Automobilista 2 | New Update Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios have deployed yet another new update for their Automobilista 2 racing simulation - adding plenty of nice improvements and fixes on their journey towards V1.0 release status.

In this latest build release, Reiza Studios have looked to address a few of the issues that cropped up post 0.9.6.1, as well as continuing the planned developments ahead of the simulation moving away from Early Access. Notable changes for this latest build include limited wiper animations for a number of cars, and some visual changes to the trackside signage on the circuits used throughout the Brazilian StockCar Series.

V0.9.7.0 Update Notes:

GENERAL

• Added custom pit speed limits per series regulations; baseline is 60km/h for national & club series, 100km/h for modern Formulas, 250 km/h for Historical content
  • Corrected series / class grouping and grouping within series so different models are sorted in the grid (when series feature cars of different classes) or randomized (when they are of the same class)
  • Disabled visual ghost effect in pit lane and pit exit

UI & HUD
  • Fixed vehicle info for F-Classic G3M1, G3M3, MRX

PHYSICS
  • Revised adhesive friction curve with velocity for all tyres
  • Reduced wheel contact factor (reduces chances of "exploding" collisions with wheel-to-wheel contact)
  • Fixed minor tread width innacuracies in F-Classic, F-Trainer tyres
  • Further areo revisions to MRX, F-3, F-V12, Ultima GTR (Road)
  • Further car-specific FFB fine tuning (max force, smoothing, scrub radius)
  • Further engine inertia revisions

AI
  • Reduced AI front buffer distances (AI is slightly less tentative when a pack of cars is ahead)
  • Reduced AI lifting off the throttle over puddles
  • Reduced wall check function (AI is less tentative when driving close to walls)
  • Reduced ranges for AI drivers inconsistency & performance loss from stamina over longer races
  • Adjust AI steer smoothing to improve pitlane mobility
  • Adjusted AI Grip multipliers for Velopark, Adelaide, Azure, Montreal, Londrina

AUDIO
  • Fixed AI engine sound position being on wrong side for seevral all cars.
  • Added dedicated sound effect for grasscrete material
  • Fixed odd ducking of sounds over curbs, lessened crackling on tyre sound effects
  • Improved sound in stereo mode
  • Replay onboard engine audio properly positioned.
  • Starting sound correctly positioned

TRACKS
  • Added Stock Car series trackside advertising for tracks in the 2019/2020 calendar

VEHICLES
  • Added wiper animations for Ultima GTR, Stock Car V8, Super V8, Sprint Race, Caterham Academy, Lancer Cup (WIP)
  • Fixed driver animation for F-Trainer
  • F-Reiza: Fixed bug restricting field to a single livery

Notes from the developers:

Another housekeeping update with Automobilista 2 now hitting v0.9.7.0, ticking off some more remaining must-haves for official release and rectifying a couple of errors from v0.9.6.1 released earlier in the week.

There are a couple of WIP developments in this build to take note of - while several cars now have working wipers, several others still don´t and the wiper animations does not yet quite match the water being wiped from the windscreen. This is just a result of the work here not being quite finished as of v0.9.7.0, all cars will feature fully functioning wipers in time for v1.0 release.

Another unfinished development is the placing of actual sponsors for the trackside advertising - only the ones in the Brazilian Stock Car calendar have received these updates so far, with all other tracks still to be updated with proper trackside ads for V1.0 release.

Original Source: Reiza Studios.

Automobilista 2 is available now on Steam Early Access.

Want advice on getting the best from AMS2? Start a thread in the Automobilista 2 sub forum and ask our community!

AMS 2 Update Notes.jpg

Last edited:
I wasn't expecting this much effort lately before v1.0. Fantastic work, guys. This Sim will be awsome!

Wipers action finally (though not completely perfect yet)! Yeah, baby, yeah! I love watching wipers going on in the rain.

And more AI fixes. Lots of details still to be taken care of with these artificial guys...

PHYSICS
Seems overdone on the MCR2000, but people complaining about a lack of tire character are going to be happy. As rarely as I drive Formula Reiza, it felt pretty good on that car.

AI
  • Reduced AI front buffer distances (AI is slightly less tentative when a pack of cars is ahead)
  • Reduced AI lifting off the throttle over puddles
  • Reduced wall check function (AI is less tentative when driving close to walls)
  • Reduced ranges for AI drivers inconsistency & performance loss from stamina over longer races
  • Adjust AI steer smoothing to improve pitlane mobility
Really liking the results. The only weird moment was when I saw AI cars bouncing into the air & heading into the grass on a standing start; it turned out that a slow car was gridded ahead of a faster car and the slow car was rear-ended, so totally understandable.

ams2 finally reached the ZEN regarding ffb feel. to me it is absolutely spot on now.
the only thing I still don't like of ams2, is how much forgiving - under any circumstance, and any car - the sim is. now, I know that to better simulate the real behaviour of cars, sims should generally be easier than they usually are, but in my opinion AMS2 is one of the most easy sims to drive, if not the most.
if Reiza will manage to set on the same level the ffb and the physic of AMS2, it will become the absolute king.

ams2 finally reached the ZEN regarding ffb feel. to me it is absolutely spot on now.
the only thing I still don't like of ams2, is how much forgiving - under any circumstance, and any car - the sim is. now, I know that to better simulate the real behaviour of cars, sims should generally be easier than they usually are, but in my opinion AMS2 is one of the most easy sims to drive, if not the most.
if Reiza will manage to set on the same level the ffb and the physic of AMS2, it will become the absolute king.
Well, I guess it depends on driver taste. I took the Formula Reiza today for a spin, for the first time since I downloaded AMS2, and it was a spinfest! AI struggled getting out of the way and not hitting my car :p

PHYSICS
Seems overdone on the MCR2000, but people complaining about a lack of tire character are going to be happy. As rarely as I drive Formula Reiza, it felt pretty good on that car.

I just did a few laps around Spielberg 74 on the MCR2000 to test and it feels great. Not sure what you mean.

Dear me this is a sweet drive.. just purchased and installed...

It's weird how some sims are just moe 'fun' than others.... while I love iRacing for it's many fabulous qualitites.. sometimes it's just a very frustraing experience and the tyre model (for me) still has a way to go..

AMS 2 is just driving bliss.... man where did these sprint cars come from... don't think i've ever enjoyed a sim so much on first drive...

Hiopefully the modding community will come to lif and we can get some decent skin packs up and running.. would love to do the caterham's again and maybe the sprint cars and ultimas!

Where's @Rob Fitness up to on the V8's??!!! :whistling:;)

for those that haven't yet tried it... get onto it!

Dear me this is a sweet drive.. just purchased and installed...

It's weird how some sims are just moe 'fun' than others.... while I love iRacing for it's many fabulous qualitites.. sometimes it's just a very frustraing experience and the tyre model (for me) still has a way to go..

AMS 2 is just driving bliss.... man where did these sprint cars come from... don't think i've ever enjoyed a sim so much on first drive...

Hiopefully the modding community will come to lif and we can get some decent skin packs up and running.. would love to do the caterham's again and maybe the sprint cars and ultimas!

Where's @Rob Fitness up to on the V8's??!!! :whistling:;)

for those that haven't yet tried it... get onto it!
There is already a great set of skins with a growing field for the Super V8 cars.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 85 19.4%
  • €151-500

Votes: 119 27.2%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 72 16.4%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 38 8.7%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 43 9.8%
  • €3001-5000