• Guest, RaceDepartment is now on Discord!  Join Here

Assetto Corsa | The Porsche 911 RSR Sound Mod Is Just Insane!

VernWozza

500RPM
Staff member
Premium
Feb 3, 2017
Hearing that thing live for the first time at The Glen a few years was an amazing experience. I think I said "HOLY SH!T" about 25times :p Great job on the Mod, your continued work on it paid off!!:thumbsup:
I was at goodwood last year and I was getting food, some 200 meters from the track and I heard it fire up and I turned to my mate and said that's the f*****g RSR can't believe I missed it but could still hear it very clearly from that distance as it screamed up the hill.

Durge Driven

2000RPM
Jun 17, 2017
Great sim and mod :thumbsup:, no matter can't help still look at the big picture

Witchcraft alright when Identical cars / power units in all sims including arcade sound nothing alike

That's realism for you :unsure:

Eifion Evans

500RPM
Oct 18, 2010
It sounds great but when I use it in a field of GT2 cars, for some reason the Kunos C7R is muted so kinda spoils it.

CreamyCornCob

500RPM
Oct 23, 2018
Mod's old as the hills, awesome but you're like One Year Behind :roflmao: :confused: Laawwd, You've uncovered Newness!!! :D

From Aug 2019 before I learned how to make replays:poop: 2nd lap is always more gooder.

Reactions: Caton XII

manu68

500RPM
Premium
Sep 29, 2011
how to install this mod ?
It seems it doesn't install through content manager, and there is no readme.txt

I ask because there is not just one file to pick up and replace.

Thanks

BrainsBush

500RPM
Jun 16, 2017
I experienced this Porsche 911 RSR in real life during the WEC at Spa Francorchamps in (I think) 2018.
Training session right in front of the pitboxes at the grand stand. And then the first time this beast passes the long straight at full speed. Is it strange to admit that my son and I had goose bumps and started to shout of joy (and almost cried). BTW the officials warned us to wear Peltors but we two'kids' ignored that and we had ear pain for the rest of the weekend....

And then discovered this awesome soundmod of ACFAN (aka SRH) last year. What a joy what a feast. Always come back to this car because of the immersive sounds. Thanks!!!

BrainsBush

500RPM
Jun 16, 2017
how to install this mod ?
It seems it doesn't install through content manager, and there is no readme.txt

I ask because there is not just one file to pick up and replace.

Thanks
Hi Manu68 not behind my rig to check now but from my memory: decide which sound SFX you want to use. Then go to the Porsche 911 RSR map and go into the SFX map and copy your chosen sound bank into that specific map. Hope it helps so you can also enjoy this eargasm

Reactions: manu68

blot

100RPM
Premium
Mar 21, 2013
I use all of ACFANS sound mod's, IMO they really are the best, My favourite is the GTR GT3.

Reactions: ACFAN

Caton XII

100RPM
Nov 6, 2015
I use it for a while now and... WOW and as a "sound Lover", I suscribe as hell to the excellent reviews about it !

I must admit that It's this awesome sound which makes me using a lot this car.

Ooooh, I LOVE IT SO MUCH !

Reactions: ACFAN

manu68

500RPM
Premium
Sep 29, 2011
Hi Manu68 not behind my rig to check now but from my memory: decide which sound SFX you want to use. Then go to the Porsche 911 RSR map and go into the SFX map and copy your chosen sound bank into that specific map. Hope it helps so you can also enjoy this eargasm
Hi.
I finally activated the mod with content manager mod feature directly. I suppose it works well.

Thanks !

Reactions: BrainsBush

ACFAN

250RPM
Premium
Nov 2, 2014
Hi.
I finally activated the mod with content manager mod feature directly. I suppose it works well.

Thanks !
hi, this mod cannot be installed using content manager because it contains many sound files. the correct way to install this mod is by opening the file, entering the kunos rsr folder, then choosing which exhaust sound you want. the screaming one is the centre exhaust sound. enter that folder, then choose whether you want the internal sounds to be cockpit sounds or sounds taken from the imsa television feed (not cockpit sounds). go into that folder, then go into copy the 'content' folder into your ac root directory and overwrite files. if you wish to pick another version of the sound, then instead of choosing 'rear centre exhaust' choose a different one.

• Love
Reactions: Adyl and manu68

TheReaper GT

Learning stuff, eating cookies. :D
Aug 30, 2016
rfactor2 porsche GTE still sounds better imo.
As it should... Assetto's car is the first installment of the program, with exhaust pipes running kind of inside the diffuser ...
images (14).jpeg

Half way through its life it received an upgraded central exhaust. The upgraded central exhaust was placed above the diffuser, both pipes together. This upgraded car is the one on rfactor and iracing...
images (15).jpeg

After that a second upgrade moved the exhaust completely to the sides, leaving room for difusser improvements, that's the car on raceroom (or coming to) .
images (16).jpeg

Last edited:

Nick Gregory

Forever a backmarker
Premium
Nov 27, 2015
As it should... Assetto's car is the first installment of the program, with exhaust pipes running kind of inside the diffuser ...
This is what the car in AC is. It should sound like this:

There is a mod from URD of that car that changes the exhaust to the central position. I have no clue where to find it though.

stenovitz

50RPM
Aug 22, 2014
Just returned from holidays without any network except a shot time where I got this ticker on friday.
Just drove the different 911RSR sound mods Kunos/URD at Autódromo Internacional de Codegua (mod ver 0.6 Lago B layout) with standard gear setting, turning on my old analogue HiFi system.
This is phenominal.

Thanks ACFAN :thumbsup:

Last edited: