1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

EU V8 Stock Cars 2014 @ Zolder Historic, Friday, 14 August 2015

Discussion in 'Automobilista Racing Club & Leagues' started by Dennis Phelan, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

V8-2014.jpg
    Cars: V8 Stock Cars 2014
    Track: Zolder Historic (Download here)

Practice: 18:00 GMT
    Quali: 18:15 GMT (15 minutes)
    Warm-up: 18:30 GMT (5 minutes)
    Race: 18:35 GMT (90 minutes)
    90 minutes means you won't win the race on lap 1, so please drive safely and respect others on track.

Tyre Wear & Fuel Consumption: Normal
    Time Scale: x1

Server password: click here
    Racing rules: click here

Let's fill up the grid! You can ask other drivers to practice or race with you by using the tag function of the forum. Just type an @ directly followed by the user name and this person will receive a notification.

Our racing clubs are foremost meant to gain online experience so please help other drivers out when they have questions about the event, the car, the track, the setup or a combination. This is not a league race, it's for some fun, so please join us on TeamSpeak and build a little community spirit!

Example of track limits for a track.

This race is for premium members only. For information on how we run our clubs, see here. You can upgrade your account here.
    1. Craig Patteson
    2. Charles Baccio
    3. Gregory Boundy
    4. Reik Major
    5. Michael Klein
    6. Rudolph Maré
    7. Lorenzo Bonder
    8. Lars Hansen
    9. James Nobbs
    10. Yves Larose
    11. James Grant
    12. Driver
    13. Driver
    14. Driver
    15. Driver
    16. Driver
    17. Driver
    18. Driver
    19. Driver
    20. Driver
    21. Driver
    22. Driver
    23. Driver
    24. Driver
    25. Driver

Last edited: Aug 14, 2015
  2. Craig Patteson

Craig Patteson
    Natural Born Racer XB1 Gamertag RIPDazza8405 Premium Member

Sign me up :)

3. Chark

Chark
    Premium Member

A long race with the V8s! :) In, please.

4. Enzo Fazzi

Enzo Fazzi
    Always sideways Premium Member

Yessurrr!

5. Gringo

Gringo
    Premium Member

Sign me up for R1... R2 :rolleyes:

:cool:

Last edited: Aug 11, 2015
  6. Enzo Fazzi

Enzo Fazzi
    Always sideways Premium Member

There's only one, 90 minute race. :)

Also, sign me out!

7. Reik Major

Reik Major
    Premium Member

If I can get some private things solved I'll sign up for this. Should know better tomorrow.

Just a question about race length:
    Are such long races requested by a majority? Don't get me wrong. I can handle the distance and it's a big challenge to go for. But I'm afraid it's hindering more drivers from signing up instead of encouraging them...

8. Chark

Chark
    Premium Member

That's a fair point. Personally, I like long races. And I know a few others do too. Are we a majority? I couldn't tell, but probabaly not. On the other hand, the SCE club is always about two twenty minutes races. So, a little bit of change once in a while is good too! In the end, these "endurance" events are not planned often (comapred to the regular events), and its exceptionnal character usually gives quite a lot of sign ups, like the Queensland's race we had a few months ago.

Also, I know the rFactor 2 club is giving the SCE club a hard time since they run the GT3s, quite popular cars, on the very same evening.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Reik Major

Reik Major
    Premium Member

Thanks for this deeper look, mate. :thumbsup: You're right - it's not always about a majority. ;)

As I said: If I can get my time schedule sorted, I'll sign up asap. :)

• Like Like x 2
  10. Reik Major

Reik Major
    Premium Member

Finally got things sorted - Sign me up please! ;)

11. led00m

led00m
    Sim racer, kart racer and an academic

Hi guys, sign me up please :)

12. Please sign me up.

13. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Your server is up.jpg

14. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Tired of sprint races and hotlapping? Here's an answer to that. True, if you make a bad move early in the race there's a good chance the experience won't be fun. Learning to go fast is just one attribute a good racer must have. Long races bring out some of that other "stuff" and you probably need it. There are still plenty of slots available for this event which features an easy to learn and drive track and a great driving car, please join us!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Lorenzo Bonder

Lorenzo Bonder
    #forçaChape Staff

Lets go v8iinnnnn

• Like Like x 2
  16. Lars Hansen

Lars Hansen
    RDs Ion-Engine....0-60 in six days. Staff Premium Member

Put me down as a maybe.
    Not sure I'll get time to practice much.
    So I'll turn up for the practice session to see what kind of pace I got, and we'll take it from there.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Reik Major

Reik Major
    Premium Member

Don't worry. The race is long enough to learn everything. :whistling:

I have never driven this track so far and will only have 30 mins practice beforet the event starts but I'm confident it will become a very nice one.

BTW, is there any way to adjust pit presets further than only fuel strategie (like in Race07)? I'd like to have repairs disabled as long as I manually activate it. I think otherwise they're automatically enabled once you have a chrash (or a small contact), right?

18. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

I think repairs are mandatory for safety reasons but you can decide if you want tires changed or not. Changes can be made while on the grid(prior to the start), while driving or when on pit road before entering your box. I don't know if they can be changed in a warmup session and stay changed. Of course, you do have to have buttons set to make the changes.

I have no ides how much time is spent on fueling or tire changes, I think I've only made two or three pitstops so far for other than a repair which seems to go quickly. I plan on practicing a few early today.

• Like Like x 1
  19. EireGreen™

EireGreen™
    Premium Member

I´m in.

• Like Like x 1
  20. led00m

led00m
    Sim racer, kart racer and an academic

Going to have to drop out I think, not sure if i'll make it home in time from work! Sorry :(