Resource icon

Misc AssettoByNight 2.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
what's the trick to get it to look darker? it's still bit too bright

F715DE90FBE7604E1471F9C783B4E3B755336312

what's the trick to get it to look darker? it's still bit too bright

F715DE90FBE7604E1471F9C783B4E3B755336312
Look, you may tweak the filter.ini file of the relevant scenario reducing a bit the brightness value.
Anyway, consider that the "legacy" scanarios were developed a long time ago before the DL patch came, so the lighting is not optimal anymore.

I suggest you to try the DuskToDusk and DarkIsTheNight. They have been designed for the DL patch and they both lead to a darker night. They start at sunset and then proceed into the deep night and then sunrise. Use them as set Time Multiplier between 5 (for a race weekedn) and 10 (for a quick race; with 10 you should get into deep night roughly after 10 minutes playtime).

Im sorry, im new to Assetto Corsa. Im trying to read the info on how to install and its as clear as mud. What is the legacy edition? I've just paid for the full edition of CM, what folders do i extract and where? There seems to be many different versions as well. I've just downloaded Dynamic Lights, so which folder to i extract where? I dont have a weather folder in the root of the game, so i wont be overwriting anyting as the OP suggests to do?? Any ideas...im totally confused.

great looking mod!
just the installation process is WAY WAY too complicated.
I'm familiar with all this, so that's ok, but many people won't understand how to install it for sure

- edit: here is an idea to have things simpler for users
you could (should) have the directories ready in the zip file
system/shader/cfg/ppfilters/yourfiles
content/weather/yourfiles
etc.​
so people unzipping the archive in [...]\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\ don't have anything else to worry about :)
And have different zip archives by options (performance, quality etc.)

just my 2 cts

Again, brilliant looking moonlight! Great idea you had there!

Last edited:
great looking mod!
I'm familiar with all this, so that's ok, but many people won't understand how to install it for sure
Yep, totally agree, I'm fresh over from playing AMS so am totally new to AC. I'm sure it's a great mod, but I can't make out what is meant to go where. The same in regards to the weather system mods!

Last edited:
Hi,
I've just completed the process of installing shaders patch/Dynamic Lights, GBW and Assetto by night 2.1.

Now I have the full 24 hr time span available in AC/CM (took a while to work out GBW enables this - I think), is there any way to integrate this into Assetto by night?

By this I mean an option to make the cm dynamic light editions (dusk to dusk, dark is the night, etc) start at the time set in CM? i.e, set the time in CM to say 0500 and the sequence starts from that time, instead of sunset?

And also for the Legacy (city by night, etc), to support the full 24hr clock, instead of having to set the time to 1100-1400?
The reason for this is the excellent Watkins Glen just released by LilSki only turns on pole lights, sign lights, etc if the time is past 2200.

Yes, GBW has night weathers, but as far as I know they don't include stars. After running ABN with stars, they are a must for me.

edit: I should mention I'm talking about in VR - driving around looking up at the stars is amazing.

Cheers,
Divxmaster

Last edited:
great looking mod!

- edit: here is an idea to have things simpler for users
you could (should) have the directories ready in the zip file
system/shader/cfg/ppfilters/yourfiles
content/weather/yourfiles
etc.​
so people unzipping the archive in [...]\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\ don't have anything else to worry about :)
And have different zip archives by options (performance, quality etc.)

just my 2 cts

Again, brilliant looking moonlight! Great idea you had there!
I fully agree. ;)

Pls, guys,,,
- Can anyone tell me if this mod enables the day for 24hs?
- What should I install beyond this mod and what sequence should I follow?
I'm lost and confused. help, please...

Hi! Recently downloaded the mod and had a bit of fun with it, but I've run into a bit of a problem after using it.
For some reason, whenever I try to load up a race, I get booted out after it's nearly done setting it up. This was after I reset a session when I intended to go back to the pits and restart a run.

If you can give me any solutions, that'd be great!

Hello,
Is there a way to change the visibility in night driving by increasing the field of vision of the car headlights in depth and width?
in practice to illuminate farther away in front of us and open the beam of the headlights also laterally.
if it were possible to know how to change, thank you.

I use the Sol graphics mod and the horizon shades mod and now when I try the use one of these weathers it just corelates to the time of day and not the weather. Do you know why?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.