Assetto Corsa | The Porsche 911 RSR Sound Mod Is Just Insane!

Check out this awesome video from the ever happy sim racing YouTube star Jardier, as he checks out an awesome piece of community created content.
  • Assetto Corsa mod to improve audio of the Porsche 911 RSR.
  • YouTube influencer Jardier shares his experience (video).
  • Links to download.
Is it just me but is your YouTube recommend videos full of sim-racing content? Sometimes it's difficult to know what to watch and which videos will be truly entertaining. Well, with Jardier you can almost always expect to be entertained, the friendly Czech is somehow always on form and manages to find interesting topics to talk about.

So I gave this video from Jardier a watch and oh my word, what a find. He demos this absolutely incredible sound mod for the Porsche 911 RSR by @ACFAN and I can quite simply say, this blew me away. I would say this Porsche sounds as good as anything I have ever heard in any sim, and I'm glad it's this car that ACFAN decided to tackle, as it's one of the best sounding cars in real life too.

Footer.jpg

It's incredible to see such incredible new life being injected to Assetto Corsa, it's looking and sounding every bit a top tier simulation for 2020. There isn't much more to say other than, just listen to this thing and download the mod yourself and enjoy some of this beautiful music.

Porsche 911 RSR Sound Mod Download | Click Here.

Jardier YouTube Channel | Click Here.

Assetto Corsa is available for PC and console now.

Got a question and need some help with answers? No worries, head over to the Assetto Corsa sub forum here at RaceDepartment, start a new thread, and let the community be your guide!

Footer 2.jpg

Hearing that thing live for the first time at The Glen a few years was an amazing experience. I think I said "HOLY SH!T" about 25times :p Great job on the Mod, your continued work on it paid off!!:thumbsup:
I was at goodwood last year and I was getting food, some 200 meters from the track and I heard it fire up and I turned to my mate and said that's the f*****g RSR can't believe I missed it but could still hear it very clearly from that distance as it screamed up the hill.

how to install this mod ?
It seems it doesn't install through content manager, and there is no readme.txt

I ask because there is not just one file to pick up and replace.

Thanks

I experienced this Porsche 911 RSR in real life during the WEC at Spa Francorchamps in (I think) 2018.
Training session right in front of the pitboxes at the grand stand. And then the first time this beast passes the long straight at full speed. Is it strange to admit that my son and I had goose bumps and started to shout of joy (and almost cried). BTW the officials warned us to wear Peltors but we two'kids' ignored that and we had ear pain for the rest of the weekend....

And then discovered this awesome soundmod of ACFAN (aka SRH) last year. What a joy what a feast. Always come back to this car because of the immersive sounds. Thanks!!!

how to install this mod ?
It seems it doesn't install through content manager, and there is no readme.txt

I ask because there is not just one file to pick up and replace.

Thanks
Hi Manu68 not behind my rig to check now but from my memory: decide which sound SFX you want to use. Then go to the Porsche 911 RSR map and go into the SFX map and copy your chosen sound bank into that specific map. Hope it helps so you can also enjoy this eargasm

I use it for a while now and... WOW and as a "sound Lover", I suscribe as hell to the excellent reviews about it !

I must admit that It's this awesome sound which makes me using a lot this car.

Ooooh, I LOVE IT SO MUCH !

Hi Manu68 not behind my rig to check now but from my memory: decide which sound SFX you want to use. Then go to the Porsche 911 RSR map and go into the SFX map and copy your chosen sound bank into that specific map. Hope it helps so you can also enjoy this eargasm

Hi.
I finally activated the mod with content manager mod feature directly. I suppose it works well.

Thanks !

Hi.
I finally activated the mod with content manager mod feature directly. I suppose it works well.

Thanks !
hi, this mod cannot be installed using content manager because it contains many sound files. the correct way to install this mod is by opening the file, entering the kunos rsr folder, then choosing which exhaust sound you want. the screaming one is the centre exhaust sound. enter that folder, then choose whether you want the internal sounds to be cockpit sounds or sounds taken from the imsa television feed (not cockpit sounds). go into that folder, then go into copy the 'content' folder into your ac root directory and overwrite files. if you wish to pick another version of the sound, then instead of choosing 'rear centre exhaust' choose a different one.

rfactor2 porsche GTE still sounds better imo.
As it should... Assetto's car is the first installment of the program, with exhaust pipes running kind of inside the diffuser ...
images (14).jpeg

Half way through its life it received an upgraded central exhaust. The upgraded central exhaust was placed above the diffuser, both pipes together. This upgraded car is the one on rfactor and iracing...
images (15).jpeg

After that a second upgrade moved the exhaust completely to the sides, leaving room for difusser improvements, that's the car on raceroom (or coming to) .
images (16).jpeg

Last edited:
Just returned from holidays without any network except a shot time where I got this ticker on friday.
Just drove the different 911RSR sound mods Kunos/URD at Autódromo Internacional de Codegua (mod ver 0.6 Lago B layout) with standard gear setting, turning on my old analogue HiFi system.
This is phenominal.

Thanks ACFAN :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 70 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 139 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline