a backup system for when sims can't comply with the "perfect scenario". For example, Chavira has been involved in around incidents this race, yet nothing can be done because ACC can't comply with the incident report procedure. Can we have a 8.a.1 where common sense can also be used?

I think we have to take it ”as is" until final release and just enjoy the casual atmosphere of doing Sunday races without putting too much pressure on the organizers. I personally feel thankful to be on the ACC bandwagon here at RD with all the compromises.
When replays will be available, I am convinced we will in the same place we were used with AC, but with the boost of the ‘competizione’.
The ranking system might be a great tool in that direction as well in case they decide to have a separate server for the work in progress drivers like me.

Last edited:
Yea, usually we chat a bit on TS, but totally stop doing so if someone asks. My race was made a bit pointless due to two ridiculous drive-through penalties, so my mind drifted and I participated a bit on TS. Apologies for the trouble.
I'd also like to apologize to the black ferrari I bumped at the end of the race, it was truly my fault.

I do have some remarks of my own regarding others behaviors: - In qualy if you are not on a hotlap, give the guy behind space. For two times, I was up 0.5s from my qualy time but some guy in front of me didn't gave space. Its infuriating!

I dont think the game is ready for club races. The Kerbs have a mind of their own and the automatic penalties are even worse than Raceroom. I barely touched the outside of turn2 exit and was given 2 drive-throughs. Ugh.

cheers

I was smashed into by @Ronnie Böhme , no apology given and wrecked the rear end of my car giving me crazy oversteer on right hand corners. Had to pit and race was pretty much over.
Qualified 16th but had the pace to be near the top 10. Incredibly frustrating.
I think some guys need the RD drivers lesson too... some questionable driving.
@Isaac Chavira , I think you need to learn to move out of the way when you have cars that are ahead of you in the race and not try racing them. It's annoying as puts people offline and out of rhythm.
First of all, I'm very sorry for what happened yesterday. I didn't say anything because I just listen in TS and in-game chat during race is distracting at best. I've honored the golden rule which I thought to be enough to show you (and the rules) respect. As for the incident itself, it's always hard to judge a situation right from just one single point of view. From my perspective the expression "smashed into" isn't doing the situation justice. I was just trying to outbrake you at the second chicane after having a good exit in the first one. I went to the inside line and hit the brake at the second marker. You managed to brake a little later so you were ahead of me again. Suddenly our lines overlapped, it happened so fast that I don't know what happened, did the game lag or did you already turn in, no clue. What I know is that I was braking 100% and didn't have enough time to turn right bevor the hit. I was very surprised how hard that hit was calculated. I expected to turn you around and spinning myself, but it even liftet you off the ground, which to me looks even more like lag. I'm not trying to talk myself out of it, all I'm trying to say is that the consequences of that tap didn't correspond to the incident itself at all. Once again, I'm really sorry I've ruined your race.

ACC did add a drive through penalty for cutting on top of the incident. In a real race I'd be given one for causing a colision, so I can still accept it. But clearly ACC isn't ready for MP racing just yet, so are some of us drivers. The starting procedure is a big mess because of people not getting that it's a shortened warmup lap before the start, ignoring their ice cold tires and brakes or stalling their cars. This time the guy in front of me was taken out in the first hairpin before the race was even startet. I've tried to avoid hitting him and the other guy and was last when the race finally started. Anyway, this was my last attempt at ACC MP in 0.7.2, I'm certain they'll address all of those issues in the near future.

The 5 minute wait was also cut short, no? I left for 2 minutes and when I was about to sit down, the warm lap started

First of all, I'm very sorry for what happened yesterday. I didn't say anything because I just listen in TS and in-game chat during race is distracting at best. I've honored the golden rule which I thought to be enough to show you (and the rules) respect. As for the incident itself, it's always hard to judge a situation right from just one single point of view. From my perspective the expression "smashed into" isn't doing the situation justice. I was just trying to outbrake you at the second chicane after having a good exit in the first one. I went to the inside line and hit the brake at the second marker. You managed to brake a little later so you were ahead of me again. Suddenly our lines overlapped, it happened so fast that I don't know what happened, did the game lag or did you already turn in, no clue. What I know is that I was braking 100% and didn't have enough time to turn right bevor the hit. I was very surprised how hard that hit was calculated. I expected to turn you around and spinning myself, but it even liftet you off the ground, which to me looks even more like lag. I'm not trying to talk myself out of it, all I'm trying to say is that the consequences of that tap didn't correspond to the incident itself at all. Once again, I'm really sorry I've ruined your race.

ACC did add a drive through penalty for cutting on top of the incident. In a real race I'd be given one for causing a colision, so I can still accept it. But clearly ACC isn't ready for MP racing just yet, so are some of us drivers. The starting procedure is a big mess because of people not getting that it's a shortened warmup lap before the start, ignoring their ice cold tires and brakes or stalling their cars. This time the guy in front of me was taken out in the first hairpin before the race was even startet. I've tried to avoid hitting him and the other guy and was last when the race finally started. Anyway, this was my last attempt at ACC MP in 0.7.2, I'm certain they'll address all of those issues in the near future.
Thanks for the apology and the explanation from your POV. Maybe it was lag then. It seemed like one minute you were behind quite a bit and as I braked for the corner suddenly your car flew into the back of me, almost like brakes were not applied. I'm starting to wonder if this is also something that is happening online in public lobbies and we get angry that there are intentional wreckers even when in actual fact it's the net code that isn't quite right, yet. After all, it is still in EA as we've not had any updates since 0.7.2.

Thanks for the apology and the explanation from your POV. Maybe it was lag then..

Something I was reading either here or the official ACC forum mentioned that the 100% CPU occupancy can cause a slowdown of sorts when there is more than a 3ms delay between instruction and CPU calculation. Apparently this shows itself as a slowdown in both SP and MP. so it may be that a mix of maxed out cpu moments caused a slowdown and a lag-esque contact.

So would that mean that someone could see that they are having the 100% CPU occupancy issue and then they would have lag?
Only asking as I haven't seen the CPU occupancy warning for months now...

While I'll admit, the game does have issues online from what people say, I personally have been lucky enough to avoid any such issues. But people not pressing the right buttons or not being ready for the game to start etc isn't really the game's fault. Please keep with it and I'm sure they'll get it sorted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back