Automobilista 2 | Hotfix Build Update Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios have again dropped a new update for Automobilista 2, deploying hotfix build 1.0.5.6 to Steam earlier today.

Following on from a recent big build release, Reiza Studios have again taken to the internet to drop another fresh release for AMS 2, dropping a new hotfix that addresses several areas of the simulation that require further attention post update.

Key changes include the addition of the Nurburgring 24h Endurance Layout, various AI changes and key art updates - as can be seen in the change log below:

AMS 2 Update.jpg

Hotfix Update Notes:
  • Added Nurburgring 24h Endurance Layout
  • Added support to order Vehicle group filters alphabetically (original sorting)
  • Fixed class list scroll bar on Vehicle browser
  • Fixed helper spring implementation bug causing deflection to subtract from vehicle´s suspension travel (fixes issues with Porsches bouncing on bump stops & AI cars occasionally rolling because of it)
  • Adjusted Porsche Cup FFB max force
  • Adjusted engine compression curves for Mercedes GT3, Stock Cars, Montana (slightly reduced engine braking in all)
  • Adjusted Traction Control base slip to allow for more slip before system kicks in
  • Porsche Cup AI wet tire calibration pass
  • Nurburgring / Nordschleife various fixes & adjustments to render and materials; tweaks to outer terrain geometry & grass/terrain texture blending, car park around Youtube corner, LOD distance tweaks, fixed grasscrete material in GP segment; reduced Reduced tire barrier flickering for Nordschleife layout; adjusted some TVcameras to minimize shimmering issues (still more to fix)
  • Camaro GT4R: Corrected brake and tail lights color
  • Mercedes 190E: Fixed cockpit red materials
  • MetalMoro AJR: Fixed head and brake lights
  • Super V8: Fixed head and brake lights

Original Source: Reiza Studios Steam

Automobilista 2 is available now, exclusively on PC.

Check out the RaceDepartment Automobilista 2 sub forum for a place to hang out with fellow AMS 2 fans, share tips and tricks to maximise your experience with the simulation and grab all the latest news regarding the title.

AMS 2 Update 3.jpg

Last edited:
Cars feel better now.
GT3R Porsche with 100% slip doesn't feel realistic, it still drives on rails when mashing throttle in low gears in short turns.

Anybody here an idea how to fix the real steering wheel(Logitech 923)
vs ingame steering wheel non -synchronization for most of the cars?
I tried custom....now driving with the G29 config. I hope there will be a G923 configuration soon.

?

Cheers
Robin

Last edited:
The gt3 porsche is still very bouncy. Not undrivable around nords anymore though. With merc gt3 the first fast right hander on nords is super easy casual flatout. In the porsche the car gets these weird bounces so you need to get the turn in right or the car kangaroos into the shrubberies. Funnily enough hitting the kerb there hard does nothing to it but the hard cornering just puts it into pogostick mode. Plus the car seems to have terminal high speed understeer. Also the trick with the porsche seems to be to use full tanks of fuel for fastest lap time. Can we get ballast so we can add more weight to make it even faster? lol.

The helper springs' main function in real race car is to give the suspension more droop which helps with kerbs and uneven surfaces while at the same time it allows to use stiffer main springs. In ams the helper springs just make the nose go up higher as the car pogoes up and down which probably destroys all the front aero as the splitter is too high from the ground all the time.

Still the most glaring issue is the BoP in the GT3 class... how they released those cars with the McLaren miles faster than the others is beyond me. But maybe that's just how it is in real life, I've no idea. But for sim racing it means there is only 1 choice of car you can drive.

Anyway it was encouraging to see 11 drivers on the grid for our GT3 races at Kyalami last night, so the new cars are getting more people playing AMS2, which I'm delighted about.

Cars feel better now.
GT3R Porsche with 100% slip doesn't feel realistic, it still drives on rails when mashing throttle in low gears in short turns.

Anybody here an idea how to fix the real steering wheel(Logitech 923)
vs ingame steering wheel non -synchronization for most of the cars?
I tried custom....now driving with the G29 config. I hope there will be a G923 configuration soon.
If the wheel is properly calibrated in the game, the wheel should be in sync with all cars.
I agree on the tyre-slip.

Still the most glaring issue is the BoP in the GT3 class... how they released those cars with the McLaren miles faster than the others is beyond me. But maybe that's just how it is in real life, I've no idea. But for sim racing it means there is only 1 choice of car you can drive.

Anyway it was encouraging to see 11 drivers on the grid for our GT3 races at Kyalami last night, so the new cars are getting more people playing AMS2, which I'm delighted about.

Not different than in Iracing tbh: there's always one car faster than the other GT3 cars, so you'll see races with 95% using the same car out of 4 or 5 GT3 cars available.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 118 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 158 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 303 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 434 39.7%