Automobilista 2 | Ginetta G40 Headlines V1.1.1.0 Update Release

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios have today released a new build update for the Automobilista 2 racing simulation - adding a number of fixes and improvements alongside the brand-new Ginetta G40 GT5 and Cup series.
  • Ginetta G40 GT5 and Cup added.
  • Multiple UI and HUD improvements.
  • Physics, AI and audio updates.

Another sizeable build update for Automobilista 2 has dropped today, as Reiza Studios continue to work hard polishing and updating the ever improving AMS 2 racing simulation. In this latest build release, allocated the V1.1.1.0 marker, the Brazilian development team have brought another wide selection of tweaks and improvements to the title, especially around both the physics and AI within the game.

Of those physics updates it is worth particular note to see the developers have further refined the tyre drop off values for the cars within the sim, hopefully bringing tyre life behaviour within the sim closer to the values of the real world equivalents.

As well as a healthy selection of changes to the main build of the title itself, another nice feature of this update is the inclusion of the small but mighty Ginetta G40 - in both Cup and GT5 form. Known for the intense racing action it produces over in the Ginetta Junior series in the UK, the car is an absolute favourite of the younger racing driver, and should make a very welcome addition to the simulation for us of the virtual racing fancy.

You can check out the full update change log from the new build below:

V1.1.0.5 -> V1.1.1.0 CHANGELOG

CONTENT

• Added Ginetta G40 to GT5 series
  • Added Ginetta G40 Cup series

GENERAL
  • LiveTrack now maintains rubber state between sessions.on a race weekend (rather than resetting to a "green" track at the start of every session)
  • Reduced base grip from a green track & increased grip range to max grip state

UI & HUD
  • Added option for German localization
  • Fixed wrong description on 'Edit HUD' menu option
  • Adjusted size and layout of ICM strategy menu to make current strategy more readable
  • Fixed scrollbar on Start Championship list
  • Fixed incorrect heavy fog icon
  • Fixed Race sessions showing practice length on lobby detail page
  • Fixed Add session start time to lobby detail page
  • Remove stray icon from formation lap info HUD element
  • Fixed text alignment of Retired/Pit indicator on replay/spectator leaderboards
  • Added missing translations for some recently released tracks
  • Added missing Edit Hud Description, Drive layout, FFB Damping translations
  • Fixed PIT text overflowing container on HUD leaderboard in some languages
  • Fixed issue where simulate/retirement screen could become unresponsive when choosing no during exit confirmation.
  • Adjusted loading screen gradient to provide more positive feedback at lower levels
  • Added leaderboard class icon for GT40Cup, Group A, JCW, TC60

PHYSICS
  • Further differential & driveline fine tuning; further reduced crankshaft mass (reduces overall engine inertia); reduced axle shaft mass & slightly reduced wheel bearing losses (slightly increases top speed & improves differential functionality)
  • Further tire tread adjustments for all cars (generally less speed sensitivity, slightly sharper peak slip angles)
  • Revised tire grip falloff rates when under and over optimal operating temperature, & added rates to several tires that didn´t feature substantial falloff rates
  • Further revisions to rain tire compounds
  • Slightly reduced efficiency of slicks on wet surface
  • Slightly increased tire automatic preheating ratio before race starts
  • Adjusted optimal temperature ranges for carbon & steel brakes
  • Adjusted brake heating & cooling rates for all cars
  • GT3 cars now use steel brakes instead of carbon ceramic
  • Revised Kart / superkart physics (tires, driveline)
  • Fixed errors in front tire tread for Fusca Classic FL
  • Fixed error on Super V8 Hard tire compound
  • Replaced Roco tire physics to better match the one from its P3 opponents
  • Slightly adjusted F-Classic G3M1 torque curve
  • Moved default brake bias slightly rearwards for F1 cars, Porsches, P1 cars (require setup reset)
  • Minor Procar Group A, Caterham, Porsche Cup & Superkart revisions (require setup reset)
  • Minor F-V10 G1 / Mclaren MP4-12 aero corrections to front wing yaw & pitch sensivity
  • Minor adjustments to default FFB (communicates rear end better from vehicle yaw rate developing on turn in and countersteer on rear tyres sliding)
  • Improved FFB damping function: it´s now non-linear with very little effect in small /slow steering inputs, more on really fast & bigger inputs
  • Reduced effects of tire flatspots on FFB
AI
  • Added parameter to callibrate AI traction off the line on a wet surface vs player
  • Added parameter to control how far ahead AI cars factor lapped cars ahead per type of car
  • Adjusted AI performance on wet (both on slicks and wet tires), correcting some generally large discrepancies in each case
  • General AI performance callibration pass for all cars
  • Further adjustments to AI throttle application for various cars
  • Further adjustments to AI aggression scalars per car
  • Further reduced AI lateral jerkiness/weaving/abruptness
  • General AI callibration for various cars
  • Bumped AI aggression scalars, reduced AI extra awareness with human scalars to better exploit latest AI code developments & better raceability

AUDIO
  • Sprint Race: Improved off-throttle pops, further polished engine sound loops
  • Caterham Academy: Improved off-throttle pops, further polished engine sound loops

TRACKS
  • Spa: Minor art pass
  • VIR: Rebuilt collision walls to latest tandards; fixed disappearing pit guy for north pitlane layouts
  • Velo Citta: Added terrain shadow casters; minor corrections & fixes
  • Hockenheim: Reduced road mesh noise; Minor bug fixes; Updated TV cameras & added VR cameras to all layouts
  • Reduced road mesh noise for Goiania, Jerez, Velopark
  • Interlagos Historic: Minor bug fixes
  • Cascais: Reduced road mesh noise, Fixed a few LOD pop issues
  • Montreal Modern:Reduced road mesh noise; minor bug fixes
  • Brands Hatch: Reduced road mesh noise; minor bug fixes
  • Spielberg:Reduced road mesh noise, minor bug fixes
  • Adjusted drone animations & removed excessive number on some tracks

VEHICLES
  • Added 8 new Chevette skins (10 in total)
  • Added street tire tread for external model of Camaro SS, McLaren F1, Ultima GTR, Copa Fusca, Opala 79 and Opala OldStock
  • Corrected headlights effect for Mclaren F1 GTR & BMW M6 GT3
  • Fixed kart LODs to avoid visible opponents legs popping
  • Further brake glow range adjustment to better match physics heating & cooling rates
  • F301 and F309: Improved cockpit windshield glass material and rain drops
  • Sprintrace: Added boot and wing to cockpit
  • Mini: Fixed wipers not working in cockpit view; Improved cockpit carbon material
  • Further adjusted backfire parameters (less backfiring when lifting off throttle)
  • Added visible onboard brake glow for cars with visible brake discs from cockpit
  • Gol Classic B: Corrected wrong number #94 now #65; 3 teammate skins added
  • Ginetta G40 Cup / GT5 livery updates to #05 #10 #28 #32 #38
  • Porsche 991 Cup 2: Fixed small glitch in cockpit model

Original Source: Reiza Studios

AMS 2 - available now exclusively to PC.

Want to know more about the sim? Got a trick or tip to share with the community? Fire up a thread in the AMS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment and share that knowledge!

AMS 2 Update 2.jpg

Last edited:
Because it is. Both built on PC2 engine. Reiza just managed to strip away a lot of features and make a worse UI

With all due respect, this view is surely wrong or just simply outdated. You are definitely in for a most pleasant surprise for the better and you should give it a go now. Game is still rough in various places but many things are shining definitely.

You have the game, yes?

Take the default Reiza f1[group] gen3 model 1 [vehicle] for a drive.

As soon as you can you ought to, it will change your view, take it for a spin at the top most hockenheim track which is the most recent chronologically as well.

^ If no dlc then Imola.

use its default should be ok and made for the track really

__

Use if you want the default ffb but a suitable custom file from January this year available from their forum is probably going to impress you even more just now. Set the gain as high as you can, then 50 for each setting including dampening, just to get you off and running.

Make sure the wheel control panel is at default and set to 900 (or otherwise full) rotation via its slider.

__

Then for camera I like legacy-on=yes...55 head movement and gforce at 20. Seems to be a great amount - and type - of bumpiness for non-vr.

Last edited:
Some people complain about gamepads but trackball then? lol

Good road Reiza, we still have a long way to go with the patches, additions and DLCs to come.

If one day you want free voices in French or other languages in the game, don't hesitate to ask the players.

