Automobilista 2 | New Update, Loads Of Content Now Available

Avo77

250RPM
Dec 5, 2013
Ok this is weird. Can't break traction and do a donut in a rear wheel drive, v powerful car with all assists off (porsche) and cant lock brakes in a straight line at all in Mclrean, like the abs is permanent. Am i missing something here?
No, it's how a GT3 should drive for Reiza.
I know, it's absurd, but there are even other people liking it...

tlsmikey

500RPM
Feb 24, 2016
Ok this is weird. Can't break traction and do a donut in a rear wheel drive, v powerful car with all assists off (porsche) and cant lock brakes in a straight line at all in Mclrean, like the abs is permanent. Am i missing something here?
No it’s not you. The cup car is basically unspinnable. I’m a beta tester and noted this but they basically said that a lot of users don’t know how these cars should handle and it sounded like they were happy with the current physics.

I’m sure some of the less hardcore sim folks will love it for how easy it is to drive but I’m disappointed in the realism in a lot of ways.

ATSSHD

250RPM
Apr 18, 2017

Not a camera issue.

The Cayman is even worse.

P.S.
With the same idiotic steering and throttle inputs the car would spin out ten times IRL...
I made the Cayman GT4 roll at the Schumacher S lol. It's really bouncy.

• Love
Reactions: Avo77

Avo77

250RPM
Dec 5, 2013
No it’s not you. The cup car is basically unspinnable. I’m a beta tester and noted this but they basically said that a lot of devs don’t know how these cars should handle and it sounded like they were happy with the current physics.

I’m sure some of the less hardcore sim folks will love it for how easy it is to drive but I’m disappointed in the realism in a lot of ways.
Rephrased for fun... :roflmao:

• Sad
Reactions: GagarynGaribaldi

Avo77

250RPM
Dec 5, 2013
Several new cars exhibiting a pogo-like effect that makes them borderline undrivable unless you're a masochist. Not sure how this got past the beta crew since you can experience it in just a few turns. Should have been delayed.
Easy to explain.
Devs are not listening beta testers...

Last edited:
Reactions: WMWoodMan

Blamer

250RPM
Sep 8, 2014
I agree with what one person said...PLEASE FIX THE CAMERA BOUNCE IN VR. I get motions sickness quicker with this game (...)
this!
I still can't drive more than 20 minutes without having to stop because of nausea. I can play any other driving games for hours long.

No matter how I set that slider it makes me feel sick even on the straights (!!!)

Last edited:

Avo77

250RPM
Dec 5, 2013
Unfortunately there wasn't really a beta for these cars, we only got to try them a day before release, not really sure what the point of that is when there's a huge beta user base atm.
True for the Cayman, but we spotted the same issue immediately also for the other cars.
They even said it was fixed.

BTW, no big issue, but it's fun to see people liking it.
It's a nice indicator of the average level of simracers... :D

• Haha
Reactions: fatal and PartyPePe

Blamer

250RPM
Sep 8, 2014
True for the Cayman, but we spotted the same issue immediately also for the other cars.
They even said it was fixed.

BTW, no big issue, but it's fun to see people liking it.
It's a nice indicator of the average level of simracers... :D
and what is your level?

Reactions: nangu and 2stains

Gordie Gunn

100RPM
Premium
Sep 16, 2017
No it’s not you. The cup car is basically unspinnable. I’m a beta tester and noted this but they basically said that a lot of users don’t know how these cars should handle and it sounded like they were happy with the current physics.

The Cup cars are tragic, such a disappointment

"they basically said that a lot of users don’t know how these cars should handle" - If that's true it's even more tragic :(

Last edited:

Goffik

RMG Motorsports
Staff
Premium
Sep 28, 2009
but Where is BMW???
Delayed, like Nordschleife. It's not the end of the world.

Unfortunately there wasn't really a beta for these cars, we only got to try them a day before release, not really sure what the point of that is when there's a huge beta user base atm.
This can be put down to the community as much as it's down to Reiza. Just look at the threads about this patch over the last couple of days, with people demanding it's release and getting all angry because it was delayed for a day. Those with beta access only got it the day before release because that's when it was ready. To give those guys longer would have meant, Heaven forbid... delaying the patch and risking the fury of the entitled vocal minority. :confused:

Anyway, I've tried the new stuff and have to agree with others in this thread. The new cars are mostly underwhelming, in my opinion. The Porsche sounds are not great... they sound muffled, like I'm listening to them through a pair of earmuffs. The GT4 McLaren sounds like it's drawing it's air directly from the cockpit.

Handling-wise... I don't know. I had fun throwing the GT3s around the Nurb, but that doesn't mean they felt "right". I try not to directly compare sims too much, since I have no idea which ones have it "right" and which ones have it "wrong", since I've never driven any of these cars for real. But the GT3s just feel a bit off in AMS 2 to me.

As for the new FFB... yes it's better, no I still don't think it's anything like as good as the custom profiles. The custom profile I was using clearly doesn't work properly after that patch... yet it still feels better than the default FFB. :O_o:

Oh well, I'll give them some more time later and see if my opinion improves.

It's a nice indicator of the average level of simracers...
Please don't start labelling people based on their personal opinions. You know and I know that it'll just get people's backs up and result in an argument.

Avo77

250RPM
Dec 5, 2013
Please don't start labelling people based on their personal opinions. You know and I know that it'll just get people's backs up and result in an argument.
Yeah, sorry, bad day here and just having a bit of fun. ;)