Automobilista 2 | Ginetta G40 Headlines V1.1.1.0 Update Release

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios have today released a new build update for the Automobilista 2 racing simulation - adding a number of fixes and improvements alongside the brand-new Ginetta G40 GT5 and Cup series.
  • Ginetta G40 GT5 and Cup added.
  • Multiple UI and HUD improvements.
  • Physics, AI and audio updates.

Another sizeable build update for Automobilista 2 has dropped today, as Reiza Studios continue to work hard polishing and updating the ever improving AMS 2 racing simulation. In this latest build release, allocated the V1.1.1.0 marker, the Brazilian development team have brought another wide selection of tweaks and improvements to the title, especially around both the physics and AI within the game.

Of those physics updates it is worth particular note to see the developers have further refined the tyre drop off values for the cars within the sim, hopefully bringing tyre life behaviour within the sim closer to the values of the real world equivalents.

As well as a healthy selection of changes to the main build of the title itself, another nice feature of this update is the inclusion of the small but mighty Ginetta G40 - in both Cup and GT5 form. Known for the intense racing action it produces over in the Ginetta Junior series in the UK, the car is an absolute favourite of the younger racing driver, and should make a very welcome addition to the simulation for us of the virtual racing fancy.

You can check out the full update change log from the new build below:

V1.1.0.5 -> V1.1.1.0 CHANGELOG

CONTENT

• Added Ginetta G40 to GT5 series
  • Added Ginetta G40 Cup series

GENERAL
  • LiveTrack now maintains rubber state between sessions.on a race weekend (rather than resetting to a "green" track at the start of every session)
  • Reduced base grip from a green track & increased grip range to max grip state

UI & HUD
  • Added option for German localization
  • Fixed wrong description on 'Edit HUD' menu option
  • Adjusted size and layout of ICM strategy menu to make current strategy more readable
  • Fixed scrollbar on Start Championship list
  • Fixed incorrect heavy fog icon
  • Fixed Race sessions showing practice length on lobby detail page
  • Fixed Add session start time to lobby detail page
  • Remove stray icon from formation lap info HUD element
  • Fixed text alignment of Retired/Pit indicator on replay/spectator leaderboards
  • Added missing translations for some recently released tracks
  • Added missing Edit Hud Description, Drive layout, FFB Damping translations
  • Fixed PIT text overflowing container on HUD leaderboard in some languages
  • Fixed issue where simulate/retirement screen could become unresponsive when choosing no during exit confirmation.
  • Adjusted loading screen gradient to provide more positive feedback at lower levels
  • Added leaderboard class icon for GT40Cup, Group A, JCW, TC60

PHYSICS
  • Further differential & driveline fine tuning; further reduced crankshaft mass (reduces overall engine inertia); reduced axle shaft mass & slightly reduced wheel bearing losses (slightly increases top speed & improves differential functionality)
  • Further tire tread adjustments for all cars (generally less speed sensitivity, slightly sharper peak slip angles)
  • Revised tire grip falloff rates when under and over optimal operating temperature, & added rates to several tires that didn´t feature substantial falloff rates
  • Further revisions to rain tire compounds
  • Slightly reduced efficiency of slicks on wet surface
  • Slightly increased tire automatic preheating ratio before race starts
  • Adjusted optimal temperature ranges for carbon & steel brakes
  • Adjusted brake heating & cooling rates for all cars
  • GT3 cars now use steel brakes instead of carbon ceramic
  • Revised Kart / superkart physics (tires, driveline)
  • Fixed errors in front tire tread for Fusca Classic FL
  • Fixed error on Super V8 Hard tire compound
  • Replaced Roco tire physics to better match the one from its P3 opponents
  • Slightly adjusted F-Classic G3M1 torque curve
  • Moved default brake bias slightly rearwards for F1 cars, Porsches, P1 cars (require setup reset)
  • Minor Procar Group A, Caterham, Porsche Cup & Superkart revisions (require setup reset)
  • Minor F-V10 G1 / Mclaren MP4-12 aero corrections to front wing yaw & pitch sensivity
  • Minor adjustments to default FFB (communicates rear end better from vehicle yaw rate developing on turn in and countersteer on rear tyres sliding)
  • Improved FFB damping function: it´s now non-linear with very little effect in small /slow steering inputs, more on really fast & bigger inputs
  • Reduced effects of tire flatspots on FFB
AI
  • Added parameter to callibrate AI traction off the line on a wet surface vs player
  • Added parameter to control how far ahead AI cars factor lapped cars ahead per type of car
  • Adjusted AI performance on wet (both on slicks and wet tires), correcting some generally large discrepancies in each case
  • General AI performance callibration pass for all cars
  • Further adjustments to AI throttle application for various cars
  • Further adjustments to AI aggression scalars per car
  • Further reduced AI lateral jerkiness/weaving/abruptness
  • General AI callibration for various cars
  • Bumped AI aggression scalars, reduced AI extra awareness with human scalars to better exploit latest AI code developments & better raceability

AUDIO
  • Sprint Race: Improved off-throttle pops, further polished engine sound loops
  • Caterham Academy: Improved off-throttle pops, further polished engine sound loops

TRACKS
  • Spa: Minor art pass
  • VIR: Rebuilt collision walls to latest tandards; fixed disappearing pit guy for north pitlane layouts
  • Velo Citta: Added terrain shadow casters; minor corrections & fixes
  • Hockenheim: Reduced road mesh noise; Minor bug fixes; Updated TV cameras & added VR cameras to all layouts
  • Reduced road mesh noise for Goiania, Jerez, Velopark
  • Interlagos Historic: Minor bug fixes
  • Cascais: Reduced road mesh noise, Fixed a few LOD pop issues
  • Montreal Modern:Reduced road mesh noise; minor bug fixes
  • Brands Hatch: Reduced road mesh noise; minor bug fixes
  • Spielberg:Reduced road mesh noise, minor bug fixes
  • Adjusted drone animations & removed excessive number on some tracks

VEHICLES
  • Added 8 new Chevette skins (10 in total)
  • Added street tire tread for external model of Camaro SS, McLaren F1, Ultima GTR, Copa Fusca, Opala 79 and Opala OldStock
  • Corrected headlights effect for Mclaren F1 GTR & BMW M6 GT3
  • Fixed kart LODs to avoid visible opponents legs popping
  • Further brake glow range adjustment to better match physics heating & cooling rates
  • F301 and F309: Improved cockpit windshield glass material and rain drops
  • Sprintrace: Added boot and wing to cockpit
  • Mini: Fixed wipers not working in cockpit view; Improved cockpit carbon material
  • Further adjusted backfire parameters (less backfiring when lifting off throttle)
  • Added visible onboard brake glow for cars with visible brake discs from cockpit
  • Gol Classic B: Corrected wrong number #94 now #65; 3 teammate skins added
  • Ginetta G40 Cup / GT5 livery updates to #05 #10 #28 #32 #38
  • Porsche 991 Cup 2: Fixed small glitch in cockpit model

Original Source: Reiza Studios

AMS 2 - available now exclusively to PC.

Want to know more about the sim? Got a trick or tip to share with the community? Fire up a thread in the AMS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment and share that knowledge!

AMS 2 Update 2.jpg

Last edited:
Just a quick note of mines...

- buying third party models is very common (like URD AUDI for AC)
- Reiza pays licenses to brands for those models too
- people moaning about ported models in a game but then they are happy to download the same ripped models for their favourite SIM

At the end of the day I don't care if they are using PC2 models, what I care the most is how the game runs on my system and how enjoyable if the physics/ffb.

Until now Reiza proved they know what they are doing (maybe with some rush/crunch) and every update and FREE addition is very welcome!

Last edited:
I don't mean to be a party pooper but I just can't seem to get into ams2....can't seem to get the right feel on my ts300. The original felt so natural. Also find with the ai, they seem to be a bit scared of you... I always seem to find that the car behind does not want to get too close and seems to back off? Is this just me? The game is beautiful but I just can't get into this at all
No mate its not just you, but don't worry its not as bad as you think. If you use virtual you will find cars behind you look about 3 times as far away as they actually are, which can lead you to think they are not hounding you enough, however hit the look back buttons/button for a sec and you'll see they are actually much closer. Its an FOV thing with the mirror, would like to see this updated.

So its not AS bad, but also they are a bit scared of you, I have found that the A.I. in this sim have some of the best accident avoidence ive ever seen when it comes to player car interaction (apart from side to side on certain corners on a couple of tracks), seen them do some amazing things.

If you are on a corner they can pull off some v clever overtakes (even round the outside sometimes) and they can pull off the occasional WTF did you just come from move! Which can be v imressive, but more often than not, especially on reasonably straight parts of the track, they will slipstream you (or if you've slowed) they will catch you right up, come right up to your bumper (but not hit you) and then slow right down again, rather than start to pull out for the overtake and fly past you. Its odd because when they are right beside you they hold their own, but they are not like say RF" or ACC's A.I. once they get behind, this is where they fall down a bit, but im damn sure its probably the next thing Reiza will be looking at. Have not had time to properly test the A.I as have been online with me mate Pete, for last hour testing a couple of cars, must say the updated feel of over the limit grip fall off feels v good! And I love the new Ginetta! Happy Boi here!

- people moaning about ported models in a game but then they are happy to download the same ripped models for their favourite SIM

At the end of the day I don't care if they are using PC2 models, what I care the most is how the game runs on my system and how enjoyable if the physics/ffb.

Until now Reiza proved they know what they are doing (maybe with some rush/crunch) and every update and FREE addition is very welcome!
Spot feckin on mate!

Here here free beer for you! Well said man.

I don't mean to be a party pooper but I just can't seem to get into ams2....can't seem to get the right feel on my ts300. The original felt so natural. Also find with the ai, they seem to be a bit scared of you... I always seem to find that the car behind does not want to get too close and seems to back off? Is this just me? The game is beautiful but I just can't get into this at all

this is long but its got a lot of good setup stuff in it. for turns and therefore fun levels

try the f309 open wheeler at brands hatch. you should be familiar enough with the track to drive it fast/at the limit=more fun/don't have to overdo it though but remember how easy hatch can be with high downforce cars and the non breaking aspect of it all; plus its had track updates/road surface etc and they should be apparent; then the car drives a lot better, you should have a lot of fun with it...so you will see a lovely cross-section of updates (drivetrain, tyres, suspension etc) and added drivability/fun/race-fun... compared with several months ago :)

(I do use a custom profile for ffb - but I based my opinion here on the default ffb, at 62 gain and I am satisfied with how its come along; so I am not saying even try it with a custom! :) )

OR take the McLaren f1 around there and note how much better it is. You'll probably have fun.

make sure to reset all car defaults i am pretty sure thats standard now. if you have not done so; calibrate wheel and pedal in game, and set to 900 in control panel.

dampening in game I have

-62 gain (for default, normal is 52-55 with the custom) but with some of the newer files (from their forums main custom thread first post) its great these days to use 100 gain for a tx/500/300 [and I have since dropped that down to 96 [this month... lol] probably with these customs; I use a tx and high end, damping with 50 seems to be a great fine tuner now (to blend in center feel and turn ala such as race room's smoothness. or turn down gain on too heavy cars in per-car settings. now the ffb is more tuned in game from the development, the full range seems to be there much better than it ever was in combination with physics....if you like lighter feel for longer races you can turn it down, because now the bumps are not excessive to have it higher

then 50, 50, 50, menu spring 30

I did that because the custom file calls for it, and its nice to know it feels GOOD on the default, have not tried custom yet.

Cool stuff...AND i have absolutely no need to crack out the game pad, and am glad development is going on unfettered.

With A.I - may be cut and go/guessing to dial it in for best racing, but it does exist in here. not as easy as race room to get it but just tinker.

Specifically: I am using and happy with default and custom 6.6.5.41, high end version as per above settings. main car drove this on was MCL f1 but its core principle was solid in ffb, so I am guessing the thread post was spot on about it; I tried and keep no less than 5 versions of custom and continually/monthly go over them via a method I use for reference.

Track used was brands for some cars, but imola as appropriate for faster driving. I say all this because to be objective this all above brought back the innitial nuance/fun factor, etc, these vehicles and ffb/physics the game had...f1....f309, etc etc... its not perfect and you can throw it around slightly too well [maybe; conjecture], but its definitely in the best shape of its life; feedback is good, weight to the steering, smooth, hope you have a good run with it too. on a graph the game is at least in the same ball park or quadrant now as race room for example; this month I mean saw it turn into a cohesive/overall very decent package =what one wants, surely, I rate RR very highly btw post 2020 last half. sublime.

eg: try getting rid of the snap oversteer in the gen1 f1 car at imola, and you will find a wonderful drive there; and also on bathurst. drivetrain 60, 4, 77, 54....viscous at 150.

note this car seems very sensitive to toe-in/out changes, normally leave that default but can experiment...instead can do it with springs and anti roll.

you can also tune down the anti-roll bars a notch or two as you do per track. they def made this car feel super powerful. its wonderful

so front anti-roll 140, back 90 (sometimes its 80, really depends on turns etc, so track specific by +/-20 I suppose) and then you just adjust the rest of how it feels in a turn.

______

^> you want a car to push itself around a turn predictably, so if you soften front you stiffen back... so if its not turning in you can soften things like springs, then check anti-roll for middle of the turn and allowing it to exit nice and flat.. then you do the differential. or may be you would check that at the start, but either way you dial it in.

so you do springs being softer to give travel and bite, etc mechanical grip, see how it goes into a turn, then does it settle so you can exit well, may be the diff, then the exit, or may be its other things.

and vice versa. same with other things, you may do opposite if its not working out for a track.

under turn (ams2s big problem for some time) you would soften front so you can tighten back going into turn, or over turn you would stiffen front and tighten back. then determine how much the mid corner roll is and get rid of that....and other things like does it hold true under full throttle etc.

____

ride height low is 30 front and 50 back. (more on this in a moment, some tracks do not like this)

down force is 20 and 6 atm and handles nicely

slow bump settings is NOT 5750 iirc, I put those two dampeners to 5000, and its more settled for most tracks.

--->>> then try ride height at 35 with a bump stop of 15. but normally I have ride height at 30 and bump of 10, but noticed telemetry at imola was really flat for travel and seemed too hard if anything maybe. but the more tyres warm up the better.

So what I did then for camber is -3 on front and -2 on back. can further alter this if you want, but seems ok...same with ride height can probably even make it slightly higher at back..but I noted it was 47 min and I had 50, dont want to go too high, but maybe a bump stop there is better. so I did 52 at rear, seems ideal for imola.

^> It should glide over the road now nicely anyway at 35. and 52

but do not forget AMS2 simulates conditions very well, possible you must do this for anti roll bar at each and every track a little different, imola has some elevations; bathurst this setup was good, as the hill can be dealt with, and half the track is down hill.

break bias is 65 front, duct opening for front is slightly higher and pressure is 95...guess short races and all that it does not matter.

Tyre pressure you can play with as you can camber and iirc 10 degrees difference from each side of tyre but it seems fine.

You can do more down force if you want I guess but above it fine.

therefore now you have adjusted the anti roll, you can reverse it too if you do not corner well - but now to accommodate that perhaps try stiffening the front springs by 1 or 2 notches. this car can really over turn because so much power in back wheels. and we already softened it a little....that was for normal turning...but for corners it needs help I would think for imola.

Y? ^ travel is very low for this car in the setup, maybe 2cms! lol... and its very stiff and bouncy as it is, may be it even has a longitudal spring in it....so I set front spring 140 iirc, but see what you like. can see all that in telemetry in-game

--> Thats from 3cm of front height on the car, it moves 1cm max, at high speed.

See what we're dealing with here?

so for such a car brake bias is 60-65 depending for you toward the front and open the duct maybe a little on it, and pressure up to 100.

if you want to raise it and let it bounce more that could work too. the reason it became like this is because with how it is it corners so well, it just throws out its back a fair bit which I like.

^ my setup will get you a lively, fun, almost too powerful back end (so forget about the back end not existing, it definitely does in AMS2) and you can enjoy yourself with that because it also stays on the road alright - just macro-tune per track the downforce. first gen 1 f1 car, that is. but do them all I reckon.

__

There was one car a very good driver said once he would put it into neutral to get around a corner - this could be that car. haha. corners very well and a LOT of fun to drive

Last edited:
What aggression and ai strength are you using?
I have no idea if every vehicle has had ai optimization.....but, using the sprint car at 105 strength and aggression 100 the ai was blocking and passing me every time I gave them opening on the inside.
Multiple times I went 2 wide, where I thought they would just give up and fall back like most sims.

In fairness....this was only with one combo and need to test more.

while my last post suggest a lot of things I think I should also mention that if people are not having that 'fun' level to their expectations they should adjust settings of the car as well. this update things definitely drive a LOT better than ever, combined with my mentioned/your preferred "ideal" ffb, but a change of the setup goes a LONG way

Case in point, I got the ultima to go round imola a lot better with adjustments, but just in case people cant 'get' it - it must be stated that ultima gtr will NEVER drive around imola like a McCLaren f1...

so the point of this post is that more than ever the fine-tuning of cars and noting the differences is better than ever - each thing does what it should do. In the past 6 months I have taken a lot of time across a lot of games to work out how to tune things. and AMS2 just jumped into the same bag as some others, which is very good to see..and for a computer game you would judge that on input versus output - input and the reaction/change you get out so to tune it for the track without messing about - so the game engine is showing its shine now. Thats despite the defaults being better than ever too

Last edited:
I "parked" AMS2 after the last update (prior to this one). I'd lost all connection with the FFB and was so tired of spinning out with no feeling whatsoever. Turning into corners felt like I was pushing into corners, not turning. I went so far as to turn off updating for AMS2 in Steam. Today I was bored, noticed there was a new update and figured why not take a look. 4 hours later I'm dumbfounded. The "minor" FFB fix in today's (yesterday now) update is game changing for me. I ran race after race and every single time I felt I was losing the rear-end, I was able to get it back. It felt like I was turning into and out of corners, not pushing into and out of them. Whatever this "minor" change was, it put AMS2 back on my favorites.

The bouncing in the cockpit view is more subdued. Still more than I'd like, but it's no worse than some other sims at this point. Would still like an option to turn it down more, across the entire line of cars.

I will say I saw some Wreckfest quality AI wrecks when starting from the back. Nothing more to say about the AI, was not my focus today.

I would like to see a priority be put on getting the YES/NO, OK, and EXIT options on the main screen with triple screens. This is really causing me neck strain. Other than that, good work on this last update. Now I'll go purchase the DLC I held off on.

Edit: I do not use Custom and Silver Raw. I prefer AMS 2 and Fanalab.

Last edited:
Yes the bouncing of the view, and the YES NO OK EXIT options far away from each other are also things that make the use of VR quite more difficult. Apart from that, fantastic sim and I am excited to try the update later.

Last edited:
last update we had people complaining about gamepad support. I felt they were from other games mocking AMS2, ya know?

I am here today - my good thoughts above notwithstanding - to haha...no...

I can't say it... the mods don't like this kind of request....lol...and also its a free country(s)

ok..! I will ask here - great update, guys! - but ha - like where is the track-pad support????

Just dumbfounded a game like this (in 2021, mind you!!) does. not. have. track-pad support.

Boggles the mind. So all 2 of us need to get on this and really pile on the pressure - track pad acceleration, track pad DPI density, track pad turn signal processing, and trackpad dampening. And the one everyone's been pining for (forget silver raw 8.8.8.654.4) trackpad custom settings and auto-steer [for when the track pad is not up to the task]...

They - ah - and I did think hard about this - they need to be front and center hrmmm probably next to championship on the main menu. And the options need a gold star animation floating around them.

__

Note: I use 2 trackpads one for steering and one for the pedals. So multi track pad support is going to a thing surely.

:)

Yours sincerely,

Trackpad dude

Last edited:
One thing this clearly has over race room just now is the M1 pro car.

Yes its amazing, not that rr3e is bad.

So there's that, the gen 1 f1 is superb and the other one I did a fair bit of today was McLaren f1.

Entering the amazement-zone.

edit: and the old amg merc too. but I also in addition have been driving a lot of the older cars past few months and watched them all get way better.

Last edited:
I'm a default driver. I drive nearly everything as I find them unless it's something like the Lotus 49 where people said the default setup was way off.

If I raced online I guess I'd have to get back into figuring out setups but for offline I'm happy to take them as I find them.

So many setup resets. Ah well, I guess that's what happens when you play an early access game- wait...
And so it happens in almost every other sims when the devs change something setup-related. Raceroom, iRacing, ACC just to name a few. Basically none of our sims are finished products, they are all ongoing projects (live services). Welcome to 2001... wait.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back