PC2 B2B Software Project CARS PRO Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project CARS PRO.jpg

Exclusively for the business-to-business environment, Slightly Mad Studios have confirmed the release of Project CARS PRO.

Developed as a professional and events entertainment piece of software, based on the Project CARS 2 racing game, PCARS PRO has been "designed from the ground-up" to suit the needs of the ever growing location-based entertainment centres and events industry.

“We spent a lot of time listening and talking to our partners and clients before we built Project CARS Pro,” said Stephen Viljoen, COO at Slightly Mad Studios. “What we came away with was a keen sense of what they needed from a professional software product, and we went ahead and built Project CARS Pro around those exact needs.”

“Project CARS Pro is really a game-changer in the LBE space,” added Viljoen. “Aside from all the best-in-class technology and gameplay and content, the product will free venue operators from having to spend their time running the software and allow them to focus on what matters most—their customers. And as we know, satisfied customers is one of the key ingredients to successful LBE venues.”
Featuring many of the cars and tracks that make up the Project CARS game franchise, this new version will be exclusively available for business use rather than on home PC and consoles... so you will have to hang tight a little longer for the in-development Project CARS 3...

Project CARS PRO Features:
  • Extensive cars and tracks offer a wide and varied choice for operators and clients.
  • Best-in-class car handling, physics, and graphics.
  • Customizable content to suit all customer tastes, experience- and skill levels.
  • Manage session duration with ease.
  • Customizable settings for weather, seasons, driver assists, and time of day.
  • Convenient scale-up from a single pod solution to multiple pods.
  • LAN multiplayer for venues with multiple pod availability.
  • All major steering wheels supported, including direct drive.
  • Motion seat platforms support.
  • Triple-screen support.
  • Retail and commercial VR headset support: Oculus Rift, HTC Vive, Windows Mixed-Reality, OpenVR, and more.
  • Optional: ‘Command Station’ and events management software for tournaments.
  • Optional: Third-party apps support, venue management systems, telemetry software, cashless payments software, and more.
  • Optional: Custom UI branding and in-game trackside advertising.
  • Race weekend format.
  • Driver assists.
  • Race rules.
  • Weather, time-of-day, and all 4 seasons.
  • Standings and scoring.
  • And more…

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
So, It's PC2, With a dumb'ed down player UI, And a dumb'ed down Staff UI, And SMS have never really cared about the sim community, So I don't see them giving a monkeys about a load of drunk suits on a corporate team building exercise when it comes to force feedback and physics, They won't change a thing, It'll be a straight port.

The 'Project Cars Pro Feature' list looks to me personally like the almost perfect Sim, so I wonder if Reiza Studios have any input on the handling / physics side as SMS have nailed the graphics side on PCpro and PC3...if so these could be winners, and I personally would look forward to PC3 and AMS2.
In the Reiza interview, they mention that SMS try to recruit them, but they wanted to work on AMS2, so they had access to Mad engine to work with them.
Reiza = Handling FFB and Physics, SMS = God visuals VR and Livetrack.
Is a win for us.

I don't play the game PC2 anymore, just too many to play but I do remember when PC1 and 2 was coming out and seeing videos of Stephen Viljoen and Andy Tudor talking about the games, they have a gift of selling the game across on video. My opinion anyway. I wish for their success since Reiza is working with them for AMS2.

Terrible FFB aside, I thought a good portion of their tracks weren't even laser scanned. Are big businesses and teams going to drive a simulator without laser scan data?
who cares.
20 locations out of 52 are laser scanned.
Assetto Corsa originals are laser scanned except Zolder. i think that are 15. Many handmade mods
ACC has 10 laser scanned tracks.
etc.
So no current sim can totally fulfill the needs of a pro system

I always wondered —among the other things— why in Project Cars the moon is so big! :D
Because general public loves huge Moon/Sun in the sky in their landscape shots. I absolutely hate it is so, but that's how it works, and that's why the internet is overflowing with horribly unrealistic Photoshop hackjob "photos" with huge setting or rising Sun/Moon pasted into wide angle landscape shots.

(The huge Moon honestly bugs me a lot more than many other things PC2 gets criticized for ;) )

AMS2 will essentially be pC3 if Reiza can fix most pC2 flaws.
I think I read that Reiza are pursuing their own Sim content possibly based on AMS1 but using the Mad Engine (awesome news), and PC3 will be a continuation from PC2 but hopefully with some input from Reiza's FFB / Physics...so in the end I would think we would have to different Sims, PC3 with their content similar or greater to PC2 and AMS2 with similar or greater than content from Automobilista 1 ...either way I will be purchasing both:)...personal opinion only:D

Last edited:
Did ACC stoped the development already and anounced ACC2 ? No ? really ? Cause that remark of yours sure as hell sounds it has ?
No, the actions of the dev team did that all by themselves.
At release, PC2 had all of the content with a bunch of bugs.
ACC has a bunch of bugs, yet almost no content.
But hey. Here I am again speaking the truth and I know how upset this makes people.
So, please carry on and I'll stop commenting.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.