Assetto Corsa Update and 'Ready to Race' DLC Coming May 18th!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Ready to Race DLC 10.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni have announced a brand new DLC due to release for Assetto Corsa on May 18th, adding ten awesome race machines to the simulation...

In the first new DLC release for quite a while, the 'Ready to Race' car pack looks set to heavily feature a selection of top of the line performance racing machinery from an interesting mix of prototype, GT and rally spanning a number of decades of motorsport.

With a nice couple of playmates for the epic Porsche 919 LMP1 car coming in the form of the Audi Toyota TS040 Hybrid and Audi R18 e-tron Quattro we take a step closer to a full World Endurance grid, adding a great deal of excitement for fans of long distance motorsport.

The new pack, alongside the next major build release, is scheduled to launch for PC players on Thursday May 18th and will be downloadable from the Steam network.

Ready to Race DLC Contents:
  • Audi R8 LMS 2016
  • Audi R18 e-tron Quattro
  • Audi TT Cup 2016
  • Audi TT RS (VLN)
  • Lotus 3-Eleven
  • Maserati MC12 GT1
  • McLaren 570S
  • McLaren P1 GTR
  • Toyota Celica ST185 Turbo
  • Toyota TS040 Hybrid

Alongside the new DLC pack will come the version 1.14 game update which looks set to contain a number of new and improved features. As a little teaser Kunos have revealed some of the following changes will be included in the new build release:
  • Added wind algorithm
  • Added AI Aggression selection
  • More AI differences within a single lap to generate more battles
  • Added AI wing setup variations
  • New AI algorithms for understeer detection and downshifting
  • Improved Downshift Protection
  • Updated Steam statistic reader to synchronize steam achievement
Assetto Corsa is a racing simulation designed by Kunos Simulazioni and is available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.

Assetto Corsa Ready to Race DLC 55.jpg
Assetto Corsa Ready to Race DLC 2.jpg
Assetto Corsa Ready to Race DLC 1.jpg
Assetto Corsa Ready to Race DLC 9.jpg

Oh boy do we like mods! If you do too then we have you covered with our fantastic Assetto Corsa modding archive. From downloads to a place for mod discussion, we have it all for you to enjoy, check it out today! If you don't fancy trying out some of the awesome community created tracks and cars then drop in on our Assetto Corsa sub forum to chat about the game with your fellow fans. Interaction and threads make forums fun, so start one today!

Assetto Corsa Ready to Race DLC 8.jpg Assetto Corsa Ready to Race DLC 7.jpg Assetto Corsa Ready to Race DLC 6.jpg Assetto Corsa Ready to Race DLC 4.jpg Assetto Corsa Ready to Race DLC 3.jpg

Looking forward to checking out the new DLC from Kunos? Which car are you most excited to try out? Any particular omissions from the pack you would like to see added? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
you picked main picture for article correctly :) ... MC12 is big surprise ... no new tracks it bit of let down though ... Ready to race DLC would be much better if we have more options where to race :) feels like ages since we get last race track ... still good few cars

They have been extremely quiet for a while now. Really glad there doesn't seem to be any tire model changes.
Is odd how people in sim racing think. Company doesn't make monthly "road ahead" announcements and people immediately think they are dead (knock on wood), the game is dead, they dropped everything and went to Hawaii, and so on. Yet in 5 months they released two big updates + free content and are on the verge on releasing another one with a dlc of 10 cars.
Some game studios talk more in form of updates (with the occasional infos from devs in forum posts) rather than extended announcements every month.

AI aggression control is an interesting thing to me. So far, the AI aggression is strange. At some places, I can block an 919 with a gt3 car on a straight. Sometimes, I don't need to block, I just leave one side of track but it won't even dare to run alongside me but in another place of the same track, the AI suddenly decides it will pass me at any cost and won't stop even if I try to physically run it out of the road. So as I see it, the aggression needs to be made even throughout the track for an aggression slider to work. AI doesn't need AI aggression, it needs to be taught racecraft.

Work on Laguna Seca hasn't even begun, don't expect that track till end of year probably if ever. They had some strange license issues going back to last year with it.

I am surprised we didn't get M6 GT3 with this new pack it was said to be early 2017 in year end blog.

So, they've developed no tracks between highlands till now?! Did they announce the arrival of any other track which I missed?

Audi R18 e-tron Quattro 2014... The same freaking car in every race game...! why didn't they put the 2015 or 2016 model !!!! to be original !!!

What other game has this where the hybrid systems are simulated?

Certainly not in Pcars...

And R3E has the 2011 (or 2012, cant recall) version that doesnt have any hybrid systems.

R3E has: Bentley, McLaren, Mercedes (to come), Nissan and the BMW M6. If I'm not wrong they still have the Audi R8 LMS 2016 coming soon so I'll put it up there. They have the Callaway C7 GT3 but that ain't official Chevy product, it's only used in ADAC and VLN so I won't count that in.

AC has: Lambo, McLaren, Ferrari, Mercedes, Porsche, Nissan and now Audi. They just need the Bentley, the Jag and the Aston Martin and they're the most up-to-date European wise.

To be fair, the Nissan GT-R in R3E is an older version from a number of years ago.

Im not sure if AC has the most recent version of the car, but it is likely not the 2016 model.

Seriously, what's with the Chicken Littles always proclaiming the AC sky is falling? Every 3 days you get another one. Kunos is super active, if it's not PC updates it's console work. There hasn't been an actual pause in months, if ever.

Are they children whose capacity for patience is simply underdeveloped, or are they just plain dumb? Reminds me of the official modding forums, all the guys asking if this or that mod was dead... despite a 2-day-old update from the creator one post up. :roflmao:

Im not sure if AC has the most recent version of the car, but it is likely not the 2016 model.
2014. Not sure why R3E has a 2011 when the car was introduced in 2012.

There were updates from 2013 through 2015 but they aren't much different from how it was introduced in 2012. A new version of the GT-R GT3 is coming next year, I suppose that is more competitive with the current crop of modern GT3's.

In general though older GT cars in AC are still on pace, like the SLS GT3 (2011-15). And in real life older GT race cars still race in series they're allowed to race in.

As for GT3 cars in AC you can also count the SCG003C, which isn't homologated solely because it doesn't have enough road cars produced. It raced in several GT events though (VLN & N24 at Nordschleife, 24H Series at Mugello, DMV at Zolder) and started customer sales.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back