Automobilista 2 | New Update Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios have deployed yet another new update for their Automobilista 2 racing simulation - adding plenty of nice improvements and fixes on their journey towards V1.0 release status.

In this latest build release, Reiza Studios have looked to address a few of the issues that cropped up post 0.9.6.1, as well as continuing the planned developments ahead of the simulation moving away from Early Access. Notable changes for this latest build include limited wiper animations for a number of cars, and some visual changes to the trackside signage on the circuits used throughout the Brazilian StockCar Series.

V0.9.7.0 Update Notes:

GENERAL

• Added custom pit speed limits per series regulations; baseline is 60km/h for national & club series, 100km/h for modern Formulas, 250 km/h for Historical content
  • Corrected series / class grouping and grouping within series so different models are sorted in the grid (when series feature cars of different classes) or randomized (when they are of the same class)
  • Disabled visual ghost effect in pit lane and pit exit

UI & HUD
  • Fixed vehicle info for F-Classic G3M1, G3M3, MRX

PHYSICS
  • Revised adhesive friction curve with velocity for all tyres
  • Reduced wheel contact factor (reduces chances of "exploding" collisions with wheel-to-wheel contact)
  • Fixed minor tread width innacuracies in F-Classic, F-Trainer tyres
  • Further areo revisions to MRX, F-3, F-V12, Ultima GTR (Road)
  • Further car-specific FFB fine tuning (max force, smoothing, scrub radius)
  • Further engine inertia revisions

AI
  • Reduced AI front buffer distances (AI is slightly less tentative when a pack of cars is ahead)
  • Reduced AI lifting off the throttle over puddles
  • Reduced wall check function (AI is less tentative when driving close to walls)
  • Reduced ranges for AI drivers inconsistency & performance loss from stamina over longer races
  • Adjust AI steer smoothing to improve pitlane mobility
  • Adjusted AI Grip multipliers for Velopark, Adelaide, Azure, Montreal, Londrina

AUDIO
  • Fixed AI engine sound position being on wrong side for seevral all cars.
  • Added dedicated sound effect for grasscrete material
  • Fixed odd ducking of sounds over curbs, lessened crackling on tyre sound effects
  • Improved sound in stereo mode
  • Replay onboard engine audio properly positioned.
  • Starting sound correctly positioned

TRACKS
  • Added Stock Car series trackside advertising for tracks in the 2019/2020 calendar

VEHICLES
  • Added wiper animations for Ultima GTR, Stock Car V8, Super V8, Sprint Race, Caterham Academy, Lancer Cup (WIP)
  • Fixed driver animation for F-Trainer
  • F-Reiza: Fixed bug restricting field to a single livery

Notes from the developers:

Another housekeeping update with Automobilista 2 now hitting v0.9.7.0, ticking off some more remaining must-haves for official release and rectifying a couple of errors from v0.9.6.1 released earlier in the week.

There are a couple of WIP developments in this build to take note of - while several cars now have working wipers, several others still don´t and the wiper animations does not yet quite match the water being wiped from the windscreen. This is just a result of the work here not being quite finished as of v0.9.7.0, all cars will feature fully functioning wipers in time for v1.0 release.

Another unfinished development is the placing of actual sponsors for the trackside advertising - only the ones in the Brazilian Stock Car calendar have received these updates so far, with all other tracks still to be updated with proper trackside ads for V1.0 release.

Original Source: Reiza Studios.

Automobilista 2 is available now on Steam Early Access.

Want advice on getting the best from AMS2? Start a thread in the Automobilista 2 sub forum and ask our community!

AMS 2 Update Notes.jpg

Last edited:
I haven't heard much about shifting animations being fixed for V1.0, has anyone?
They are working through these quality of life improvements now - lot of cars have new driver models, animated wipers, suspension etc. Whether all cars will ready for 1.0 remains to be seen. These things are on the nice to have list rather than the priority essential list I would have thought.

Not to take anything away from REIZA but its 3 years later so how much did SMS learn since then? It may just be a case of yes Reiza is doing a great job but SMS also learned a lot since then which helped them. I guess we will see when PCARS3 comes out...
I think it will be Reiza's work in AMS 2 that will help SMS with pC3! It looks like Reiza got a fairly early Madness engine build going by the very first builds build number, it matched a early version of pC2 not even an advanced version!

Remember the days of GSCE and AMS1 where everybody was begging for VR support?

I just want to congratulate Reiza because the VR in AMS2 is fantastic! It was great from the very first day of early release. While other titles still struggle with VR implementation, Reiza nailed it! :thumbsup:

Even though I would consider the release at v1.0 to be the definitive AMS2, I personally feel the best is yet to come from Reiza's AMS2 after the V1.0 release, especially in the coming months / years of continued development with fine tuning of the engine, new content etc, so I will not be disappointed at all if V1.0 is not quite there yet on release because it will be later on :inlove::thumbsup:;):cool:...The 'Sim Racing Gods' have arrived.

Last edited:
Even though I would consider the release at v1.0 to be the definitive AMS2, I personally feel the best is yet to come from Reiza's AMS2 after the V1.0 release, especially in the coming months / years of continued development with fine tuning of the engine, new content etc, so I will not be disappointed at all if V1.0 is not quite there yet on release because it will be later on :inlove::thumbsup:;):cool:...The 'Sim Racing Gods' have arrived.
I am more concerned for new people coming in at 1.0 that don’t know Reiza’s track record. Just look at the knee jerk reaction most people had at the start of EA. There is a lot of little things that people will focus on trying to disparage the game.

I wish it weren’t like this but is the state of things right now.

I am more concerned for new people coming in at 1.0 that don’t know Reiza’s track record.

Their track record shouldn't matter. If someone finds problems with v1.0, the fact that it's made by Reiza is irrelevant other than to hope that things may subsequently be fixed a little quicker. Being a Reiza product doesn't automatically guarantee perfection - EA has proven this.

Just look at the knee jerk reaction most people a minority of the vocal minority had at the start of EA.
Fixed. Even the vocal minority which make up most forum posters have actually been pretty supportive and complimentary throughout EA. Only a relatively small number have displayed knee-jerk reactions, at least on RD and the official forums.

Being a Reiza product doesn't automatically guarantee perfection - EA has proven this.
EA is proof of nothing, since such a product is buggy and incomplete by it's very nature. AMS 1 was not the great sim it is now on it's initial release either. Reiza's rep is not based on releasing perfect products, it's based on taking their sims to a very high level over their lifespan with constant updates.

Fixed. Even the vocal minority which make up most forum posters have actually been pretty supportive and complimentary throughout EA. Only a relatively small number have displayed knee-jerk reactions, at least on RD and the official forums.

Fair, but who's to say how many potential users those few scared away with their loud voices? Point being, the less ammunition the vocal minority have to work with, but better for Reiza financially.

Fair, but who's to say how many potential users those few scared away with their loud voices? Point being, the less ammunition the vocal minority have to work with, but better for Reiza financially.

Especially with moronic thread titles such as "FFB rubbish or just like PC2" (or whatever it was) that seemed to hang around for ever, despite numerous people requesting the thread title to be changed. That is the sort of thing that puts off potential customers.

That's exactly how it was with ACC. Sometimes this community gets into pitchfork mode and sets out to burn everything it can find. It doesn't help that Gamer Muscle, one of the more well known Youtubers in this space, trashed ACC since the beginning even though anyone with any sense could see that it was going to be something pretty special. People love to smash things - it's beyond me, but there you go...

AMS2 though shouldn't be contentious.. it's great, and just really fun.. what's not to like?

People love to smash things - it's beyond me, but there you go...
People will always post negatively about things they don't personally like. For example, you think ACC is "pretty special", whereas I do not. It's just a matter of opinion, and nobody is right or wrong.

The problem isn't that people post negative opinions, because those are required for balance in any discussion. The problem is that far too many people these days are willing to latch onto one person's opinion, adopt it as their own with no experience, and then post it themselves. People don't bother to do proper research anymore, looking for both sides of the argument. Mr Popular posts on his YouTube channel and that's it... the vocal minority take his opinion as gospel.

I mean, how often has someone posted an amateur YT video review in this very forum as some kind of "proof" that AMS 2 is good or bad? It's an opinion, not fact! It's proof of nothing.

So it's the way people digest opinions that is the issue, not the opinions themselves.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 19 24.1%
  • More leagues

Votes: 18 22.8%
  • Prizes

Votes: 16 20.3%
  • Trophies

Votes: 9 11.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 5 6.3%