Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM CLUB
Track: Curitiba
Practice: 19:00 GMT (30 minutes)
Qualification: 19:30 GMT (10 minutes)
Warm-up: No Warm up
Race: 19:40 (2x25 minutes)
Password: click here

Signup List
To signup simply press the button below and chat away in the thread below :)
[signuplist]262[/signuplist]

Fun race. The Porsche is a handful, though -- lost it a few times and ended up in the sand twice.

I have a quick question on cautions. How should those be handled in these races? I assumed the deal was to slow down and not jockey for position until you are pasted the incident. Just wondering b/c I got passed a few times while slowing under yellow and trying to avoid the carnage in front of me (in one case, the passing car just barely squeezing between me and a spun car stopped in the middle of the track). Not a big deal, since this is just for fun, but just wanting to know if the general rule is to ignore yellow and keep on racing.

Well that was a bit of a debacle from my end

R1: Was happy to start second. Got a good start and got to the lead, held it for a couple of laps before making a mistake, dropping me back. Ended third which I was happy with

R2: Well this was a completely error from me. Got a blinder of a start, went from sixth to second before turn one. Unfortunately got a bit too excited with the start and tried to go up the inside into turn one, unfortunately there wasn't the room too which was completely my fault and I apologise hugely to the two I made contact with. Not a good look for me to portray of my driving, as usually I'm clean and don't do stupid things like that.

Anyway it was fun, but again I apologise for the start of race two, completely my fault.

Fun race. The Porsche is a handful, though -- lost it a few times and ended up in the sand twice.

I have a quick question on cautions. How should those be handled in these races? I assumed the deal was to slow down and not jockey for position until you are pasted the incident. Just wondering b/c I got passed a few times while slowing under yellow and trying to avoid the carnage in front of me (in one case, the passing car just barely squeezing between me and a spun car stopped in the middle of the track). Not a big deal, since this is just for fun, but just wanting to know if the general rule is to ignore yellow and keep on racing.

I also lost places under yellows. The rules say that all safety flags should be followed, so slow down under yellow and no overtaking. It is difficult to police however, and most people ignore this even though they shouldn't. It's definitely not sporting to overtake someone who slowed down for a yellow, and in a league I'd penalise it. For the club, slowing down seems to be what people need to do; if they don't and they make an incident worse, they could see themselves suspended. Sometimes it is a little chaotic with smoke and whatnot that places get traded even unintentionally; the main thing is to slow down.

Well, I had a good time! Yes, the Porsche was a handful, but still fun! And race 2 I finished 5th, not bad for me. Great track. Thank you all for racing!!

I also lost places under yellows. The rules say that all safety flags should be followed, so slow down under yellow and no overtaking. It is difficult to police however, and most people ignore this even though they shouldn't. It's definitely not sporting to overtake someone who slowed down for a yellow, and in a league I'd penalise it. For the club, slowing down seems to be what people need to do; if they don't and they make an incident worse, they could see themselves suspended. Sometimes it is a little chaotic with smoke and whatnot that places get traded even unintentionally; the main thing is to slow down.

Well, I had a good time! Yes, the Porsche was a handful, but still fun! And race 2 I finished 5th, not bad for me. Great track. Thank you all for racing!!

Thanks for the info. I'll continue slowing and hope that anyone behind me will do the same. Looking forward to the next one!

I thank ye gents for the event!

First race, with the Porsche, brought my very first RD Club victory! Yay me! After some quality racing during the early laps, I was gifted the lead. Then I managed to keep it under control, avoiding any bigger mistakes.

Second race with Ferrari was a total fiasco, however. Horrible start, then managed to understeer the car into the gravel pit on the first or second corner, against a car that was already there. Back in the track I caught Andrew who pressed the brake earlier than I expected before the tight right hand corner, rear wheels got locked under panic braking, which sent my car to the wall. Race over, lol.

Reactions: Nox
I thank ye gents for the event!

First race, with the Porsche, brought my very first RD Club victory! Yay me! After some quality racing during the early laps, I was gifted the lead. Then I managed to keep it under control, avoiding any bigger mistakes.

Second race with Ferrari was a total fiasco, however. Horrible start, then managed to understeer the car into the gravel pit on the first or second corner, against a car that was already there. Back in the track I caught Andrew who pressed the brake earlier than I expected before the tight right hand corner, rear wheels got locked under panic braking, which sent my car to the wall. Race over, lol.
Sorry, I was being careful at that corner. Didn't realise it put you off, I thought you'd just braked late. I wasn't going to defend very hard against you either :unsure:

Last week I tried to download this Mod and give it a shot and found it fun to drive so that I registered for the race which made the evening fun :laugh:

In the first race I stalled at green lights
005025.gif
and dropped back but was confident to stay with the front drivers and after few laps I grabbed them and had a three wide with @Jan Mikuž and @Jyri Kettunen at Carousel.....AMAZING
00036029.gif
but few turns later at Canada Corner I was bumped and went in the gravel but didnt have damage and restart my race with lots of battles with fast and clever drivers :thumbsup:............after climbing the field I found @Jyri Kettunen few secs ahead me and tried to push hard
00036019.gif
but it wasnt enough......well done Mate
00004045.gif

In the second race I drove 997 which was fun to drive although I think is 5 tenth slower than F430 :O_o:

Great fun guys
00039024.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back