Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM CLUB
Track: Curitiba
Practice: 19:00 GMT (30 minutes)
Qualification: 19:30 GMT (10 minutes)
Warm-up: No Warm up
Race: 19:40 (2x25 minutes)
Password: click here

Signup List
To signup simply press the button below and chat away in the thread below :)
[signuplist]262[/signuplist]

Very sorry Herbert. I cut in a little too much. Not intended but I was struggling to keep track of where everyone was. Glad you managed to have some fun even though our bump cost you a good few places.

Sorry once again.

BTW it's Jim not John. Although there were a few John's in the race as well... maybe it was someone else who bumped you.... no it was definitely me :D

Bloody fun! :) Brilliant race. Congrats to @Jarek Kostowski for the win and @Christopher Vrettos too, you guys had some great pace! On our side, we had an epic battle for third all race long, with @Warren Schembri first, then with @Stig Bidstrup and @Yves Larose, @Nobkins right behind on the lookout. Door to door, bumper to bumper, wheel to wheel, so close! And all that being 100% fair. Thanks for that guys, thoroughly enjoyed it. :thumbsup: I didn't see those 40 minutes go by! :geek:

Apologies to those behind me but for some reason the game froze on me with major stuttering and everything returned back to normal there were cars all around me. Hopefully I didn't cause any damage to anyone.
I did notice a massive lag too, probabaly the server's fault then, because all the cars disappeared and then went back to normal until the end. No problem even though I was right behind you.

12524-1440187308-c35bb0b7c1b3ba01b0dd99da3e2efde7.jpg
Here is a snapshot of our battle guys! See you next, thanks for such events @Dennis Phelan! ;)

@Lars Hansen
@Nobkins
@Mondyrocks
@John Grant
@Rudolph Maré
@Jyscalus
@xnorb
@Kevin Bradley
@Christopher Vrettos
Sorry, I don't know how many of you are really new to SCE, just wanted to point out that for online racing the addition of Virtual Mirrors is a big enhancement. This is an in game feature that allows Approximately 180 degrees of view across the rear of the car. The other choice you can make is to eliminate car parts from being shown in the mirrors, nice in open wheelers.

Thanks to Patrick Giranthon
from the GSCE Forum
-----------------------------------------------------------
*I want to put the virtual mirrors
Press the key "3" of your keyboard.
If it doesn't work, exit the game and open your prl file with notepad++ (right click) located in C:\GSC2013\UserData\YOURNAME
Find the line 184 and correct it like this : Rearview="1". Then back to game and press 3. You can do cycles.

*I see vehicule parts in the rearview mirror
Edit your prl file with notepad++ (right click) located in C:\GSC2013\UserData\YOURNAME
Find the line 201 and correct it like this : Self In Cockpit Rearview="0"

Last edited:
I don't want virtual mirrors, i feel like that's like using 3rd person cam.
Unless the Rift is released and Reiza supports it, you guys will have to cope with me popping up in your windows :D
(or somebody can tell me how i can alter how much my guy looks left and right)

Thanks for the tip @Dennis Phelan - I will certainly check that out.

It was my first online race with Stock Car Extreme tonight. What's immediately obvious is the added amount of lift-off oversteer these minis generate compared to the Race 07 version. The race tonight definitely helped me get used to the way these cars drive and they are awesome :D

All in all, very fun tonight. A few good battles down the field with Rudolph, Lars and also with Herbert coming back through the field for a few laps until he forced me into a small error on the fast right hander round the back of the circuit.

Great enjoyment - will see you all again very soon for more RD Club action :thumbsup:

I don't want virtual mirrors, i feel like that's like using 3rd person cam.
Unless the Rift is released and Reiza supports it, you guys will have to cope with me popping up in your windows :D
(or somebody can tell me how i can alter how much my guy looks left and right)

Not that I disagree with you re. the 3rd person cam feeling, but the screen you're looking at can only show so much even with increased FOV.
In real life, you'd have a much larger FOV, plus peripheral vision that is very good at picking up movement. Driving like we do isn't unlike driving with blinders on in real-life. :laugh:
So virtual mirrors is a good idea, if for no other reason than you can avoid accidentally ruining someone elses race by pulling out in front of him. :)

But you can also adjust the angle your guy looks at.
Go to your .plr file and look for this line:
Glance Angle="0.75000" // Angle to look left/right (yaw) w/ controller in radians (= degrees / 57)

Might have a go at this. Not sure if I will be able to make it two nights in a row. Would like to have a little bit longer race so that pit stops can become part of the strategy but I am sure there are plenty who like the shorter races :D

Not sure if there's interest in this sort of thing, but for those who want, here's a vid of the glorious battle for P10.
I don't have the hardware to render in HD, so the quality is a little.....meh.
Anyway, the action picks up at the start of lap 7, and we have (in no particular order) myself in the #55 car, Ivan in the #70, Rudolph in the #3, Kevin in the #33, and Sven-Arne in the other #55.
(There's even a brief glimpse of Dennis up ahead in the distance from time to time :D )

EDIT: Re-did the video in better quality.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back