Thou shall not pass!!!
Staff
Premium
bmw-1m-prijzen-00002-918x612.jpg
E30-M3-12-van-51-1024x683.jpg

P90251019-the-new-bmw-m4-cs-04-2017-2250px.jpg
BMW_M3_E92.jpg

Welcome to the RD Racing Club.

December is the month in which we organize some extra fun events. Today something special for all the BMW lovers in our community. You have the choice of 5 Bimmers for a race in the Highlands.
The cars should be very competetive looking at the results of the tests. Which one will you choose?
So sign up for an exciting event with rear wheel drive cars in beautiful Scotland!

1638479739028.jpeg

All premium members can sign up for this event and slots are limited so make sure to tag a friend! This event will take place on the newly developed platform Simracing.GP and it's extremely easy to join!
Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here and here to learn how you can participate as well.

Server information:
  • Practice Server: #02 (Available throughout the race week)
  • Race server: S.GP
  • 20:00 CEST, 19:00 BST (19:00 UTC) | 1 hour 15 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:20 CEST, 20:20 BST (20:20 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:40 CEST, 20:40 BST (20:40 UTC) | 45 minutes - Race

Event details:
  • Cars:
    • BMW 1M stage 3
    • BMW M3 E30 Drift
    • BMW M3 E92
    • BMW M4
    • BMW Z4 E89 Drift
  • Track: Highlands Long, Fantasy
  • Pit stop: mandatory
  • Track Temps: 20C air/27C track
  • Track Condition: Clear
  • Track grip: 100%
  • Damage: 10%
  • Further info on simracing.gp

Useful Links:

Last edited:
A message to all Drivers,

If you run off track, you have to check to see that its clear before you re enter the track. Do not just keep the gas pinned and pull back on track.

When entering the track from the pits, stay off the racing line until you are up to speed. Do not race on your out lap, let other drivers by. On re-entering the track stay off the racing line until you are up to race speed and do not block any fast approaching car.

Golden Rule
  1. If you hit somebody off the track and carry on like nothing happened, you take the risk of being banned for 30 days.
  2. Instead, you should always wait for the affected drivers, and that way you can be 100% sure you will not get a ban.
Track limits
  1. No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please.
    You will be penalized if you break our rules
Note: Please use your full real name in Discord. Not doing so may result in you being kicked from the server if an admin cannot identify you as a premium

Hy folks. I just signed up with the M4 to have a little more stable car for my first run with my very new T300 RS GTE. :)

I only had one hour today of setting it up and testing it a little bit, so still at the very beginning of getting used to it. The first feeling is good but it's very tough to get used to 900° rotation compared to my 270° I had for ages. So catching slides is a different story now. I have to reset nearly every reactions, which comes from the spine. :whistling:

Last edited:
Drove all cars last night, for a goodly time too.
M4 easiest to drive, then M1, then , M3’s , finally hardest to drive was the Z4.
I picked the Z4 because for me, the quickest, but quite a handful.
None are easy, did roughly same time in all give or take a second.
Will be very interesting to see what people can extract from these cars, all new to our race forum.
So it should be a even playing field, with no one having an advantage.
Look forward to tonight.
That’s not to say that inevitably the Aliens will not disappear into the distance, but mistakes will be plentiful tonight

Hy folks. I just signed up with the M4 to have a little more stable car for my first run with my very new T300 RS GTE. :)

I only had one hour today of setting it up and testing it a little bit, so still at the very beginning of getting used to it. The first feeling is good but it's very tough to get used to 900° rotation compared to my 270° I had for ages. So catching slides is a different story now. I have to reset nearly every reactions, which comes from the spine. :whistling:
Funny you say that, I would have thought the T300 had adjustable steering angle.
I have my wheel set at 540 deg and obviously in AC too.
Like you say, 900 deg rotation blunts my ability to react quick enough, thought it was because I am an Arthritic old git.
I say that because invariably when I see wheel setups most, if not all go for 900 or 1050 deg.

Drove all cars last night, for a goodly time too.
M4 easiest to drive, then M1, then , M3’s , finally hardest to drive was the Z4.
I picked the Z4 because for me, the quickest, but quite a handful.
None are easy, did roughly same time in all give or take a second.
Will be very interesting to see what people can extract from these cars, all new to our race forum.
So it should be a even playing field, with no one having an advantage.
Look forward to tonight.
That’s not to say that inevitably the Aliens will not disappear into the distance, but mistakes will be plentiful tonight
You're spot on, Ernie. Exactly my findings when I tested these cars at the Deutschlandring. If this event is a success I will probably do another Bimmer event at a different and shorter track to see if the cars are competitive there too.

It would be nice to have a balanced championship with 5 cars so different in characteristics.

What a fun race, congrats to Reik! Great pace. Really enjoyed the back and forth battle facilitated by the different strengths of the cars, great choice @HF2000.

From my side I learned a few things this race :D
  • Fuel takes a long time to refill in these BMWs! In ~1500 hours of AC, I actually hadn't realised that it can be different than 200ms/l which it is for most cars
  • Don't try to run the semislicks for 45 minutes, they will try to kill you after 30 minutes :p
VR onboard was recorded since I had some problems with streaming, I'll post it a bit later. :)

Simresults: https://simresults.net/211207-6kb

Oh damn, I thought I had missed the sign-up time for this race by a few minutes. Turns out I signed up days ago and then forgot about it :cry:
It's a pity, we could have used some more drivers. But this choice of cars looks really promising. Next week I will organize with these cars an event on Spa. I hope that will attract more drivers.

Although only 9 sign ups have started for this event, I think we can call it a success. The 5 BMW's have similar performance but different characteristics that make the race very dynamic. I had a good start with my Z4, but struggled to keep @beginer in the M4 behind me in sector 1. Only on the long straight I was able to create a gap with the superior top speed that gave me some breathing room, but in sector 3 he was able to close the gap so we had another very stressful sector 1. After a few laps I was able to hold a gap of about 2.5s but only with full concentration. @Reik Major, @Chris Down and @Kek700 were way ahead so the M4 behind it was my only concern. I came 3rd as a present when Ernie decided to blow up his engine and disconnected. After Chris G. took an early pit stop I was in no man's land and without the pressure I was able to slowly improve my lap times. After my pit stop with fresh tires it got even better and I put down a new PB. The gap with Chris G. at the time was 16s so he must have been unlucky somewhere. Happy to finish at the podium in this challenging car.

Congratulations to Reik and Chris for the podium.

I hope everyone enjoyed it. I'm a little surprised the M3s weren't further along. For me it was the fastest car, but because there were already many registrations, I opted for the Z4 for more diversity.

I think this experiment deserves a sequel, so next week we'll do it again, but at Spa to see if that attracts more people. Maybe they are tired of learning a new track every week.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back