You might want to take a gander at ACC's first AND second January, following it's release, since you seem to enjoy basing your opinions on a game by how many people are playing it. Remeber that this is a very long-term sim and not some flash in the pan. I look forward to an ever-evolving simulation-based racing game and AMS2 seems to be providing that at every turn (and update).
Yes, I agree it's unfair to emit these "verdicts" without knowing what Reiza actually wants to do. They are not a big developer so the development speed is what it is and I guess they were not expecting to take sim racing by storm. They keep a low profile and most importantly keep working on the game, so they deserve to be appreciated.
It is undeniable, though, that the two Kunos titles, ACC and AC, have literally boomed in 2020. Even established titles like RF2 and Raceroom did not have that amount of success in 2020. Here the chart. In comparing what is happening to ACC/AC with what is happening to AMS2, I think there are two components; 1) Luck: by the time Covid forced us all at home, ACC had already ironed out its bugs and was ready to take off, and AC is so rich of content that it was the obvious choice for everyone else. AMS 2 was a tad late, but as I said it was just bad luck. Of course, this is now the past and slowly AMS2 is gaining pace. 2) Focus: in hindsight, it is clear that the two Kunos titles had both very clear what they wanted to be: AC the kingdom of modding, ACC the most in-depth single class esports sim. AMS2, seen from outside, so far does not seem to promote a clear identity, or at least one that appeals to the masses. I think this is an area that should be considered to make AMS 2 stand out.

Last edited:
Yes, I agree it's unfair to emit these "verdicts" without knowing what Reiza actually wants to do. They are not a big developer so the development speed is what it is and I guess they were not expecting to take sim racing by storm. They keep a low profile and most importantly keep working on the game, so they deserve to be appreciated.
It is undeniable, though, that the two Kunos titles, ACC and AC, have literally boomed in 2020. Even established titles like RF2 and Raceroom did not have that amount of success in 2020. Here the chart. In comparing what is happening to ACC/AC with what is happening to AMS2, I think there are two components; 1) Luck: by the time Covid forced us all at home, ACC had already ironed out its bugs and was ready to take off, and AC is so rich of content that it was the obvious choice for everyone else. AMS 2 was a tad late, but as I said it was just bad luck. Of course, this is now the past and slowly AMS2 is gaining pace. 2) Focus: in hindsight, it is clear that the two Kunos titles had both very clear what they wanted to be: AC the kingdom of modding, ACC the most in-depth single class esports sim. AMS2, seen from outside, so far does not seem to promote a clear identity, or at least one that appeals to the masses. I think this is an area that should be considered to make AMS 2 stand out.

Well said indeed!

And for this because the title simply was not good enough then its a positive that the 'brand/identity or even brand-identity is still being laid down. Its not known as anything just yet but in time when its more and more known it will come to be known as something - I.e judgement passed on it and slotted into our brains.

So I guess they still have that card.

As for your wonderful graph - thanks!!

Its exactly how I see it - and since we are lucky in that sim drivers are discerning about what they play - we can see the most popular ones (modding aside and content additions etc; we do see the clear progression).. the titles are where they should be probably.

Raceroom was the big surprise for me this/last year. Of course this is because I always figured 21' would be more of the year for AMS2.

The uptick for ACC is what I think AMS2 is aspiring to, and it could yet get a large upswell of support. If everything we know about this genre is as it is - I think that could come when the content is there..

Several reasons - tech versus unreal engine for example, or new tyre models or significant revisions, more cpu power to process things, lower cost of entry with new fantatec, etc, increased hardware competition, new market size, influx of users not tied to one thing, there must be more things.

yada yada... etc etc, dont mean to ramble.. - where do you and others see it based on patches like this - I think 2021 could be a time of significant growth. I just wouldn't know what to appeal to. For myself its a cohesive/complete package. A lot of these titles have simply not stepped up enough over time for various reasons to meet peoples expectations in that they were always lacking in some element (eg online play or tyre model) against a backdrop of people hoping for more and more realism - yet I see now how AMS2 could do that; ala Raceroom in late 2020; and we also see how company's are more willing to lend their licensing and be associated with these games not the least from the groundwork existing/seminal titles have laid. So it should mean some clear-skies for the genre lay ahead. :) According to my view - I hope it pans out well for the genre.

Example, we see E,A get in on things further, fanatec, increased ties via madness/kunos ect with people/tech companies, manufacturers, so its all moving ahead and making a wave or so I perceive; so on the consumer side there will be inevitable improvements I am guessing and popularity as a whole. I bet some is hit and miss but I think in good ways about a lot of the investment going on, plus some company's looking to reinvigorate what they currently do after variously successful/worse off attempts.

Last edited:
Because it is. Both built on PC2 engine. Reiza just managed to strip away a lot of features and make a worse UI

And in the meantime, made most cars from Pcars 2 drives better.

That analogy is essentially saying that rfactor 1, iracing and R3E are the same because they all use gmotor 1. Same for Pcars engine.

Honestly, hate the game all you want but it is getting unhelpful for you to keep sprouting this false information.

The game is developing nicely by the looks of it. I have just jumped into it for a few minutes again just to take the Ginetta GT40 Cup for a spin... and despite it being listed as 5 speed, it has 6! I decided to try it in the rain to get some nice screen shots, and it was great fun and challenging, but the windscreen wipers didn't work... then I got stuck in replay mode again. This could, and most likely will be a great sim, but those little niggles (getting stuck in replay mode is not minor though) have be be ironed out soon.

last update we had people complaining about gamepad support. I felt they were from other games mocking AMS2, ya know?

I am here today - my good thoughts above notwithstanding - to haha...no...

I can't say it... the mods don't like this kind of request....lol...and also its a free country(s)

ok..! I will ask here - great update, guys! - but ha - like where is the track-pad support????

Just dumbfounded a game like this (in 2021, mind you!!) does. not. have. track-pad support.

Boggles the mind. So all 2 of us need to get on this and really pile on the pressure - track pad acceleration, track pad DPI density, track pad turn signal processing, and trackpad dampening. And the one everyone's been pining for (forget silver raw 8.8.8.654.4) trackpad custom settings and auto-steer [for when the track pad is not up to the task]...

They - ah - and I did think hard about this - they need to be front and center hrmmm probably next to championship on the main menu. And the options need a gold star animation floating around them.

__

Note: I use 2 trackpads one for steering and one for the pedals. So multi track pad support is going to a thing surely.

:)

Yours sincerely,

Trackpad dude

Does the fact that other people enjoy AMS2 with a gamepad detract from your experience? Why this crusade against gamepads? If the game provides support for gamepad it's only normal that people ask for support.

Man, it always boggles my mind the lack of empathy and this simracing elitism.

The game is developing nicely by the looks of it. I have just jumped into it for a few minutes again just to take the Ginetta GT40 Cup for a spin... and despite it being listed as 5 speed, it has 6! I decided to try it in the rain to get some nice screen shots, and it was great fun and challenging, but the windscreen wipers didn't work... then I got stuck in replay mode again. This could, and most likely will be a great sim, but those little niggles (getting stuck in replay mode is not minor though) have be be ironed out soon.
Reiza faster than someone can complaint :sneaky: :roflmao:
The hotfix update is up since an hour

Last edited:
I didn't mention the G55 Supercup... the regular Ginetta G40 Cup is listed as a 5 speed H-Patten, but it has 6 gears. I'm sure you know the old saying about thinking that everyone else in the room is a fool. ;)
Alright fella's before we start calling each other fools calm down, cause you're both right... Kinda!

I've been testing the update till late last night and then most of the day pretty thuroughly in prep for a vid im making. I can assure you that one of you is right about the update and one of you is right about the number of gears. They were wrong and both acted like sequential, however i was testing whilst the fix'es dropped (theres been a couple). So now both cars have 6 gears even though one is sposed to have five. However since the fix I can happily confirm that the Cup car now acts like a H Pat (to test make sure auto clutch is turned off and try banging through the gears without the clutch, you'll see what i mean), whereas the GT5 car you can't short shift in and dont need the clutch going up and down throught the gears. :)

I must admit im a bit confused as it Looks like the early race version had a 5 speed manual then later on got a 6 Quaife Sequential, but then the road version had a 6 speed manual. Anyway im sure it will get sorted, as this fix was lightning fast as has come to be expected from the Reiza team.

Gotta say, they both drive great! :)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea