Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM CLUB
Track: Curitiba
Practice: 19:00 GMT (30 minutes)
Qualification: 19:30 GMT (10 minutes)
Warm-up: No Warm up
Race: 19:40 (2x25 minutes)
Password: click here

Signup List
To signup simply press the button below and chat away in the thread below :)
[signuplist]262[/signuplist]

Well I had to bail race 2 as I had promised to pick up my younger brother so I had to run out and jump in the car and, believe it or not, actually decrease the amount of horsepower... I didn't think it was possible after driving these cars :D

I also managed to stall on the grid for race 1 so I caused a big problem for basically everyone, big apologies for that. Drove through the field to finish 6th in the end I think which wasn't too bad I suppose. Was interesting trying to follow people at times as some peoples' cars just seemed to snap around now and then. Race 2 on Saturday will certainly be interesting (if I make it in that is...)

I thought that track worked out very well for a short endurance event! I had only a couple of OOoooops moments, one taking too much time and near the end I had an off, a crash, caught out by my tires just before making a pitstop. Haven't the pit crew heard about duck tape? Why does it take them 71 seconds to replace a front bumper?

I thought that track worked out very well for a short endurance event! I had only a couple of OOoooops moments, one taking too much time and near the end I had an off, a crash, caught out by my tires just before making a pitstop. Haven't the pit crew heard about duck tape? Why does it take them 71 seconds to replace a front bumper?
Maybe they had trouble unsticking the end from the roll :)

Reactions: Nox
I've really enjoyed this race. Specially thanks to @JimNobbs as we were battling for many, many, laps in every turn. A very fair and clean battle trying not to ruin the other's race. It's a long race and it's better to wait and brake in time than being at 0.1 from the car in front.
I don´t know if some of you could do the race with one pitstop. I pitted twice and I'm not sure if the v8 can do 90' with 200 liters . I didn´t take the risk.
Dennis, I had some damage too, but I ordered the pit crew not to repair it, as the car was drivable and didn´t want to have a coffee while waiting these slow people to fix it.

See you next time

Hard to race when you a 7 year old constantly asking question leading to spin
Know that feeling. 6 year old twins for me. Hoping the next time a race start time is discussed it moves to more like 8pm in the UK but that does not work for all.

Enjoyed the race and I do like the longer races more. Chance to settle down into a rhythm. At one point @Dennis Phelan was letting me past and because of my worn ties I could not get through in the gap he made for me! After he generously did the same for the next two corners I managed to make my car stick to the road (just) but I think I ruined Dennis's rhythm as he had a spin shortly after.

Sorry Dennis!

@Genci Estebanez I tried the 1 stop and it did not work. Close but would have ran out about 3 to 5 mins from end of race.

Got to work on my pit stop strategy though. Gambled on 1 stop (car takes 100l fuel max and I calculated I needed 205l for the race (absolute minimum). I hoped that with a pit stop and the fact I would not be in the top runners I would make it. It didn't work. Decided to pit for a splash of fuel and fresh tires about 20mins before end. Unfortunately I did not realise that my fuel load settings meant that it filled the car to what I set the fuel level to rather than adding that amount of fuel to what I had.

So when I went in the pits asking for 5l of fuel it just said sorry can not remove fuel from the car! Doh! Had to leave the pits and go in again a few laps later. My 1 stop strategy turned into 4!

I need to find the setting that controls if the fuel setting is added to the fuel you have or just tops up to the level set.

*edit* found the setting. It is called "Relative Fuel Strategy" in the player.plr and needs to be set to 1 rather than 0 as mine was.

Last edited:
Guys i'm sorry i won't get my wheel set up in time i think, fiddled all day with it and now i can't get the ffb tool to work anymore.
I'll still be there if i find a fix in time but it doesn't look too bright for the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes