Resource icon

Cars Bentley Continental GT3 Anniversary Edition

Login or Register an account to download this content
very disappointing, the template isnt symmetrical so painting liveries is more demanding, there is distortion on the body so decals become out of shape, just an allround poor job texture wise on this car which is a shame because it looks fantastic

note the oval number on the side and the 'drooping' decal above the rear wheel, i was looking forward to painting up some nice liveries for this car.....but not anymore.

Attachments

• 2015-08-02_00001.jpg
    2015-08-02_00001.jpg
    428.3 KB · Views: 312
  • 8-2-2015 1-00-53 AM.png
    8-2-2015 1-00-53 AM.png
    57.3 KB · Views: 282
i dont have to go to page one, this is what i found when i tried to make a template for the car, so no amount of 'good' comments is ever gonna change what i discovered when editing the file, sorry but poor mapping is poor mapping, the red/blue texture proves that

Kakusso already said that this issue will be fixed in the next update so no need to be "very disappointed" at all. Just be patient and wait for the next release instead of moaning about an issue which is already known.

point is it should never have been released in that condition to start with, it just reflects on his workmanship.......makes you wonder what the rest of the car is like.

thats all ive got to say, im still keen to get the 'improved' version

very disappointing, the template isnt symmetrical so painting liveries is more demanding, there is distortion on the body so decals become out of shape, just an allround poor job texture wise on this car which is a shame because it looks fantastic

note the oval number on the side and the 'drooping' decal above the rear wheel, i was looking forward to painting up some nice liveries for this car.....but not anymore.

This is my very first mod project, I never worked with textures before, never unwrapped before either. Still have a lot to learn.
Blender just unwraps the the uv map in this asymmetrical way and I don't know why.
In any case I already corrected the asymmetries in the bonnet. If I had more experience I would use a square pattern to test the texture. But as soon as I have noticed the problem, I have posted a message asking to not start the textures until the next release.
In any case I am sorry.

Last edited:
Personally I think its great man. Its far beyond anything I could do. I've gotten pretty good at physics, but the actual modding is beyond me. I have to just enjoy other peoples work. Thanks for all the effort, and replies to questions.

Blender just unwraps the the uv map in this asymmetrical way and I don't know why.
If you use a mirror modifier, you can check 'Textures: U' and it'll be symmetric but you have to place the center seam manually (pin tool, 'P' in uv view, is very useful for this purpose, as 'uv unwrap' won't move pinned vertices, only the rest), the other option is to use the 'Project from View' type of unwrap. 'uv unwrap' and 'smart unwrap' will both not produce symmetric unwraps on their own.

If you use a mirror modifier, you can check 'Textures: U' and it'll be symmetric but you have to place the center seam manually (pin tool, 'P' in uv view, is very useful for this purpose, as 'uv unwrap' won't move pinned vertices, only the rest), the other option is to use the 'Project from View' type of unwrap. 'uv unwrap' and 'smart unwrap' will both not produce symmetric unwraps on their own.
Thank you Stereo, I will use your first proposition. My first unwrap was done with project from view but the baking was not even between sides, (some were darker than others), and the frontiers between views were visible in AC.

Kakusso updated Bentley Continental GT3 with a new update entry:

More polished model and new symmetric texture map

Version RC2c of the Bentley Continental GT3 is now available
Change log:
  • More polished car overall including exterior and interior
  • New texture map for the main body witch is now symmetrical, (almost).
I have received some complains from people trying to do skins, this version should address the previous problems. It is not perfect but it should allow you to do the skins without much problems.
The development of the car is reaching the end. I know many wanted it to be...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I think I figured it out. I flattened the image before I saved it before. This time, I didnt flatten, just saved, and now the lights work properly. Sorry, its a little different than I'm used to doing it I guess. The mod just keeps getting better though, Thank you again!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back