Automobilista 2 | New Update, Loads Of Content Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios have released their much anticipated new 'landmark' Automobilista 2 game update - including a whole heap of new content for the simulation.

Yes it's here folks - the new build release of Automobilista 2 and some nice new free and paid content for good measure. We've got GT3 and GT4 cars from the likes of Mercedes, Porsche, McLaren and Chevrolet, the German Nurburgring circuit in different configurations, some fresh updates to the force feedback of the game, AI improvements and a load more goodies - certainly marking this one out as a key new update in the development of Automobilista 2 since it left Early Access.

Before we move on to the update notes, be sure to check out a couple of key messages from Reiza about this build:

Release Promo - Temporary free access to the Nurburgring track!

With the Nordschleife and 24h layouts not quite ready for this release, we have elected to temporarily offer the other modern Nurburgring layouts FREE to all users until the long layouts are added to the package at some point next week.

Please be advised that upon the addition of the Nordschleife & 24h layouts, all Nurburgring versions will revert to being available only for owners of the DLC or packages that include it.

Updated Force Feedback

This update adds fresh Force Feedback developments, the most significant being:

- Damping now adjustable via in-game FFB menu *
- Enhanced tyre flatspots **
- Enhanced feedback during braking
- Enhanced road feel (adjustable via FX slider) ***
- Improved scrub effect (adjustable via FX slider)
- Effectively eliminated FFB "deadzone" around center in some cars
- Improved gyro moment accuracy
- Now using SETA patch offset/deformation for mechanical trail (much more "organic" feel on edge of grip)
- Tyre temperature and pressure will affect feedback
- More distinctive oversteer / understeer feedback

* We recommend using damping in game vs on wheel setting. Damping in game scales with vehicle, so roughly same level for all cars. On wheel / driver damping doesn't scale with wheel gain, so if you have gain too low, damping will overwhelm FFB signal.

** flatspots are currently presented in "raw" form. Given tire is split into many small patches, you will receive "impulses" as there are "flat patches" on tire. It depends on amount of wear on individual patch. Hence the note "raw signal".

*** Road feel is based on physical surface mesh roughness / bumps - which on real vehicles would be "fed back" to the driver via vibration "travelling" thru chassis and as a result will be felt on steering rim especially cars and race cars that have racks bolted directly to chassis, without any sort of insulating "rubber mounts" - take note this would only "vibrate", not "move" wheel rim left-right. Given our gaming controllers are effectievly "1DOF" device - ie. able to move only left or right, we are shaping this vibration such that it can be felt on them too.

IMPORTANT: Custom Force Feedback profiles may be affected by code changes to the FFB system and not work as before the update. If you find that is the case consider sticking to the default profile until the author of the custom alternative updates his version.

Update Notes;

CONTENT
  • Added GT3 series (currently featuring 2015 Mercedes-AMG GT3 & 2016 Porsche 911 GT3 R & 2019 Mclaren 720S GT3)
  • Added GT4 series (currently featuring 2018 Mclaren 570S GT4, 2017 Camaro GT4-R & 2016 Porsche GT4 Cayman Clubsport)
  • Added 2020 Porsche Carrera Cup Brasil (featuring Porsche GT3 Cup 3.8 & 4.0)
  • Added Nurburgring Track (GP, Veedol & Sprint layouts - DLC TRACK, FREE TO ALL USERS FOR A LIMITED TIME

GENERAL
  • Added support for overriding default liveries with user liveries (more info for this soon)
  • Updated Force Feedback system & Added Damping slider to FFB menu
  • Championship mode: Adjusted Stock Car championship rules to better match real regulations ( refuelling permitted in pitstops; use formation+rolling start; added mandatory pitstop; increased minimum race to to 15 mins to allow AI sensible pitting options

UI & HUD
  • Added support for additional UI track filters
  • Fixed incorrect label on FOV options tab when in unselected state
  • Disabled 'Reset to defaults' button in main setup screen when fixed setups are used
  • Fixed RR compound decrease button altering wrong value
  • Further reduced opacity of disabled menu options on in-game screens
  • Fixed incorrect current lap in displayed on HUD when rolling start used
  • Gaps now shown in laps rather than time for lapped vehicles on weekend results
  • Added lobby detail page to multiplayer browser
  • Extended MP player interaction dialog to include Vote To Kick
  • Allowed Player interaction dialog acces to all users (previously host only)
  • Updated all in-game leaderboards to allow access to Player interaction dialog (left click / Joypad X)
  • Fixed player name clipping on in-game MP leaderboards

