Automobilista 2 | Hotfix Build Update Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios have again dropped a new update for Automobilista 2, deploying hotfix build 1.0.5.6 to Steam earlier today.

Following on from a recent big build release, Reiza Studios have again taken to the internet to drop another fresh release for AMS 2, dropping a new hotfix that addresses several areas of the simulation that require further attention post update.

Key changes include the addition of the Nurburgring 24h Endurance Layout, various AI changes and key art updates - as can be seen in the change log below:

AMS 2 Update.jpg

Hotfix Update Notes:
  • Added Nurburgring 24h Endurance Layout
  • Added support to order Vehicle group filters alphabetically (original sorting)
  • Fixed class list scroll bar on Vehicle browser
  • Fixed helper spring implementation bug causing deflection to subtract from vehicle´s suspension travel (fixes issues with Porsches bouncing on bump stops & AI cars occasionally rolling because of it)
  • Adjusted Porsche Cup FFB max force
  • Adjusted engine compression curves for Mercedes GT3, Stock Cars, Montana (slightly reduced engine braking in all)
  • Adjusted Traction Control base slip to allow for more slip before system kicks in
  • Porsche Cup AI wet tire calibration pass
  • Nurburgring / Nordschleife various fixes & adjustments to render and materials; tweaks to outer terrain geometry & grass/terrain texture blending, car park around Youtube corner, LOD distance tweaks, fixed grasscrete material in GP segment; reduced Reduced tire barrier flickering for Nordschleife layout; adjusted some TVcameras to minimize shimmering issues (still more to fix)
  • Camaro GT4R: Corrected brake and tail lights color
  • Mercedes 190E: Fixed cockpit red materials
  • MetalMoro AJR: Fixed head and brake lights
  • Super V8: Fixed head and brake lights

Original Source: Reiza Studios Steam

Automobilista 2 is available now, exclusively on PC.

Check out the RaceDepartment Automobilista 2 sub forum for a place to hang out with fellow AMS 2 fans, share tips and tricks to maximise your experience with the simulation and grab all the latest news regarding the title.

AMS 2 Update 3.jpg

Last edited:
Is anyone experiencing audio distortion and crackling in the newest build with the M6?

Yes. It happens mostly in the middle of the rpm range and on shifting.

No issues on high or low rpms but it can be annoying if you take a corner and modulate your throttle input.

But since this is an issue with some of the older cars as well (since EA!) i don't think anyone at Reiza cares.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

M6 cockpit is rather bland comparing to ACC and RSS AC versions. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
About audio crackling, what speaker output configuration you are using on you sound card - stereo, or some surround format?

Hey Domagoj,

i basically use two different sound devices, the oculus rift headphones and sometimes a motu m2 audio interface with Audio-Technica msr7b headphones.

They both share those basic settings:

Disable all enhancements
stereo without any sort of surround implementation
exclusive mode

Wether i set the device to 16 or 24 bit, 44.1Khz or 48Khz does not matter.

I know that memory overclocking can introduce sound artifacts, but the problem still occurs with everyhing (cpu and memory) running @ stock and is not as disturbing as

I understand that the first thing that comes to mind is that it's the users machine and i don't mind it.

But there are other cars with crackling and distortions as well. The Mini for example and the Sprint Car, with the latter being the absolute worst in this regard.

And since you can hear those crackles even on youtube videos, i am 99,9% sure that it's the game, even more so since not all cars have this problem.

Though i admit that it's sometimes not easy to notice on gameplay videos and less striking than it is in person. But if you know what to look for, you can clearly hear it.

If you want to replicate it: Take the M6, keep the rpms around the middle and gently modulate the throttle. It does not happen at low or high rpm for some reason.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back