Resource icon

Misc AssettoByNight 2.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
fabrizio piedepesante submitted a new resource:

AssettoByNight - Weather suite for the night cycle

Hello everyone.
I'm using GoodAndBadWeather mod (along with Content Manager) and I love it. But while I'm overwhelmed by the number of daylight scenarios I felt the need of some variations in low light conditions.
I looked for visually appealing scenarios where I could feel the darkness while still being able to drive, but none of the night mods I tried worked out for me.
So I designed my own ones, specifically the scenarios "Moonlight" and "CityByNight".
Then i decided to create further...

Read more about this resource...

fabrizio piedepesante updated AssettoByNight with a new update entry:

General improvements to visuals, immersion and usability

Major changes
  • Completely redesigned the "Sunrise Hazy"scenary, now much more in line with what I had in mind. Succeded in combining sun, clouds and haze. Works great on road track circtuits (see new video of "Sunrise Hazy" at Highlands).
  • Significant changes in "Moonrise" scenary; more drammatic and immersive, now one of my favourites (watch new video of "Moonrise" at Nordschleife)

Minor changes
  • "Sunrise" scenary; minor change...

Read the rest of this update entry...

VERY NICE !!
but it will always miss light of headlights, kuno"s 3D engine doesn't have dynamic light, that's why there isn't night.
Maybe wait for AC 2, cause without headlight, it's a little bit crap.
Your work is awesome, but Kuno's 3D engine is actually outdated.

Does this work in VR with the automatic PP filters? Seems like God rays are everywhere.

Edit: I definitely can't seem to get it to look like your videos when driving in VR. Maybe the PP filters need to be selected manually? If so - where are they?
Thanks.

Last edited:

Changes in Sunrise Clean + minor stuff

Major changes
  • Redesigned the "Sunrise Clean" scenario, now more in line with what I had in mind, but still need some work.
Minor changes
  • "Moonlight" scenario; decreased the brightness of the scene and tweaked the exposure to grant adequate visibility in cockpit view while improving the darkness feel from external cameras (replay). Pretty solid, watch the new video at Black Cat County

Improvement of SUNRISE CLEAN scenery and other visual/usability tweaks

Major changes
  • Major improvement of "Sunrise Clean" scenery (sky, clouds and sun). Nothing groundreaking but should look nice.
  • Changes in "CityByNight" scenery; improved darkness, fixed an issue (in some tracks distant mountains could pitch to light blue), improved visibility in cockpit view (now far corners should more easy to spot). Overall more immersive and functional.
Other changes
  • Improvement of headlights (more balanced...

Minor update - Bahrain edition

Minor changes
  • Minor tweaking of "CityByNight" scenery; improved just a bit the visibility in cockpit view for occasional very dark track sectors. Decreased the ghost/afterimage effects in order to fit better with tracks with several sources of lighting (such as night tracks).
Other changes
  • Changed few asphalt temperature parameters, to improve grip (previous one were a bit too punitive)
Lastly, we are just about to enter into the...

Major Change - Starlight Edition

Major changes
  • The Sky (in Moonlight and CityByNight sceneries) now has stars. To achieve that I had to embed textures (this is the reason the archive has increased its size). Stars pattern could be improved, but it is already OK, overall.
Minor changes
  • Minor tweaks of CityByNight profile
  • Minor changes to the sky (colors/brightness) of Moonlight and CityByNight
Working on improvement of Moonrise and maybe the design of another new...

Stable Release - Several changes/fixes

This release brings many small changes/optimizations, too many to mention all, below the most relevant ones.
Sunrise Misty: no changes.
Sunrise Clean: changes of sky colour, clouds pattern, light at groud level and sun godrays. The sun is still too high but I cannot do anything about that. Overall it is very good.
Moonrise: changes of sky colour, clouds pattern, light at groud level, and added few stars. Fixed brakes lights (too strong in previus releases). It is...

Final Release - Seriously

I know, I Know, in v1.5 I stated no major release would come, and here I am again few hours later with a significant upgrade, the v1.6. I lost all my credibility.
The point is that with the v1.4 I anticipated I was working on a new scenery, which actually designed, the "F1ByNight".
F1ByNight is the twin brother of CityBynight and it is an optimization the latter for use with Formula cars (not necessarely Formula 1).
I did not include it in the v1.5 because I thought it could be...

Performaces Release

This release brings performance optimizations.
In the archive (for each launcher) you will find three folders for three profiles:
- Quality
- Balance
- Performance
Select one and install as usual. If you change your mind on the profile to use, just select another one and drop in the proper location according to the usual procedure and overwrite (it is safe).

Quality, as the word suggests, maximize quality. Performance mazimize performaces. Balance sits in the middle....

You should be able to run a custom server on your PC and play in LAN or WAN (opening your router ports). When it comes to race hosted on external servers I do not know, it should be possible but I've not tried.
In any case all clients should have the mod installed.
Just try.

Many minor fixes and improvements

Major changes
  • Completely redesigned EveningEve (because it was ugly). Now it looks nice and it's close to what I had in mind.
  • Redesigned Sunrise Clean to secure a consistent behaviour when used in weekends or long races
  • Minor tweaks to Sunrise Misty (improvement of sun and clouds)
  • Improvement of Sunset in terms of visibility and visual appeal
  • Improvement of Moonlight; it was almost perfect but I noticed that in some rare cases (2 curves in Nordschleife for...

Hello, this is a great mod. I´m using it without the content manager. Just want to ask regarding how to select the dedicated PPF filter. Says there that it´s done after launching the race and before driving. Is it done via an app like the ones found on the right of the screen?

Thanks again for the night mod, the game feels more complete!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 141 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 251 13.3%