BeamNG.drive

The saga continues:rolleyes::geek:...I noticed that the 'Fire' does not really illuminate any of the surrounding objects:(...so BeamNG 'World Editor' to the rescue;).

I wanted to add some more fire orange colored lighting to the scenery...still learning and geeking out that BeamNG can do this:geek::rolleyes:
2a BeamNG 2 CAR FIRE EXPLOSION World Editor ARROWS copy .jpg
2 BeamNG 2 CAR FIRE EXPLOSION World Editor copy.jpg

Below image is a straight screensot from a paused 'Replay' with no added lights
0 BeamNG 2 CAR FIRE EXPLOSION World Editor copy.jpg

This is final image with added orange lights...as indicated by top image with arrows
1 BeamNG 2 CAR FIRE EXPLOSION World Editor copy.jpg

Combining all I've learnt so far from above 'Fire Explosion' effect / reviewing Replays in Photo Mode and adding some extra lighting in BeamNG's 'World Editor:)...an absolute geek fest:geek::geek::geek::geek::D

The ultimate multiple car Fire Expolsion in a Gas Station test :confused:...with some extra added lighting :inlove:
1st screenshot below is straight un-edited as it comes without added lighting, looks ok but needs the Fire colour spill over onto nearby objects.
0c BeamNG Multiple VEHICLE Gas Station FIRE EXPLOSION copy.jpg

This second screenshot with added lighting highlighting the back of the White car to the left / nearby objects / lighting on the ground in front of the Truck and edge of car to the right
0a BeamNG Multiple VEHICLE Gas Station FIRE EXPLOSION copy.jpg

Scene in BeamNG 'World Editor'
0b BeamNG Multiple VEHICLE Gas Station FIRE EXPLOSION World Editor copy.jpg

These further screenshots are from 'Tabbing' between other cars in the Replay to get different view points of the other cars in the scene:geek::geek::geek::geek::inlove:
1 BeamNG Multiple VEHICLE Gas Station FIRE EXPLOSION copy.jpg
2 BeamNG Multiple VEHICLE Gas Station FIRE EXPLOSION copy.jpg
3 BeamNG Multiple VEHICLE Gas Station FIRE EXPLOSION copy.jpg

Once I composed the screenshot you can view the replay very slowly, hitting 'Pause' (J key) at the right moment, once paused you can then hit the 'back Arrow key to rewind the Replay 1 second if you missed that exact moment...amazing functionality:inlove:

Last edited:
Had a 'Eureka' moment being a noob in BeamNG ( at time of this post):confused:....so the experienced BeamNG users can roll your eyes now:rolleyes::roflmao:
Decided to try out the 'Set Route' function after struggling to find my way around the maps with my Truck and Trailer transporting my favorite Race Cars to the Race Tracks on previous occasions:whistling:.

Loading up the Race Cars onto the Truck and Trailer ready to travel.
1 BeamNG SET ROUTE Arrows copy.jpg
2 BeamNG SET ROUTE Arrows copy.jpg

Looked at the 'Map' to 'Set Route':inlove:...awesome:D...and thought I would add some Traffic to make things interesting:p
3 BeamNG SET ROUTE Arrows copy.jpg
4 BeamNG SET ROUTE Arrows copy.jpg

I'm off and was challeged immediately by the first 'Stop' sign...had to be on a hill, didn't it:confused::roflmao:...thank goodness for my 'Thrustmaster Sparco Handbrake':inlove: as I was able to do a perfectly smooth Hill Start.
Side Note: Even though the Race Cars on the Trailer had engines off and Parking Brake on they still move slightly and can lerch forward or backwards on sudden movement of the Truck driving
4a BeamNG SET ROUTE Arrows copy.jpg

