Resource icon

Misc AssettoByNight 2.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
fabrizio piedepesante updated AssettoByNight with a new update entry:

"CM Dynamic Lights Patch + News" Edition

Hi guys, it's been a while sine last update. Believe or not I've been working for you.
This update brings news (hopefully good) to Content Manager users. For vanilla AC launcher user no news, just a question? Why havent you got Content Manager yet? You are hurting yourself and you will miss something special in the near future....

CM Dynamic Lights add-on patch: This release brings a patch for those using CM with Dynamic Lights mod...

Read the rest of this update entry...

are you telling us we are getting day and night cycle and four seasons and rain?

that cant be is it????

Last edited:
Thank you for the work you are doing on AC.
You didn't make a donation box. I would ... at the very least ... like to buy you a beer. Or three!

Last edited:
Thank you for this mod, it is really good fun! Am I the only one that doesn't like the pp filters? I'm using VR and they all are way too light. The clouds are all white like it's daytime, I tried changing from PB clouds back to default but it didn't seem to make a difference. Moongaze horizon is too blue/green to my eyes and the moon is also very bright, I'm getting god rays and proper moonshine hitting me. When I lift the HMD it does look more natural on my TV screen but at the moment I prefer racing using the clear weather preset. It would be nice to have some stars though and just visible clouds and maybe the moon which you don't get with the clear preset. Is anyone else using VR having a similar experience to me?

Edit: I also tried pasting the included weather presets over the default one that we have to use in VR but it didn't help.

Thank you for this mod, it is really good fun! Am I the only one that doesn't like the pp filters? I'm using VR and they all are way too light. The clouds are all white like it's daytime, I tried changing from PB clouds back to default but it didn't seem to make a difference. Moongaze horizon is too blue/green to my eyes and the moon is also very bright, I'm getting god rays and proper moonshine hitting me. When I lift the HMD it does look more natural on my TV screen but at the moment I prefer racing using the clear weather preset. It would be nice to have some stars though and just visible clouds and maybe the moon which you don't get with the clear preset. Is anyone else using VR having a similar experience to me?

Edit: I also tried pasting the included weather presets over the default one that we have to use in VR but it didn't help.
I'd also like some options with darker clouds for VR, if possible. I find I've been using the Black Night weather as my default because the white clouds are a little distracting.
Fantastic mod though, very impressive.

I'd also like some options with darker clouds for VR, if possible. I find I've been using the Black Night weather as my default because the white clouds are a little distracting.
Fantastic mod though, very impressive.
Thanks, I just downloaded that mod as well. It was a little brighter than the standard clear version of this mod but some flashing/flickering light I was getting with assettobynight was gone. I wanted Black Night a little darker though so I changed the colour curves to something inbetween the 2 mods. I think I like it best so far. Here is the slightly darker version if you are interested (drop it into the 8_Black_Night folder in content>weather)

Attachments

• colorCurves.ini
    212 bytes · Views: 309

Full Night Edition

Update only for Content Manager users using Dynamic Lights mod.
4 new scenarios ranging from sunset to sunrise
DuskToDusk, scenario starting at sunset and ending at sunrise with fading stars
DarkIsTheNight, like DuskToDusk, but the sky at nitght is a bit darker

Moony
, scenario starting at sunset and ending at sunrise with Moon and fading stars
HazyMoon, scenario starting at sunset and ending at...

@fabrizio piedepesante
Sorry if to this question there is an obvious answer, but i just downloaded cm and im still getting the hang of it. After loading any weather, there is a new pp filter showing up as cm weather, and im guessing its the right filter to go with the partcular track. But with the 4 new weathers introduced with assettobynight2, following the instructions section, there are no new pp filters installed, and the cm weather one is very dark even with the lights on. Am i missing something here, or i am just supposed to set the pp filter manually to default for example?
PS: with a brighter filter the mod is amazing

Last edited:
Hi,
My game now instantly crashes upon loading map after attempting to update to the 2.0 release. As far as I'm aware, I've followed instructions correctly, although this will be the first time I'm transitioning to the CM version. Previously, I would use JSGME in conjunction with the AC launcher files. I've deleted the relevant weather folders and their respective filters and still cannot get into a race. Am I missing something? Would appreciate if someone could help me troubleshoot. I'm using VR (Lenovo Explorer) if that makes a difference.
Cheers

@fabrizio piedepesante
Sorry if to this question there is an obvious answer, but i just downloaded cm and im still getting the hang of it. After loading any weather, there is a new pp filter showing up as cm weather, and im guessing its the right filter to go with the partcular track. But with the 4 new weathers introduced with assettobynight2, following the instructions section, there are no new pp filters installed, and the cm weather one is very dark even with the lights on. Am i missing something here, or i am just supposed to set the pp filter manually to default for example?
PS: with a brighter filter the mod is amazing

Sorry. I'm not sure I understood. The cm_weather is the mod filter. With the 2.0 the ppf filters (in case you want to manually select them) are located in the "CM_DL_Edition/ppfilters" folder. Yo have to copy and paste in the AC ppfilters folder.
Anyway the new scenarios at deep night are a bit darker than the usual ones.
For your convenience these are my favourite settings for the Dynamic Lighting feature:
BRIGHTNESS_MULTIPLIER=1.5
HEADLIGHTS_SATURATION_MULTIPLIER=0.7

Hi,
My game now instantly crashes upon loading map after attempting to update to the 2.0 release. As far as I'm aware, I've followed instructions correctly, although this will be the first time I'm transitioning to the CM version. Previously, I would use JSGME in conjunction with the AC launcher files. I've deleted the relevant weather folders and their respective filters and still cannot get into a race. Am I missing something? Would appreciate if someone could help me troubleshoot. I'm using VR (Lenovo Explorer) if that makes a difference.
Cheers

Strange. I'd like to help you but I really doubt I can.
I do not see how the Assetto By Night "per se" can do this. Also if you delete the mod files and the problem still persists, then there must be something wrong if the way you are using CM.
I assume you have CM full edition (donation based), is this the case?

Strange. I'd like to help you but I really doubt I can.
I do not see how the Assetto By Night "per se" can do this. Also if you delete the mod files and the problem still persists, then there must be something wrong if the way you are using CM.
I assume you have CM full edition (donation based), is this the case?
No, it isn't the full version, but I've not had issues with it prior to doing this and I'm not sure how or where I managed to mess things up. I may have been using the AC Launcher files previously. Perhaps I should reinstall the game and start from scratch?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but assuming I install the mod again, I must:
  1. Use the CM Launcher weather folders from within the Balanced, Performance, or Quality folders
  2. Copy the DynamicLights_OPTION weather folders and override the previous, then chuck the filters in the appropriate folder
  3. Add the weathers and filters from the CM_DL_Edition
Does that sound right? Am I forgetting anything?

Cheers

Small lighting adjustments

Very small update.
Some people complained that some of the new scenarios introduced in 2.0 were a bit too dark, and I agree.
Increased the diffuse light of both DarkIsTheNight and DuskToDusk (the former still a bit darker than the latter for obvious reasons).
Minor changes to HazyMoon.

Last words.
Someone asked if the Legacy edition and DL Edition are compatible, and if you can use both ones.
The answer is obviously YES.
I'm not replacing the old ones, I'm just adding a few ones, it's...

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea