Assetto Corsa Technology Preview Released

The long awaited moment is here. Kunos Simulazioni released the Technology Preview of Assetto Corsa for current owners of netKar Pro. Grab your paycode, read the instructions below and go nuts!

What is the AC Technology Preview?
It is a playable, no-time limited benchmark that allow gamers to get their first taste of Assetto Corsa engine. This version includes one car, one track, different difficulty levels and two play modes: free practice and time attack. Playing this version and reporting back feedback, benchmarks and bugs, players allow the development team to fix issues and improve the final version of Assetto Corsa, before its release.

Who can access this AC Technology Preview?
Who has purchased a copy of netKar PRO since 2006 can use his netKar Pro activation code to activate the AC Tech Preview.
All gamers who will purchase a copy of netKar PRO until March 1 will receive the link to download the AC Tech Preview for free: until March, 1, they will be able to buy a copy of netKar PRO for just 4,99 Eur, saving 70% of the full price.

Game features
This software allow gamers to drive the Lotus Elise SC on the italian track of Magione, reproduced using the advanced Laserscan Technology. This version is compatible with keyboard, Xpad 360, joysticks, steering wheels and any kind of customizable game devices.

Minimum PC requirements
Windows Vista / 7 / 8 Operative System
CPU: Intel Celeron
RAM: 2 Gigabytes
DirectX 11 graphics card (ex: Nvidia GTS 450 / AMD Radeon HD5770) NOTE: AC graphics engine supports also DirectX 10.1 compatible graphic cards (ATI 4800 HD / Nvidia 8600 GT)
Click here to download the AC Tech Preview (mirror 2, mirror 3, mirror 4)
Click here to visit the Assetto Corsa forums for any feedback, support and other questions you might have.
Enjoy!

Please put your feedback in the comments below

i cant get the FOV to work. in the .AC_TechPreview\cfg\camera_onboard.ini.
What seetings are you using please, do you change anything else also
and i dont ssem to have glance left and right working (assigned the red button on my g25 wheel for left and right)

Downloaded & Installed after a lengthy battle with .NET.
1920x1080
16x AS Filtering
8X AA
6x Fast AAA
High Shadows
Blur Off
Disabled HDR
Cube Low
Faces = 2
Getting nothing below 90 FPS

Running i7-3930k x/16 gb ram
AMD 7850 2gb

I actually thought my GT3 RS V2 might be on the blink as I seemed to be getting next to no FFB. The wheel just felt heavy with a lot of centering spring. Seems my wheel is fine and other people are getting the same. I played both AC and pCARS back to back tonight. I haven't really played pCARS in a while but I have to say it feels really good using Jack Spade's FFB files. pCARS has better FFB than AC at the moment. There isn't much going on with AC's ffb using my GT3 RS. I had to set the gain to 200% to feel much. This needs to be improved quite a bit. FFB = 5/10

Have you tried drift mode? I use the 4th setting all the time because wheel is too stiff, kills FFB and is very slow. I don't use centering spring in "profiler". Also try that Fanatec widget from the right bar. Seems to change FFB as well.

Love the way how levels of grip changes after getting into sand and after heating up the tyers (or overheating...).

And the sound are also great. Real Elise isn't best sounding car in the world and in AC it also sounds... real.

Also the sound of wind on the main straight at 180km/h is great! It adds so much to the immersion as well as those little stones dancing in the car after journey through the sandtraps.

Brilliant work boys.

Thanks :) this weekend will be a new start for simracing ..........

Del c:\games\iracing\*.* /s
Del c:\games\nkpro3\*.* /s
Del c:\games\gtr2\*.* /s
Del c:\games\gtl\*.* /s
Del c:\games\steam\steamapps\common\race*.* /s
Del c:\games\rfactor\*.* /s
Del c:\games\archive\lfs\scirocco\*.* /s
Del c:\games\pre-alpha\rfactor2\*.* /s
Del c:\games\arca\*.* /s

I hope it was worth deleting all those nice former simracing beauties.

Deleting all those sims for something that wont have pit stops, night racing, rain and dynamic tracks for a year or two?
As good as the AC Tech Demo is, there's no way I'm doing owt so drastic. :)

Besides, I think rFactor 2 feels better.
*cowers in the corner* :p

It seems strange that depending on where you go the reaction to this game is very different. Over on the Project CARS forums a lot of guys are having bad things to say about Assetto Corsa, saying that the FFB is not so good, some said that it feels like the "old tyre model" version of Project CARS. Other places have talked about it not being able to compare to Rfactor 2 or iRacing for example, and even people who say that it "isn't quite as good as NetKar yet".

Now personally I can't agree with any of that, even though it sucks balls that some of my talent seems to have left my body when moving from other sims to Assetto Corsa :D I absolutely love it. To me Assetto Corsa is the best driving experience of any sim without any question.

Assetto Corsa gives the closest feeling to driving a real car, the way it reacts and the feeling of weight. I'm in love, the force feedback for me feels fantastic, I can drive it for hours and not get caught out offguard, when I spin I know its coming before it happens because the communication is there.

So as always the community (depending on where you go) is somewhat divided, but personally I believe that Assetto Corsa is fantastic, you've done an amazing job and I can't wait to purchase the full product!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back