Assetto Corsa v0.6.5 out now!

I guess to go back to topic since I derail so many lol. What are peoples impressions of the progress in the update? I for one hoped they got to the AI some more but the size of the team shows they are punching far above they're weight. They are accomplishing things at a break neck speed but can't do it all at once for such a demanding community. The level of quality this SIM has is awe inspiring!

Will all the future updates be in .5 increments? I for one don't see a problem with that.

I was a bit disappointed by the lack of any meaningful progress on the AI...if we can't race each other in MP it would be nice having something better than drunken monkeys to race with off-line.

A new track (nords F1 GP) would have been really nice too.

Now that a day has passed I am happily hotlapping again (the s3 BMW and Lotus are great) and am generally pleased with what we have so far. The little taste of mech damage that we get in the S3 1M is already enough to show just how much more involved the driving will be down the road.

I was a bit disappointed by the lack of any meaningful progress on the AI...if we can't race each other in MP it would be nice having something better than drunken monkeys to race with off-line.

A new track (nords F1 GP) would have been really nice too.

Now that a day has passed I am happily hotlapping again (the s3 BMW and Lotus are great) and am generally pleased with what we have so far. The little taste of mech damage that we get in the S3 1M is already enough to show just how much more involved the driving will be down the road.
I don't think they touched the AI at all in this update, from what I remember in the release notes.

As for the 1m s3, I'm conflicted. I really enjoyed the base model a lot and it felt like the successor to the e30 m3 but the upgraded version almost seems like the engine is to powerful for the chassie and brakes. I liked it but it was really understeery. I'm going to have to put more time into learning how to extract the best laptime from it.

• Deleted member 151827

The Mclaren really comes around to small setup changes. Just rear wing setting makes a large difference in oversteer! Love this car! Thanks Kunos! :)

A Formula Ford would make the sim complete. Coolest open wheeler car I can imagine having :thumbsup:

would love to see the F14t or FIAT :inlove:

and it would be great if AC remembered my virtual rear mirror
now i sometimes suddenly miss that rearview the next race and too busy to reach for the f11 button for the so maniest time

im greatfull for the regulair updates ,,and i like how different is all is compared to Rfactor 2
RF2 never felt like a final release because the modding already made a chaos
every race a different mod wich only worked if you had old mods wich where nowhere to be found no longer

ac does a much better job ,taking its fans more serious

the only luxury problem i have ,is that once im used to certain cars ,and think they feel perfect ,the next update can totally mess that up
like with the Ferrari 599
i used to love that car ,until the last update,,but gladly there is the mclaren gt3

THANKS KUNOS for all the efforts and hard work
even though we act as spoiled brads every now and then :sneaky:

Very impressed with the new GT3 too - it drives like a dream.

Just dipped into the 1:59's at Silverstone after what, 15 laps or so, which is over a second faster than I managed in the BMW Z4 GT3 the other day after many more. Not sure what to make of that to be honest... lol

As it stands, though, a new favourite for me.
Yeah, same here. My best with the Z4 was 1:35.4 at Vallelunga...the MP4 is 1:34.2, waaaay faster. In watching ALMS, the announcers kept saying that the Z4 is faster in the corners...yet from my racing, it seems the MP4 is...?

Early Access 0.6.6
- Fixed old replays engine sound
- Launcher :: fixed small issues
- Audio : fixed low volume in a file

- Oculus Rift improvements
- High fov on single screen (>80 degrees) rendering fix
- Car physics & apps fixes
- Balanced opponents volume
- Some ranking fixes
- fixed closing AC while a replay was playing after a race
- Replay performance improvements
- Fixed real time position on restart
- Best lap is kept when restarting session
- Fixed look back on replay
- Engine smoke when damaged
- Engine damage (not balanced yet)
- McLaren MP4-12C GT3
- Upgrade BMW 1M Stage 3
- Upgrade Lotus Evora Stage 2
- Ferrari 599XX Aero center of pressure adjusted
- Ferrari 599XX improved cockpit view and adjusted bonnet cam
- Small aero improvements on BMW Z4 GT3, M3 GT2 and P4/5 Competizione
- New overboost function BMW Z4 Drift (keys 1-0 for 10% to 100% turbo boost. 80% default)
- Engine damage when turbo overboost is over 80% on cars that support it
- Engine damage from overreving the enging (i.e. downshifts)
- Steam friends leaderboard & Friends Leaderboard app for hotlap, drift & time attack

Re-connected my wheel for the first time in 8 (omg!) weeks and must say I very much enjoyed the latest update. Driving that McLaren is a blast :inlove: The GT3 category in AC is really impressive.

If Kunos is able to add a few more licenses I can finally stop dreaming of GTR3 as we already have it then in AC.

it might be possible that one driver IRL could make a different times after driving both cars,but might not be such a big difference...or will there :O_o:
Also i think it will be impossible to have same lap time on 3-4 different cars in the same class,because of the small differences in engine,suspension,aerodynamics and lots of other things...
This time we have a proper SIM and cars will handle way different than they used to.

okay.
i take back my last posts. the mclaren is not bad. i think its normal that i lost the rear when i turn in with 200 km/h. and its real that you cant so easy countersteer at 200 km/h.
but iam waiting for the mercedes sls amg gt3.

its only my impression or is the performence better?
i can play with high settings since last update(0.66), somebody recognize this too?
lol my english:poop::cry::speechless:
i hope you understand.
please correct me.
thx

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 242 10.7%