PHYSICS
  • Revised tyre treads in GT, Prototypes, Stock Cars, Super V8 for more longitudinal slip & improved force combining
  • Slight reduction to parking force FFB (all cars)
  • Fixed missing autolift function in Mini gearbox
  • Adjusted Max force for MRX (all variants)
  • Reduced default viscous lock & preload baseline in cars in LSD diffs
  • Slightly increased speed sensitivity in road tyre tread (60s Classics, F-Vee, Copa Fusca & Uno)
  • Slightly further reducing lock per clutch in LSD differentials
  • Corrected rev range error in Group A engines
  • Adjusted default gear ratios for Group A
  • Adjusted F-Ultimate sidewall stiffness

AI
  • Scaled the pit exit speed by the outlap slowdown factor (this prevents the AI going offroad after leaving the pits in Taruma)
  • Adjusted AI code to minimise weaving
  • Adjusted AI calculations for enforced pitstops in timed races
  • Further AI callibration pass for Group A, Procar & 125cc karts

TRACKS
  • Added animated helicopter & drones to Adelaide, Brasilia, Brands Hatch, Cadwell Park. Campo Grande, Cascavel, Curitiba, Imola, Jerez, Silverstone, Montreal, Silverstone 2001,
  • Hockenheim (all versions): Minor art & performance pass
  • Montreal: Object LOD fixes & Minor art & performance pass
  • Londrina: Adjusted triggers & start location
  • Donington: Object LOD fixes; Minor art & performance pass
  • Added VR cams for Adelaide, Kansai & Montreal
  • Goiania: Fixed marbles
  • Taruma: Minor art & performance pass
  • Oulton Park: Fixed broken pitcrew/pitbox marker animations in Oulton / Fosters layouts
  • Added helicopter & drone animations to Granja, Londrina, Hockenheim, Ibarra

VEHICLES
  • F3 (F301) - Revised and updated liveries including new community skin; Updated leather textures on head rests.
  • Metalmoro MRX: Added dirt / damage effects + Dangling damaged parts + new colliders (all variants)
  • Camaro SS - Corrected LOD D glitch
  • Added Gol) Dirt/Damage effects + Detachable boot lid (all variants)

Original Source: Reiza Studios

AMS 2 is available now, exclusive to PC.

The AMS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment is a great place to hang out and discuss the simulation with your fellow sim racing fans. Head over, say hello and come join in the action - start a new thread today!

AMS 2 Update Footer.jpg

Last edited:
When a reporter asked Sabine Schmitz during a VLN-race last year what's the major difference between a Porsche GT3-R (she was driving before) and a Cayman GT4 she said: The Cayman is bouncing so funny. She also made some more comments about the 'cheap' suspension and when you look for the specs of the car on the Porsche-site, they don't even say what's in it. Every GT4-car has some short-comings if it's brakes, TC/ABS or whatever and my guess is, the Cayman has a pretty basic suspension.
Oh ****, bouncy bug in AMS2 actually a realistic feature confirmed! Quick, contact the devs again about your discovery before they hotfix it!

When a reporter asked Sabine Schmitz during a VLN-race last year what's the major difference between a Porsche GT3-R (she was driving before) and a Cayman GT4 she said: The Cayman is bouncing so funny. She also made some more comments about the 'cheap' suspension and when you look for the specs of the car on the Porsche-site, they don't even say what's in it. Every GT4-car has some short-comings if it's brakes, TC/ABS or whatever and my guess is, the Cayman has a pretty basic suspension.

Okay, so you really believe that kind of bounce is almost correct. :O_o:

Save this build immediately on your drive if that's the case...

It's like if i would buy a car, and for the first 2 years after release the car barely works, has no climate controls, no windshield wipers, it's not painted yet, the lights dont work properly, and sometimes it just stops in the middle of the road. And for two years you go back to the factory, and they put one of the missing features on, while maybe not working properly still, or breaking something else. So him, like some people here, choose to just leave the car in the factory for the next two years until it's complete. Hopefully.
Yes agree....but I have 5 other cars ( SIMS :))...in my garage that I can use until that one is finally fixed ;):cool::D

Last edited:
Oh ****, bouncy bug in AMS2 actually a realistic feature confirmed! Quick, contact the devs again about your discovery before they hotfix it!
I just did two laps at Imola in this car and fine for me. The Madness Engine seems like a black box where the devs put their numbers in and get certain results, so they don't design the handling and might be surprised what's coming out of it without knowing if it's right or wrong. Correct me if I'm wrong.
We had the same discussion with for example the sprint cars and they bounce exactly like they do in real life. That's how cheap suspensions work...

I just did two laps at Imola in this car and fine for me. The Madness Engine seems like a black box where the devs put their numbers in and get certain results, so they don't design the handling and might be surprised what's coming out of it without knowing if it's right or wrong. Correct me if I'm wrong.
We had the same discussion with for example the sprint cars and they bounce exactly like they do in real life. That's how cheap suspensions work...
That car is a blast to drive. That is what is nice about AMS2, cars that we don't see in every other sim yet are fantastic.

Last edited:

The bouncing in that video is perfectly fine (on Sebring...) .
The phenomenon in the cars we are talking about is an undamped oscillation ignited even on flat road by load transfer.
Very, very different.

Lol you picked Sebring. We all know that Sebring is one of the bumpiest tracks in existence and if you watch IMSA, DPi's bounce like hell there as well. I dont think GTLM or DPis have cheap suspensions. If my street car bounced like that on a normal road, I'd be pretty pissed, wouldn't you? Not to mention a hazard. These are race cars we are talking about. Hell, I have an e46 m3 track car that behaves like a Formula 1 if I compared it to some of these car behaviors. We all know the suspensions are messed up and its getting fixed. Bouncing race cars is not a feature, its not realistic, end of story.

I really can't disagree with people saying that games should be released in a better state and if this was EA or Activision i would probably even be a little pissed, though i don't play AAA-games anyway :D

Companies like Square Enix release games with obvious problems (Hello Nier Automata!) and never bother to release a single ******* patch, so a modder has to do the job for them, despite Squenix being a multi million dollar company and the game selling over four million copies on all platforms. Oh, and of course they released DLC.

So ultimately after Renato's posting about how they are somewhat relying on the income to continue working, thinking about the situation in Brazil and Reiza's dedication, i can't really be mad. They are probably working their ass of and maybe the engine is not as easy to work with as they had hoped or whatever.

If the game turns out to be "meh" at the end, i look at my gear and the cost for AMS2 are basically reduced to background noise. It's like an investment that will maybe pay off by getting a great sim that runs well in VR in the end. Not to mention that i already had loads of fun.

I know that's probably not the right approach for gaming in general, but simracing is such a niche and i simply try to support most of the studios, just like i support people that create things like AC's CM or Crew Chief by donating. And if something is not where it should be, i play one of the other sims and wait it out.

That's just how i see it, though i can fully understand if people don't like Reiza's approach and be more critical. In the end that's what a paying consumer is entitled to do ;)

Last edited:
The bouncing in that video is perfectly fine (on Sebring...) .
The phenomenon in the cars we are talking about is an undamped oscillation ignited even on flat road by load transfer.
Very, very different.
I haven't noticed anything unusual in all of the cars, but I might be wrong. All i know (thanks to Christian Menzel) is that the dampers of GT3-cars are super highend similar to the ones in WRC-cars where you can jump high and land without one rebounce. The magic this dampers can do costs about 10k Euro without springs and has nothing to do with the cheap stuff in the Porsche Cup or Cayman. Most sims have a separate graphics layer, formerly used for better performance, and pretend a smooth ride where there shouldn't be one. Bumps are just part of racing and the visual disadvantages. Better blame other devs for not giving you a proper racing-experience instead of blaming Reiza for delivering something far more accurate.

You couldn’t continue and counter my argument so you changed the argument altogether into something it wasn’t. Thanks for confirming I won

I never intended that everyone be satisfied. Just that people were being unreasonable because said people don’t know how software development or running a business works. I’ll stick up for Reiza like I stuck up for kunos when they released acc. Funny how people forgot about that

I am sure your "victory" will be the highlight of your day...

I haven't noticed anything unusual in all of the cars, but I might be wrong.
I also at first haven't noticed anything bouncy with the Porsche Cup 4.0 (but a lot of sparks in every corner), when driving it for some laps at Nürburgring GP, before i had to stop. But then i saw it on stream later. The Cayman even showed the most crazy behaviour, just by turning the wheel a bit harder, without even hitting any bumps, kerbs or elevations, it transformed into a lowrider.

This was definetly a bug, not realistic and is already confirmed to be so, so i think, we can now draw our conclusions and move on to the next big deal. :whistling:

Last edited:
Lol you picked Sebring. We all know that Sebring is one of the bumpiest tracks in existence and if you watch IMSA, DPi's bounce like hell there as well. I dont think GTLM or DPis have cheap suspensions. If my street car bounced like that on a normal road, I'd be pretty pissed, wouldn't you? Not to mention a hazard. These are race cars we are talking about. Hell, I have an e46 m3 track car that behaves like a Formula 1 if I compared it to some of these car behaviors. We all know the suspensions are messed up and its getting fixed. Bouncing race cars is not a feature, its not realistic, end of story.
Sebring is almost not bouncing in iRacing despite real drivers are suffering eye-strain btw and tracks like Detroit are far worse. I don't know how bumpy tracks in Brasil should be, but in AMS2 they are often bumpy. Road-cars have a far softer suspension and tyrewall compare to racecars with slicks, so comparing both is not wise and all proper racing-cams are bumpy as f because racecars are stiff. If a car bounce too much in AMS2 I just change the setup and usually it works.

Last edited:
I also at first haven't noticed anything bouncy with the Porsche Cup 4.0 (but a lot of sparks in every corner), when driving it for some laps at Nürburgring GP, before i had to stop. But then i saw it on stream later. The Cayman even showed the most crazy behaviour, just by turning the wheel a bit harder, without even hitting any bumps, kerbs or elevations, it transformed into a lowrider.

This was definetly a bug, not realistic and is already confirmed to be so, so i think, we can now draw our conclusions and move on to the next big deal. :whistling:
Is the issue confirmed by the dev only for the GT3 DLC?
Does this issue has any relation with the FReiza which has a characteristic of oscillating side to side at very low speeds while coasting?

Is the issue confirmed by the dev only for the GT3 DLC?
Does this issue has any relation with the FReiza which has a characteristic of oscillating side to side at very low speeds while coasting?

So i think, it's about the Porsche cars specifically.
The low speed oscillations are maybe something different. I recommend to make a bug report in the Reiza Forums, maybe something different or similar is occuring there, who knows.^^

V1.0.5.1 CHANGELOG:
  • Small improvements to the logic of AI to avoid invading of human line on straights when far from curves
  • Fixed non-linear bumpstop code
  • Revised suspension for Porsches
  • Revised Mclaren 720S GT3 aero, brakes & drivetrain
  • Revised Mclaren 570S aero & brakes
  • Revised GT3 / Prototype tire tread for slightly more longitudinal slip
  • Corrected Mclaren 720S stats & onboard cameras
  • Updated volumes of all Porsche GT3 / Cup cars and minor improvements to GT3-R sound set
  • Nurburgring: Smoothed harsh road bumps along the pit lane entrance;conform some overlay mainly in pit lane region (road line, kerb verge, grass verge, road seam) fixed some tyrewall Z fighting & some object LOD popping; reorganized bollard/cone for Veedol chicane layout; Minor Art pass
  • Goania: Minor art pass

Gave AMS2 a whirl this afternoon and the updated FFB is a relevation - natural comes to mind. Loadsa cars drive even better now and the GT cars are a good addition but the Porsche GT4 feels floaty steering wrong to me and the AI needs work here and there. Good job Reiza - your best ever update and a bit of a game changer for me tbh.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea