Automobilista 2 | Hotfix Build Update Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios have again dropped a new update for Automobilista 2, deploying hotfix build 1.0.5.6 to Steam earlier today.

Following on from a recent big build release, Reiza Studios have again taken to the internet to drop another fresh release for AMS 2, dropping a new hotfix that addresses several areas of the simulation that require further attention post update.

Key changes include the addition of the Nurburgring 24h Endurance Layout, various AI changes and key art updates - as can be seen in the change log below:

AMS 2 Update.jpg

Hotfix Update Notes:
  • Added Nurburgring 24h Endurance Layout
  • Added support to order Vehicle group filters alphabetically (original sorting)
  • Fixed class list scroll bar on Vehicle browser
  • Fixed helper spring implementation bug causing deflection to subtract from vehicle´s suspension travel (fixes issues with Porsches bouncing on bump stops & AI cars occasionally rolling because of it)
  • Adjusted Porsche Cup FFB max force
  • Adjusted engine compression curves for Mercedes GT3, Stock Cars, Montana (slightly reduced engine braking in all)
  • Adjusted Traction Control base slip to allow for more slip before system kicks in
  • Porsche Cup AI wet tire calibration pass
  • Nurburgring / Nordschleife various fixes & adjustments to render and materials; tweaks to outer terrain geometry & grass/terrain texture blending, car park around Youtube corner, LOD distance tweaks, fixed grasscrete material in GP segment; reduced Reduced tire barrier flickering for Nordschleife layout; adjusted some TVcameras to minimize shimmering issues (still more to fix)
  • Camaro GT4R: Corrected brake and tail lights color
  • Mercedes 190E: Fixed cockpit red materials
  • MetalMoro AJR: Fixed head and brake lights
  • Super V8: Fixed head and brake lights

Original Source: Reiza Studios Steam

Automobilista 2 is available now, exclusively on PC.

Check out the RaceDepartment Automobilista 2 sub forum for a place to hang out with fellow AMS 2 fans, share tips and tricks to maximise your experience with the simulation and grab all the latest news regarding the title.

AMS 2 Update 3.jpg

Last edited:
But they did say the whole patch would release Oct 30 like what, 3 days before that date?
No, they said Oct 30th was an estimated release date. Big difference, and they probably only said that at all because of the impatient minority constantly badgering them with when when when. Yes the missed it, but big deal. Unforeseen issues are part and parcel of software development.

As has been said countless times already recently, better to delay and release something that works than rush it and release something that is very broken. Case in point, the last two big patches.

On that note, I'm actually getting quite tired of having the excitement of new content being ruined by that content being flawed on release. I'd rather wait an extra day, week or month and have that excitement convert to joy and driving pleasure instead, wouldn't you? I'd rather be in the sim using that content than on the forums reporting issues. So yeah...

Equipping the car with hard slicks made it a bit livelier for me, but some cars do feel maybe a bit too grippy.

And others feel the oposite, like the GT4 Camaro... I'm finding it very hard to keep this car straight while driving fast but maybe I just suck :unsure: The Camaro in ACC is much tamer by comparisson.

Yes, it's quite strange the variation car to car.
Take the stock cars and they put out the rear at the slightest movement of the gas pedal, the sprints are impossible to oversteer on throttle no matter what, the Camaro GT4 is wild and the Cayman very tame.

Of course, different cars and setups, but in some cases the difference appears too pronounced.

And others feel the oposite, like the GT4 Camaro... I'm finding it very hard to keep this car straight while driving fast but maybe I just suck :unsure:
I’m with you on the GT4 Camaro. I spent some time with it yesterday and came away with the impression (within my own skill set) of the car having significant tendency toward oversteer. To me its corner entry behavior almost feels like the semi-exaggerated “pendulum” effect of rear engine Porsches from past generation sim titles/mods. I’m not saying that’s actually what’s going on with the Camaro’s physics. That’s just the impression that came to me while trying the car.

Last edited:
No, they said Oct 30th was an estimated release date. Big difference, and they probably only said that at all because of the impatient minority constantly badgering them with when when when. Yes the missed it, but big deal. Unforeseen issues are part and parcel of software development.

As has been said countless times already recently, better to delay and release something that works than rush it and release something that is very broken. Case in point, the last two big patches.

On that note, I'm actually getting quite tired of having the excitement of new content being ruined by that content being flawed on release. I'd rather wait an extra day, week or month and have that excitement convert to joy and driving pleasure instead, wouldn't you? I'd rather be in the sim using that content than on the forums reporting issues. So yeah...
I'm getting tired about it as well. So my point is, don't say these unrealistic dates. Just release when it's as close to 100% as possible. No only they released it without Nords and M6, the Mclaren was an understeer monster and the Porsche took like 2 weeks to improve it to some playable state... not good. So do not say a release date and that's it, I really don't care when they release their stuff, as long as they don't set any date. There's no way they didn't know how broken it was.

Obviously they are going to get a ton of **** for releasing something like that, it's obvious, the game is not in early access anymore.

I’m sympathetic to the financial realities Renato previously mentioned where Reiza more or less needs to get new content out the door at regular or expected time frames. I’m Ok with that just like I’m OK with the overall “ongoing development” nature of the title. The key for me is that this has been communicated to us.

I just wish it could somehow be communicated to us customers when Reiza themselves knows something is in a “still-needs-work” state upon release. It wouldn’t need to be explicit or involve commitments to when known issues with the new content will be addressed. Just some sort of heads up that tells us when a new thing really isn’t done yet. Perhaps something like labeling a new piece of content as “the initial release of…” when they know there are issues that still need to be addressed.

I’m sympathetic to the financial realities Renato previously mentioned where Reiza more or less needs to get new content out the door at regular or expected time frames. I’m Ok with that just like I’m OK with the overall “ongoing development” nature of the title. The key for me is that this has been communicated to us.

I just wish it could somehow be communicated to us customers when Reiza themselves knows something is in a “still-needs-work” state upon release. It wouldn’t need to be explicit or involve commitments to when known issues with the new content will be addressed. Just some sort of heads up that tells us when a new thing really isn’t done yet. Perhaps something like labeling a new piece of content as “the initial release of…” when they know there are issues that still need to be addressed.
You mean like acknowledging that they are working to a really tight schedule that they plan to try to stick to and an acknowledgement that because of that some stuff will still need work after release based on user feedback. If only Renato could pop in and say something along those lines.:whistling:

I’m with you on the GT4 Camaro. I spent some time with it yesterday and came away with the impression (within my own skill set) of the car having significant tendency toward oversteer. To me its corner entry behavior almost feels like the semi-exaggerated “pendulum” effect of rear engine Porsches from past generation sim titles/mods. I’m not saying that’s actually what’s going on with the Camaro’s physics. That’s just the impression that came to me while trying the car.
Yes but its the lack of rear that's the problem....these type of big tyred cars have heaps of grip irl.

It doesn't really help if such info is available in patch notes. Very few people even read them and even fewer can remember later what was in them. Having a "wip" or "first release" tag inside the game would be better but I doubt reiza is interested in doing that considering about 70% of the content would come with that disclaimer. Not good especially for dlc sales.

And what would such a wip tag mean anyways? Is a car wip because it has minor graphics issues, like non-moving suspension graphics? Or is it wip because suspension is totally bonkers or the car suffers from kangaroo physics engine issues? Default setup being bad, setup options missing, ai barely exists... When should it be called wip? Personally I'd be fine to drive cars that have at least reasonable physics effort being put into them... while I'd not want to touch pre-alpha physics cars at all. For someone else graphics are more important. Imho the real solution would be to not just release broken content. Minor graphics issues are fine imho.

In the end it is the issue of their "ongoing development". In the past ongoing development meant that more features will be added later to the engine, more content will be added later with more features that are required to make that new content work. But you could expect the content already in the game and sold as dlc was polished to a high degree and not just released as known issue. In ams2 case the ongoing development seems to be about just pushing out content that is broken and then just hotfix it until it somewhat works. Maybe it keeps ams2 in the headlines and the pretty pictures sell those dlcs but I'm not so sure how well that kind of approach of selling broken content works in long term.

This ams2 "ongoing hotfixing" release strategy is very annoying for the end user as well. You can never know if a car or feature is relatively bad or good or just totally broken weirdness (porsches or the camaro gt4 which is also attrocious). Just blindly pick a car and see how it is. Spend the time and effort to see what it does. With every car it is a dice roll and more often than not it is not fun when you get a hotfix car instead of something functional and fun. Which makes ams2 less fun.

You can think this game is still in beta but even with this phase it competes most of the popular sims.
But they actually stop to publish new content for a while but work on the bugs/physics/gui etc. for a while.

As has been said many, many times already, the people working on the... you know what, screw it. :rolleyes:
I think overall we need to be careful and consider the circumstances where this reasoning applies and not resort to it reflexively.

I do think it is unreasonable for someone to say something like “Stop working on new stuff and fix the setup UI” because those are likely to be different people.

Conversely, I do not think it’s unreasonable to assume the people that need to work on fixing the physics of the GT4 Camaro could be the same people creating the physics for additional new cars. I do not think it’s unreasonable to assume the same people responsible for fixing the originally misaligned headlights on the Lotus 23 could be the same people responsible for working on headlights for additional new cars. Etc...

Last edited:
I think overall we need to be careful and consider the circumstances where this reasoning applies and not resort to it reflexively.
It's what Reiza themselves have said, so... yeah. Having worked in the games industry myself I am very aware of the hugely different skillsets required by each branch of the development process, and they often don't mix. Even if they did, you can't employ someone as a texture artist and then expect them to then work on car physics because you said so. Employees have rights too, as well self-entitled consumers.

you can't employ someone as a texture artist and then expect them to then work on car physics because you said so
Yes, I've used the same argument you're using right now a few times, but some content, specifically cars, require the attention of more than just artists.

One of the major problems with AMS2 at the moment is the very uneven physics quality amongst different cars, but unless they hire more physics staff how will they have time to properly go about polishing the physics on the older content if they keep having new cars being pumped out to make physics for?

I understand the argument but I don't believe things are so black and white.

Self Entitled consumer: Someone sick to death of paying actual money for product delivered knowingly as 'not fit for purpose'.
Team Balance: Having the correct mix of skill sets in your team to deliver quality product in the most efficient manner possible. Perhaps lets not have 1 road layer and 20 white line painters in our road construction team eh? or 1 programmer and 20 artists when a better mix may be needed.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back