Assetto Corsa Update and 'Ready to Race' DLC Coming May 18th!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Ready to Race DLC 10.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni have announced a brand new DLC due to release for Assetto Corsa on May 18th, adding ten awesome race machines to the simulation...

In the first new DLC release for quite a while, the 'Ready to Race' car pack looks set to heavily feature a selection of top of the line performance racing machinery from an interesting mix of prototype, GT and rally spanning a number of decades of motorsport.

With a nice couple of playmates for the epic Porsche 919 LMP1 car coming in the form of the Audi Toyota TS040 Hybrid and Audi R18 e-tron Quattro we take a step closer to a full World Endurance grid, adding a great deal of excitement for fans of long distance motorsport.

The new pack, alongside the next major build release, is scheduled to launch for PC players on Thursday May 18th and will be downloadable from the Steam network.

Ready to Race DLC Contents:
  • Audi R8 LMS 2016
  • Audi R18 e-tron Quattro
  • Audi TT Cup 2016
  • Audi TT RS (VLN)
  • Lotus 3-Eleven
  • Maserati MC12 GT1
  • McLaren 570S
  • McLaren P1 GTR
  • Toyota Celica ST185 Turbo
  • Toyota TS040 Hybrid

Alongside the new DLC pack will come the version 1.14 game update which looks set to contain a number of new and improved features. As a little teaser Kunos have revealed some of the following changes will be included in the new build release:
  • Added wind algorithm
  • Added AI Aggression selection
  • More AI differences within a single lap to generate more battles
  • Added AI wing setup variations
  • New AI algorithms for understeer detection and downshifting
  • Improved Downshift Protection
  • Updated Steam statistic reader to synchronize steam achievement
Assetto Corsa is a racing simulation designed by Kunos Simulazioni and is available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.

Assetto Corsa Ready to Race DLC 55.jpg
Assetto Corsa Ready to Race DLC 2.jpg
Assetto Corsa Ready to Race DLC 1.jpg
Assetto Corsa Ready to Race DLC 9.jpg

Oh boy do we like mods! If you do too then we have you covered with our fantastic Assetto Corsa modding archive. From downloads to a place for mod discussion, we have it all for you to enjoy, check it out today! If you don't fancy trying out some of the awesome community created tracks and cars then drop in on our Assetto Corsa sub forum to chat about the game with your fellow fans. Interaction and threads make forums fun, so start one today!

Assetto Corsa Ready to Race DLC 8.jpg Assetto Corsa Ready to Race DLC 7.jpg Assetto Corsa Ready to Race DLC 6.jpg Assetto Corsa Ready to Race DLC 4.jpg Assetto Corsa Ready to Race DLC 3.jpg

Looking forward to checking out the new DLC from Kunos? Which car are you most excited to try out? Any particular omissions from the pack you would like to see added? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
P1 GTR.... mmmm...

Really liking this update, lots of the cars I have from mods. I like the fact that Kunos is paying attention to the high quality mods out there, and integrating the best ones in with full support :cool::inlove:

Why Audi R8 LMS 2016 when there already is Audi R8 LMS ULTRA ?
The 2016 version is the more powerful version, more aerodynamic version and most importantly the current R8 iteration used everywhere, from VLN to WeatherTech Sportscar Series GTD class and most importantly the Blancpain series.

The old R8 LMS Ultra has been racing since 2012. It was due to change.

The 2016 version is the more powerful version, more aerodynamic version and most importantly the current R8 iteration used everywhere, from VLN to WeatherTech Sportscar Series GTD class and most importantly the Blancpain series.

The old R8 LMS Ultra has been racing since 2012. It was due to change.

Nice to have a newer version but will this fit into any of the current classes of similar cars we now have ? GT3? GT2 ? I mean what can this be raced with for a fair fight ? :)

Tastes.. for example your mods have no relevance to me in a sim racing game, because is a very low powered vehicle that drives so so and then a tuned mustang which is good for some laps but not relevant to anything after you've tried it out. For me Kunos picked cars in this new dlc that are good for a sim racing game. So even when the cars are free (as with some mods) people prefer to pay money for dlc on cars that they like or are interesting to drive in a sim.

Yeah that's much better now :roflmao:

Yes I know but wont this out date its competition ? what I was getting at is, is it a fair fight for the current GT3 cars we have ? (minus the new Porsche) or will it smoke them all ? that's what I'm wondering :rolleyes:

It races the Ferarri 488, Lambo, AMG, M6, Bentley etc in Blancpain fairly. Nissan is comming out with a new model next year I think but yes it's a fair fight.

Yes I know but wont this out date its competition ? what I was getting at is, is it a fair fight for the current GT3 cars we have ? (minus the new Porsche) or will it smoke them all ? that's what I'm wondering :rolleyes:
Kunos applies their own BoP (Balance of Performance) to keep the cars in check in the category. They all drive differently but can do more or less the same lap times, depending which tracks fit the characteristics of which cars.

The same happened when the McLaren 650S GT3 replaced the McLaren MP4-12C GT3 IRL. Kunos has both and they are balanced. The same situation is now with the new R8 LMS, and hopefully in the near future with the M6 GT3 and the older Z4 GT3 in Assetto Corsa. But in the game they will still be kept in balance.

If IRL someone wanted to race one, they would be BoP'd as well to be able to compete. For example International GT Series last year had the Huracan GT3s and the older Gallardo GT3s and the BoP worked, so they were both competitive.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back