Now for the IRL Drama:confused::geek::roflmao:...came to the next hill top crest and stopped for a hill start, then moved forward only to find myself beached on the peak by the Trailer legs:confused::confused:...so I knew this Truck had 'Spring Height adjustment, that should do it but did not have it installed onto the Truck:redface:
So I went into 'Vehicle Config' to add it to the Truck....BUT just as I did this the Trailer with the Cars disconnected from the Truck (noob):confused:, ...Trailer and Cars came down with a thump onto the road.....with hands on head, yelling at screen "Don't you %&$@! fall off the Trailer:confused::redface:
Luckily the Cars did stay on but did violently bounced and move backwards a short distance.
I was able to raise the 'Sring Height' to maximum which did raise the Trailer legs off the ground enough, then re-attached the Trailer....talk about sweating bricks:coffee:
5 BeamNG SET ROUTE Arrows copy.jpg
6 BeamNG SET ROUTE Arrows copy.jpg

With IRL crisis out of the way I was able to carry on.
7 BeamNG SET ROUTE Arrows copy.jpg
9 BeamNG SET ROUTE Arrows copy.jpg
10 BeamNG SET ROUTE Arrows copy.jpg

Finally arriving at my destination:inlove::cool:...unloaded my Race Cars for the days racing and loaded up some old Wrecker Cars for another time :geek:

Just thinking out loud...I would like to see some 'Set Route' destinations that are longer than the one I was on here, meaning I am still on the same Map, but taken around the Map roads the long way for a more challenging and longer drive, but still to the 'Set Destination':thumbsup:

This is with out a doubt a fantastic experience overall, taking the IRL scenario and being able to do it all in BeamNG....thanks BeamNG:thumbsup:

Last edited:
My first purchase of a Paid DLC Mod for BeamNG, the '1973 Ibishu Signia' from 'LJ74'. It came up in my 'You Tube' feed from well a known YT Creator and as they usually give the Mod a good looking at i decided to purchase.:thumbsup:
The amount of content variations in the DLC package for one car is simply astonishing:confused:, so value for small amount of money outlaid is outstanding:inlove:.

Modeling of the '1973 Ibishu Signia' is to a very high quality and in some areas even better than the stock content.

Screenshots of content in the Pack once in BeamNG
0 BeamNG Ibushi Signia MOD copy.jpg
1 BeamNG Ibushi Signia MOD copy.jpg
2 BeamNG Ibushi Signia MOD copy.jpg
3 BeamNG Ibushi Signia MOD crop copy.jpg

Really keen to have a go at the Drag Racing in BeamNG and tried the 'Missions' against the AI....think I require more practice:redface::roflmao:
4 BeamNG Ibushi Signia MOD Drag Car on Truck copy.jpg
5 BeamNG Ibushi Signia MOD Drag Car crop copy.jpg
6 BeamNG Ibushi Signia MOD Drag Car crop copy.jpg

The 'Race' version Engine modelling is superb as is the Cockpit:thumbsup:
8 BeamNG Ibushi Signia MOD Race Car crop copy.jpg
7 BeamNG Ibushi Signia MOD Race Car crop copy.jpg

LOL..thanks for showing some interest:)...I would like to think this info and screenshots may help others out at some stage.
Glad I am on holiday for a few more days:D...just scratching the surface of what BeamNG can do:geek:

Seriously, your format shouldn't be buried in threads here.
Go start a web site, your perspective and outlook are refreshing.
Add some intensive learning classes for each sim.
Oh I better shut up with my opinions or I get accused of starting fight.

" Whoever says photography is not painting with light is full of it " DD 2023

Does photography mean painting with light?

Light painting, painting with light, light drawing, or light art performance photography are terms that describe photographic techniques of moving a light source while taking a long-exposure photograph, either to illuminate a subject or space, or to shine light at the camera to 'draw', or by moving the camera itself.

Photo or screenshots, pre/ post production are not very different. ;)
Roundabouts what I get from your screenshots. :x3:

Last edited:
Seriously, your format shouldn't be buried in threads here.
Go start a web site, your perspective and outlook are refreshing.
Add some intensive learning classes for each sim.
Oh I better shut up with my opinions or I get accused of starting fight.

Photo or screenshots, pre/ post production are not very different. ;)
Roundabouts what I get from your screenshots. :x3:
Thank you for your response and opinions Durge Driven, always appreciated:)

Being on a holiday break (at time of this post) gives the time to enjoy the Sim of choice with much more intensity:geek:...hence the prolific screenshoting of BeamNG when the 0.27 update was dropped:roflmao:.

Absolutely agree that 'Photography is Painting with Light' which is why having a great 'Photo Mode' with complete functionality is just heaven:inlove:.

Great idea for the Website and is something to seriously consider when retired and can fully commit to learning new Sims and taking Screenshots etc, which take up a considerable of time;). Having a full time job is the only way to earn money at the moment and naturally takes most of my time.:D

Thanks for stopping by:)

Last edited:
This is a FREE Mod :confused:...amazing.

The '2022 Procyon Centauri' from Finn Wilkinson looks / drives and sounds fantastic and available from BeamNG 'Mods' section

The below 3 screenshots are of the 'U340 TD HT34' variant in game.

0 BeamNG MOD Procyon Centauri U340 TD HT38 copy.jpg
1 BeamNG MOD Procyon Centauri U340 TD HT38 copy.jpg
3 BeamNG MOD Procyon Centauri U340 TD HT38 copy.jpg

This is the 'Perservance Package' variant in game.
1 BeamNG 2022 PROCYON CENTAURI copy.jpg
5 BeamNG 2022 PROCYON CENTAURI copy.jpg
0 BeamNG 2022 PROCYON CENTAURI copy.jpg

Another Race Car Trackday scenario....loaded up the Covet Trackcar onto the Truck and got the driver transport it to the Race Track while I drove my daily driver car, the 'Ibishu Covet 2.0 GTz' to the Race Track to meet and unload for the days racing:inlove:

As far as I am aware this type of IRL scenario, loading your own cars onto a Transport Truck, actually driving the Truck Transporter to the Race Track, starting up and unloading the cars, really racing them around the Track with real life consequences, damage etc and going even further, reloading the cars after the days racing and heading off back home. :geek:....is not available in any other Sim?

This for me personally is a thoroughly enjoyable experience....it's a ETS2 / ATS meets Sim Racing;) ...a very unique experience...brilliant work BeamNG:)

0 BeamNG Ibishu COVET 2L GTz at PITS copy.jpg
1 BeamNG Ibishu COVET 2L GTz at PITS .jpg

....oppps, while composing the screenshot, I accidentally pushed the wrong function button:redface:....and blow up the Truck Transporter...only in BeamNG
2 BeamNG Ibishu COVET 2L GTz at PITS Truck Fire copy.jpg

Last edited:
The coolest Mod ever, the 'Working Winch';)....although not sure why this 'Working Winch' is not standard item for vehicles within BeamNG:O_o:

Had a bad Trackday Practice, not a problem, call in the LiftUp Truck with a 'Working Winch', hook it up to the car, drag the car onto the Trucks Deck:inlove:...then head back to the Pits for some running repairs:thumbsup:...just awesome.

0 BeamNG Gavril Cabstar ROLLBACK with WINCH copy.jpg
1 BeamNG Gavril Cabstar ROLLBACK with WINCH copy.jpg
3 BeamNG Gavril Cabstar ROLLBACK with WINCH copy.jpg
4 BeamNG Gavril Cabstar ROLLBACK with WINCH copy.jpg

This YT Video explains in more depth on how to use the 'Working Winch' :thumbsup:

Another YT Video to help your vehicle up a step rocky hill using the 'NODES' as a winch to help your vehicle up a hill :inlove:

Last edited:
Travelling on the 'Classic' BeamNG Holiday:D....what could possibly go wrong:redface::roflmao:

0 BeamNG ETK 800 Series856 ttSPORT with CARAVAN copy.jpg
1 BeamNG ETK 800 Series856 ttSPORT with CARAVAN copy.jpg

.....yep, the usual:roflmao:

4 BeamNG ETK 800 Series856 ttSPORT with CARAVAN copy.jpg
5 BeamNG ETK 800 Series856 ttSPORT with CARAVAN copy.jpg
6 BeamNG ETK 800 Series856 ttSPORT with CARAVAN copy.jpg

Really like that in some maps when the sun goes down lighting from Street Lamps come on....Juniper Grove' Holiday Camp had the lights come on, a very nice touch:thumbsup:
I did add some extra lighting in 'World Editor' as well to enhance some areas that were a bit dark, brilliant functionality in BeamNG 'Photo Mode':inlove:

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea