Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM CLUB
Track: Curitiba
Practice: 19:00 GMT (30 minutes)
Qualification: 19:30 GMT (10 minutes)
Warm-up: No Warm up
Race: 19:40 (2x25 minutes)
Password: click here

Signup List
To signup simply press the button below and chat away in the thread below :)
[signuplist]262[/signuplist]

Thanks for organize this Andrew.
Those cars are so, so great. I just love it. :inlove:

From 3th on the grid I had a flyer start, also with some luck to not get involved in a accident, taking the lead and leading from start to finish to take a very nice Win.
Most of the fast guys around me had their share of problems, so that made it easier. My pace was quite good, but Wedsley was flying well above all of us, like 1sec faster per lap than me anyways.
Fortunately to me I was in a good state of mind, hitting my marks and getting my laptimes lap after lap after lap...and Wedsley kept making some little mistakes that cost him a lot of time.
In the end the consistency and cool head gave me the ultimate advantage, by just.

I hope RD can have more of those Saturday or even some Sunday big events with GSCE. :thumbsup:

Great event and fun, this car is demanding and comforting at once. I made the same mistake twice in a row ... exceed the speed limit in the pits due to lack of concentration :(, that brought two stop and go. Still finished fourth, very happy to have finished the race.

Congratulations to the podium and thanks for organizing these events. I want more !!!!

Wow great event and fun cars to drive:thumbsup: Easier than the Vees:whistling:
Had a good start, after the first chicane 3rd and at the end of lap1 2nd.
But in lap15 suddenly paddle problems :(, my gas pedal get stuck at 90%. So i pitted and dives under my desk to try to reset them. Lost about 40 sec. but the problem was still there:( I was 3sec of my pace per lap but kept going and finished 6th.
Video from the first 2 laps, the rest of the race was very lonely.:) These cars have great sounds.:thumbsup:
My prediction came out 12 finishers

Nice event maybe a bit on the to long side.
starting 13 I went for a conservative setup thinking I didn't have to make any pitstops
with in 2 laps I was on 6 position then it became a bit boring, around lap 32 I was in third position
the car was beginning to be a little to wavy and I had 38 sec to number 4 so I thought I will take that
10 sec pitstop I just forgot getting in and out also :rolleyes: takes time so James Bolton Blasted bye on my way out and one more don't remember who-so I finished 5th ,
looking forward to the next Retro event @Andrew James .

Stig Bidstrup

In the start I forgot to stick first :sleep: the car wasn´t moving jjjj despite all a clean start.
@Gabriel Sterr you suppose wrong ;), the wheels weren´t hot. and I was impetuous with gas, my fault, no problem. On that lap, @Jeff Lasecki avoided a car from the right and me from the left (180 km/h?), each as we can and with luck; a prelude of what was to come.
In next lap (lap 3) I was in the battle again,@Jörn Horbelt thanks for the setup :thumbsup: , I wasn´t the fastest but I could lap constant, how many more laps passed, I understood better the car , and I felt more comfortable with it, if I was wrong I was able to fix it without straying from the track almost every time. Near my little sim-heaven :O_o: :roflmao:
but the car in front of me suddenly turning right on full acceleration out of the curve and I found a car almost stopped (again), 150 km / h full throttle, just give me time to release the throttle and turn sharply before hitting still more sharply, sorry @Andrew James :( didn´t see any flag, only I suddenly saw a car in front of me...
I can´t imagine accidents like this one using the oculus :cool:
I got to take the car to the pits but that's another story :whistling:
Great combo, great sim.
See you on track!

Great event, had fun with these cars! Thx @Andrew James, liked the format of this event.
I should've/could've done better........(but that's racing!!). All was good until ....... I sneezed, drifted off track and watched half the grid go by! :confused: Came back on only to catch Andrew and watch him 'dance' from track to barrier within a heart beat! :O_o:
Pit stop(s) became my downfall, realised I didn't have speed showing, fiddled with keyboard and smacked the barrier!:whistling: Limped into the pits......only to get a penalty for speeding when leaving!!:rolleyes:
Returned to pits, but didn't take notice of the 'drive thru' hint, and stopped instead resulting in me having to again enter the pits for the DRIVE THRU!!!:geek:
Even though it became a lonely race towards the end, it was still enjoyable just having to control the car........ Here's to next time. :)

I am really pleased to see all the positive feedback. Thank you all! I'm taking this event as a success, and already planning a similar event, probably in the Lotus 49, but I won't run that until after the league otherwise there'll just be too much going on at once. So, look forward to November!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 140 66.7%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 93 44.3%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 98 46.7%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 38 18.1%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 58 27.6%
Back