Assetto Corsa v0.6.5 out now!

My Iracing subscription just elapsed, and I was still at rookie level and just couldn't stand the lack of any grip in the Miata. Not to mention a week after I got it AC was released and I enjoy it far more.

None of the cars in iracing feel like they have tires made out of rubber to me so I let my membership lapse several months ago too.....A couple days after the latest build I tried a couple cars using a friends account and the newest version of the tire still felt almost as bad as all the other version to me......but there are plenty of people that think iracing feels as good to them as AC feels to us so who really knows who is right?

The MP4 12C is one of the best sim cars i have driven the sounds are a lot better as well, it really feels like you are in control of a fully sorted GT racer you can just push and push then it will bite but the limits are insane.

I have noticed the performance has took a slight dive though. I could run 15 A.I no problem before this update but the fps is all over the place now hope we get a fix quick.

• Deleted member 151827

None of the cars in iracing feel like they have tires made out of rubber to me so I let my membership lapse several months ago too.....A couple days after the latest build I tried a couple cars using a friends account and the newest version of the tire still felt almost as bad as all the other version to me......but there are plenty of people that think iracing feels as good to them as AC feels to us so who really knows who is right?
The RUF Track feels very natural.....That is until they screwed up the transmission! Now you never know if the thing is gonna downshift. I to will let my membership slide in March which is sad because of the amount of money i have tied up in content. :( If i could i would take that huge amount of cash away from iracing and send it AC's way.

@Michael Hornbuckle how do you feel about rfactor 2? It feels worse than iracing to me. As far as feel, we both own cars and we both have driven them in the rain and not wrapped said cars around a tree at 30 mph. Yet taking a turn in the Miata, at 40 mph on a sunny day would send you flying of the track so fast you would think you had slicks on in a driving rain storm!

I wish I could have more time to put in some more laps today. But the best Valentine's gift was the MP4-12C GT3! I love you Kunos! :inlove:

Wanted to do some iRacing today (RUF @ Silverstone, dont own the mp4 over there). But the update came before I was ready to to start racing. So I installed that before my iR Session and done a quick test in the MP4 GT3. And at first I was a bit disappointed, felt a little tooo soft in the steering for me. After some quick laps I started iRacing.

But it was like everytime when I done AC first, and then iR: iRacing is just lacking in feel for the car/road. It was really NOT enjoyable.

So, after some unmotivated laps, I fired up AC again. And after some more laps I start to enjoy the Macca. :)

I think rf2 is quite good actually, well, once you get the track rubbered in anyways....The cars still spin out leaving me with a "why the hell did it do that" feeling more than I would like but if not for AC rf2 would probably be my sim of choice.

My buddy doesn't own the RUF so I didn't get to try it but I doubt it is night and day different from the other cars on the newest tire model; and it would have to be for me to truly be impressed.

If my real car drove like the cars in iracing I wouldn't let my wife drive across the street to the store. For me AC feels the closest to a real car of any sim I have ever tried..I have never had to learn how to "drive the game", I just do what feels natural and what I would do if in a real car and it works. Truth be told, if not for AC I would probably sell my wheel and pedals and stick to "arcade" or "simcade" games I could drive with a gamepad.

Back on topic, the brakes in the McLaren are unreal!!

Wanted to do some iRacing today (RUF @ Silverstone, dont own the mp4 over there). But the update came before I was ready to to start racing. So I installed that before my iR Session and done a quick test in the MP4 GT3. And at first I was a bit disappointed, felt a little tooo soft in the steering for me. After some quick laps I started iRacing.

But it was like everytime when I done AC first, and then iR: iRacing is just lacking in feel for the car/road. It was really NOT enjoyable.

So, after some unmotivated laps, I fired up AC again. And after some more laps I start to enjoy the Macca. :)

I don't know if you saw this video but Chris Harris said that the steering felt light in his review of it. Kunos may again nailed the virtual version of a car!

Really enjoying the MP4, although once that rear end goes on the exit of a corner it's almost impossible to rescue with opposite lock. Anyone else finding this?

Setup is in need of changing, Me and my Team Mate have been at it for past few hours. I will share tomorrow a set for Silverstone, we are only lapping around 2:02 at the min but its stable.

One thing we noticed are the VERY high Caster angles of 9.9, these cant be changed so wondering if something missing from the setup? High values like that will cause oversteer with a bit too much lock on turn in.

Setup is in need of changing, Me and my Team Mate have been at it for past few hours. I will share tomorrow a set for Silverstone, we are only lapping around 2:02 at the min but its stable.

Found out, that with some setup changes the turn-in oversteer I encountered can be easily reduced. Just gave more tire-pressure at the front and less at the rear. And reduced the rear ARB too. Stiffen the front shocks helps too. Makes the care more understeer in general, but feels even more planted to me. :)

Found out, that with some setup changes the turn-in oversteer I encountered can be easily reduced. Just gave more tire-pressure at the front and less at the rear. And reduced the rear ARB too. Stiffen the front shocks helps too. Makes the care more understeer in general, but feels even more planted to me. :)

Big issue is actually lack of downforce on the rear at high speed, put wing to 7, lower the front more than the rear to about 60mm on front and 72mm on rear and you should be somewhere near, dont need to change tyre pressures. I'll post setup tomorrow but its lovely and stable and quick.

I found somehow that as soon as I dropped pressures to 23 front and 22 on the rears, with Medium tyres, then just drove very smoothly, felt great to me, just needed to get used to it, and my first lap driving this calm and calculated style, with just changing the pressures meant I improved to 2:02.8 . Not the quickest but I must say, I love this car. You can really feel that compared to the Z4 this carbon monocoque does make a difference and why I heard people say this is the closest a GT3 car ever got to a purpose built race car.

unbelievable. Can`t believe how intuitive this car feels, I instantly became an apex hunter. Also the braking just feels marvellous! Best update so far, am I the only one noticing the new curb sounds, or is it my imagination... It sounds awesome.
Anyway here is a setup for Imola (attached it). Maybe someone will give it a try.
Right now I`m having a LOT of fun on Vallelunga with this thing :)
Cheers.

Attachments

• mine.ini
    1.6 KB · Views: 285
Normally I'm a street car person all the way...In real life I love to watch the GT race cars and of course would love to drive one, but in the sim I am slow and can't get along with the fast race cars at all...........but now I am falling in love with the MP-12 GT3....even though I am slow this car is AMAZING!!!!!!

The brakes, the sounds....Wow!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back