Automobilista 2 | New Update, Loads Of Content Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios have released their much anticipated new 'landmark' Automobilista 2 game update - including a whole heap of new content for the simulation.

Yes it's here folks - the new build release of Automobilista 2 and some nice new free and paid content for good measure. We've got GT3 and GT4 cars from the likes of Mercedes, Porsche, McLaren and Chevrolet, the German Nurburgring circuit in different configurations, some fresh updates to the force feedback of the game, AI improvements and a load more goodies - certainly marking this one out as a key new update in the development of Automobilista 2 since it left Early Access.

Before we move on to the update notes, be sure to check out a couple of key messages from Reiza about this build:

Release Promo - Temporary free access to the Nurburgring track!

With the Nordschleife and 24h layouts not quite ready for this release, we have elected to temporarily offer the other modern Nurburgring layouts FREE to all users until the long layouts are added to the package at some point next week.

Please be advised that upon the addition of the Nordschleife & 24h layouts, all Nurburgring versions will revert to being available only for owners of the DLC or packages that include it.

Updated Force Feedback

This update adds fresh Force Feedback developments, the most significant being:

- Damping now adjustable via in-game FFB menu *
- Enhanced tyre flatspots **
- Enhanced feedback during braking
- Enhanced road feel (adjustable via FX slider) ***
- Improved scrub effect (adjustable via FX slider)
- Effectively eliminated FFB "deadzone" around center in some cars
- Improved gyro moment accuracy
- Now using SETA patch offset/deformation for mechanical trail (much more "organic" feel on edge of grip)
- Tyre temperature and pressure will affect feedback
- More distinctive oversteer / understeer feedback

* We recommend using damping in game vs on wheel setting. Damping in game scales with vehicle, so roughly same level for all cars. On wheel / driver damping doesn't scale with wheel gain, so if you have gain too low, damping will overwhelm FFB signal.

** flatspots are currently presented in "raw" form. Given tire is split into many small patches, you will receive "impulses" as there are "flat patches" on tire. It depends on amount of wear on individual patch. Hence the note "raw signal".

*** Road feel is based on physical surface mesh roughness / bumps - which on real vehicles would be "fed back" to the driver via vibration "travelling" thru chassis and as a result will be felt on steering rim especially cars and race cars that have racks bolted directly to chassis, without any sort of insulating "rubber mounts" - take note this would only "vibrate", not "move" wheel rim left-right. Given our gaming controllers are effectievly "1DOF" device - ie. able to move only left or right, we are shaping this vibration such that it can be felt on them too.

IMPORTANT: Custom Force Feedback profiles may be affected by code changes to the FFB system and not work as before the update. If you find that is the case consider sticking to the default profile until the author of the custom alternative updates his version.

Update Notes;

CONTENT
  • Added GT3 series (currently featuring 2015 Mercedes-AMG GT3 & 2016 Porsche 911 GT3 R & 2019 Mclaren 720S GT3)
  • Added GT4 series (currently featuring 2018 Mclaren 570S GT4, 2017 Camaro GT4-R & 2016 Porsche GT4 Cayman Clubsport)
  • Added 2020 Porsche Carrera Cup Brasil (featuring Porsche GT3 Cup 3.8 & 4.0)
  • Added Nurburgring Track (GP, Veedol & Sprint layouts - DLC TRACK, FREE TO ALL USERS FOR A LIMITED TIME

GENERAL
  • Added support for overriding default liveries with user liveries (more info for this soon)
  • Updated Force Feedback system & Added Damping slider to FFB menu
  • Championship mode: Adjusted Stock Car championship rules to better match real regulations ( refuelling permitted in pitstops; use formation+rolling start; added mandatory pitstop; increased minimum race to to 15 mins to allow AI sensible pitting options

UI & HUD
  • Added support for additional UI track filters
  • Fixed incorrect label on FOV options tab when in unselected state
  • Disabled 'Reset to defaults' button in main setup screen when fixed setups are used
  • Fixed RR compound decrease button altering wrong value
  • Further reduced opacity of disabled menu options on in-game screens
  • Fixed incorrect current lap in displayed on HUD when rolling start used
  • Gaps now shown in laps rather than time for lapped vehicles on weekend results
  • Added lobby detail page to multiplayer browser
  • Extended MP player interaction dialog to include Vote To Kick
  • Allowed Player interaction dialog acces to all users (previously host only)
  • Updated all in-game leaderboards to allow access to Player interaction dialog (left click / Joypad X)
  • Fixed player name clipping on in-game MP leaderboards

PHYSICS
  • Revised tyre treads in GT, Prototypes, Stock Cars, Super V8 for more longitudinal slip & improved force combining
  • Slight reduction to parking force FFB (all cars)
  • Fixed missing autolift function in Mini gearbox
  • Adjusted Max force for MRX (all variants)
  • Reduced default viscous lock & preload baseline in cars in LSD diffs
  • Slightly increased speed sensitivity in road tyre tread (60s Classics, F-Vee, Copa Fusca & Uno)
  • Slightly further reducing lock per clutch in LSD differentials
  • Corrected rev range error in Group A engines
  • Adjusted default gear ratios for Group A
  • Adjusted F-Ultimate sidewall stiffness

AI
  • Scaled the pit exit speed by the outlap slowdown factor (this prevents the AI going offroad after leaving the pits in Taruma)
  • Adjusted AI code to minimise weaving
  • Adjusted AI calculations for enforced pitstops in timed races
  • Further AI callibration pass for Group A, Procar & 125cc karts

TRACKS
  • Added animated helicopter & drones to Adelaide, Brasilia, Brands Hatch, Cadwell Park. Campo Grande, Cascavel, Curitiba, Imola, Jerez, Silverstone, Montreal, Silverstone 2001,
  • Hockenheim (all versions): Minor art & performance pass
  • Montreal: Object LOD fixes & Minor art & performance pass
  • Londrina: Adjusted triggers & start location
  • Donington: Object LOD fixes; Minor art & performance pass
  • Added VR cams for Adelaide, Kansai & Montreal
  • Goiania: Fixed marbles
  • Taruma: Minor art & performance pass
  • Oulton Park: Fixed broken pitcrew/pitbox marker animations in Oulton / Fosters layouts
  • Added helicopter & drone animations to Granja, Londrina, Hockenheim, Ibarra

VEHICLES
  • F3 (F301) - Revised and updated liveries including new community skin; Updated leather textures on head rests.
  • Metalmoro MRX: Added dirt / damage effects + Dangling damaged parts + new colliders (all variants)
  • Camaro SS - Corrected LOD D glitch
  • Added Gol) Dirt/Damage effects + Detachable boot lid (all variants)

Original Source: Reiza Studios

AMS 2 is available now, exclusive to PC.

The AMS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment is a great place to hang out and discuss the simulation with your fellow sim racing fans. Head over, say hello and come join in the action - start a new thread today!

AMS 2 Update Footer.jpg

Last edited:
Gave AMS2 a whirl this afternoon and the updated FFB is a relevation - natural comes to mind. Loadsa cars drive even better now and the GT cars are a good addition but the Porsche GT4 feels floaty steering wrong to me and the AI needs work here and there. Good job Reiza - your best ever update and a bit of a game changer for me tbh.

You should give the custom ffb made by Nuscorpii a try. After testing for two days the default ff Heavymessing 2.5 is stil the most natural and intuitive ffb for T300rs

I seem to be having a problem with the Porsche GT3 Cup vehicles. They are stuck on 70 KPH speed. The Porsche GT3 vehicles are fine as are the rest of the new vehicles. Am I missing something?

Edit: Many thanks to Billy Guy - change driving assists settings from ‘Full’ to ‘Authentic’. All good!!! wooohooooooooo ;)

Last edited:
I’ve only tried the GT3 R so far post-hotfix. The Porsche bounce behavior feels like it’s moved into the realm of where I can now mess with springs and dampers to get things where I might want them. Prior to the hotfix, that seemed like an unattainable goal. I’ll leave it to others to argue about realism.

FWIW I also like the sound adjustments to the GT3 R. I was genuinely having a hard time hearing the engine through the gear whine prior to the hotfix. Not so any more while the gear whine still remains plenty prominent as it apparently is IRL based on videos posted here.

Porsches still way too bouncy, wth...

Yes but better anyway.

The bouncing is back to high but quite acceptable levels (at least it's damped) and the McLaren is not completely lifeless anymore (in some cases even unstable due to overheating of the rear tires...).

Sprigs are using very strange values, the diff is fully open on default and increasing only at the extreme values of the setup range, longitudinal grip (or other parameters leading to the same effect) is all over the place, GT4 are missing BoP, assist (even doing not so much) seem to be deactivated only from in garage setup... but it's a small step forward.

Let's wait for the next.

P.S.
Sounds are great.

Last edited:
Took the Cayman out for a spin.. I hope this is just part 1 of the fix. Its better, but still feels too bouncy to me. I think my Boxster would handle better around the Nurburgring than this car. I have never encountered this bounce in my car when cornering hard and I was purposely staying off curbs in the game. I'm not convinced by this first hot fix. Fingers crossed its only step 1.

I seem to be having a problem with the Porsche GT3 Cup vehicles. They are stuck on 70 KPH speed. The Porsche GT3 vehicles are fine as are the rest of the new vehicles. Am I missing something?
I just tried the Cup 4.0 at Jerez and had no issue with capped speeds. For comparison’s sake, I hit the button for the pit limiter before I move the car at all: limiter > shift to 1st > exit garage stall. Your reported 70 KPH doesn't sound like a "sticky" pit lane limit issue though.

Last edited:
Took the Cayman out for a spin.. I hope this is just part 1 of the fix. Its better, but still feels too bouncy to me. I think my Boxster would handle better around the Nurburgring than this car. I have never encountered this bounce in my car when cornering hard and I was purposely staying off curbs in the game. I'm not convinced by this first hot fix. Fingers crossed its only step 1.
I also just tested he gt3 and the Cayman. The GT3 actually felt pretty decent and the AI didnt kill me for once. The Cayman as you mentioned is just a tad better but still very bouncy. If my track car with a roll cage and upgraded suspension did that in real life i'd be in a wall second corner. Scary stuff lol. Hope they work on this. I haven't tried the cup cars yet.

Great post. All the bashing and negative talk is getting tiring. I do understand the frustration, but if this was PC2 or any EA game you would be ignored. At least Reiza is listening. Posting thoughts is good, but as mentioned just be respectful.

All the talk about the SMS engine is just unfounded. I was not a big fan of PC2, but what Reiza has already done is fantastic IMO. And they keep making it better each update (usually ;)). The SMS engine is now responsible for one of my least favorite (but still enjoyed) sims to my favorite sim.

I will make a prediction, Reiza will fix the Porsche issue on the next update. Would I even have assumed this with any other company? Doubtful.

Replying to my own post. Reiza has already addressed the underlined with a hotfix. What other company responds this quickly to its community?

People on here forget that Reiza is niche developer in a niche market, while a worldwide ****ing pandemic is going that is destroying tons of small businesses. You just got to respect how much work these guys put in and how much this game has improved in the last few months and its still improving with an impressive pace. Reiza never pretends or acts like its a finished product.

I had that too yesterday. I fixed it by changing the driving help from authentic to none or something similar. Maybe stability help is on and it prevent it go faster.

I think it may indeed be stability control that’s the speed-capping culprit. I changed my driving assists settings from ‘Authentic’ to ‘Full’ but with only stability control enabled. I then repeated my test of the Cup 4.0 and its speed was indeed capped at 70 KPH. Exited the test session, changed the driving assists back to ‘Authentic’ and speed was no longer capped when I went back into another test session.

I just did a few races with the Porsche GT3 Cup car and for me reducing the Front ARB to 20 from the default 80 improved a lot the bounciness you should try.

I think it may indeed be stability control that’s the speed-capping culprit. I changed my driving assists settings from ‘Authentic’ to ‘Full’ but with only stability control enabled. I then repeated my test of the Cup 4.0 and its speed was indeed capped at 70 KPH. Exited the test session, changed the driving assists back to ‘Authentic’ and speed was no longer capped when I went back into another test session.
Thank you. It was really pissing me off. I Initially assumed it must have had something to do with "Auto Pit Lane".

Thanks to reiza Porsche cup got much much better and fun to drive, although I think there are rooms for improvements .
I love this car in every sim, It's the benchmark for me.
Guys don't you think it should have off-Throttle oversteer, I don't feel it as much as I do in rF2/iRacing.
Right now It's easy to drive like GT3 Cars (I don't use ABS), I think it should be harder and more tricky.
What do you think?
Is there any difference between brazil version VS eu version of porsche GT3 Cup?

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years