Assetto Corsa Technology Preview Released

The long awaited moment is here. Kunos Simulazioni released the Technology Preview of Assetto Corsa for current owners of netKar Pro. Grab your paycode, read the instructions below and go nuts!

What is the AC Technology Preview?
It is a playable, no-time limited benchmark that allow gamers to get their first taste of Assetto Corsa engine. This version includes one car, one track, different difficulty levels and two play modes: free practice and time attack. Playing this version and reporting back feedback, benchmarks and bugs, players allow the development team to fix issues and improve the final version of Assetto Corsa, before its release.

Who can access this AC Technology Preview?
Who has purchased a copy of netKar PRO since 2006 can use his netKar Pro activation code to activate the AC Tech Preview.
All gamers who will purchase a copy of netKar PRO until March 1 will receive the link to download the AC Tech Preview for free: until March, 1, they will be able to buy a copy of netKar PRO for just 4,99 Eur, saving 70% of the full price.

Game features
This software allow gamers to drive the Lotus Elise SC on the italian track of Magione, reproduced using the advanced Laserscan Technology. This version is compatible with keyboard, Xpad 360, joysticks, steering wheels and any kind of customizable game devices.

Minimum PC requirements
Windows Vista / 7 / 8 Operative System
CPU: Intel Celeron
RAM: 2 Gigabytes
DirectX 11 graphics card (ex: Nvidia GTS 450 / AMD Radeon HD5770) NOTE: AC graphics engine supports also DirectX 10.1 compatible graphic cards (ATI 4800 HD / Nvidia 8600 GT)
Click here to download the AC Tech Preview (mirror 2, mirror 3, mirror 4)
Click here to visit the Assetto Corsa forums for any feedback, support and other questions you might have.
Enjoy!

Please put your feedback in the comments below

It seems strange that depending on where you go the reaction to this game is very different. Over on the Project CARS forums a lot of guys are having bad things to say about Assetto Corsa, saying that the FFB is not so good, some said that it feels like the "old tyre model" version of Project CARS.

That´s because PCARS forums is a sect.
People like to say iRacing is a sect but if you take a look there people are loving it.
Think i saw one random troll (probably did not even try AC)

Can anyone with an older pc (let's say 2 -3 years old) with an directx 10.1 card comment on how the game is running? Can't play the tech preview yet but I am anxious to know how it runs on older machines. Thnx
Athlon 64 X2 6000+
ATI HD4670 512 MB
3 GB of RAM

1280x720, everything low, getting average 70 FPS.
With some graphics settings up (e.g. medium shadows, 2-4xAA), getting 55-60 FPS.

Works better than GT Legends :D

Will try 1920x1080 tomorrow.

It seems strange that depending on where you go the reaction to this game is very different. Over on the Project CARS forums a lot of guys are having bad things to say about Assetto Corsa, saying that the FFB is not so good, some said that it feels like the "old tyre model" version of Project CARS.
The main difference is Kunos are making a proper sim with their engine, SMS didn't ever properly tried, but I think the FFB did work at some point of development for one build or two from the feedback I remember :thumbsup:

Of course some will put "their" arcade racing game on a pedestal. That's really not something to worry about. Each to his own :)

Built m system in 2009:

Windows 7 64bit
(2x) ATI HD 5850 - 1GB GDDR5, 13.1 drivers (latest)
Intel Core I7 @ 4Ghz
6GB DDR3 RAM @1600mhz

1920x1080
AA = X8
AF = X16
HDR = ON
Shadow resolution = High
Cube map resolution = Medium - 6 faces
Motion blur = Off

Just creeping into triple figure frame rates.
acs2013-02-2322-04-55-56_zps038a09fe.png

The main difference is Kunos are making a proper sim with their engine, SMS didn't ever properly tried, but I think the FFB did work at some point of development for one build or two from the feedback I remember :thumbsup:

Of course some will put "their" arcade racing game on a pedestal. That's really not something to worry about. Each to his own :)

Personally I think your opinion is completely misinformed.

The opinions over on the pCARS forums are quite diverse regarding AC. Some like it and some don't. There is a thread with 262 pages dedicated to discussing AC. Most of that discussion is very positive regarding AC. Perhaps you could take the time to read it. To simply say that everyone that posts on the pCARS forum does not like AC is just not true. To call people that post on the pCARS forums part of a sect is just being silly.

I am a regular poster on pCARS forums and think that AC has a lot going for it. Graphics, physics, menus, and hud are all very good. I just think that at the moment AC FFB is not enjoyable for me. I understand that Kunos are trying to make the FFB feel like a real car. This is a noble goal but I prefer to feel bumps in the road etc. with my FFB. Perhaps not completely realistic but then sitting in front of a computer simulating a car never can be. I like to feel the seat of your pants feelings through the wheel. It makes it a more exciting experience.

Apart from the FFB I really like AC and will be buying it on day one.

People on Race Department need to get over their pCARS phobia. It is kind of childish.

The opinions over on the pCARS forums are quite diverse regarding AC. Some like it and some don't. There is a thread with 262 pages dedicated to discussing AC. Most of that discussion is very positive regarding AC. Perhaps you could take the time to read it. To simply say that everyone that posts on the pCARS forum does not like AC is just not true. To call people that post on the pCARS forums part of a sect is just being silly.

I am a regular poster on pCARS forums and think that AC has a lot going for it. Graphics, physics, menus, and hud are all very good. I just think that at the moment AC FFB is not enjoyable for me. I understand that Kunos are trying to make the FFB feel like a real car. This is a noble goal but I prefer to feel bumps in the road etc. with my FFB. Perhaps not completely realistic but then sitting in front of a computer simulating a car never can be. I like to feel the seat of your pants feelings through the wheel. It makes it a more exciting experience.

People on Race Department need to get over their pCARS phobia. It is kind of childish.

On the contrary (since this discussion spurred from something I said) I very much like Project CARS, am an investor and love what they are doing with it, the progress they have made and am confident that it is heading in a proper quality sim direction.

But that said, I don't think it stands up on the same level as Assetto Corsa as a pure simulation, in the future maybe but right now in my eyes Assetto Corsa is for me personally the finest driving experience available on my computer chair!

But still I'm a big follower and lover of SimRaceway, I enjoy GT5, iRacing, Forza 4, Rfactor/2, Game Stock Car, NetKar, Project Cars, Richard Burns Rally and many others. I think that though (and i've caught heat for saying this in the past) Race Department can have many users who really dont like PCARS, not all of us think that way.

Its funny because not so long ago I was on the other end of this, being told to sod off back to the Project Cars forums with my comments! I love all racing games, but right now I think I'm in love with Assetto Corsa a little more than the others!

To simply say that everyone that posts on the pCARS forum does not like AC is just not true. To call people that post on the pCARS forums part of a sect is just being silly.
:thumbsup:

EDIT: I guess sarcasm doesn't translate well with smilies, but thanks for the likes :D

!The triple screen application is perfect! you can setup anything you want, FOV, the angle between the central monitor and the laterals monitor, you can setup the angle of the side mirrors.......great job kunos
8500852440_697360673c_z.jpg
g

I think that AC with rF2 will be both the best simulators in the next 3-4years! I already finished an endurance race with the Corvette at Spa with my IsR league....I had a great fan!

I think some users do not like the build in "dampening" that simulates tyre friction. We will provide an option to set this to each own liking.
That's good to hear and I'd like to further encourage you to do so. I understand what you guys are trying to achieve with it but different wheels have varying amounts of mechanical dampening already present. A G25/27 has very little, while a T500RS or some older Fanatec wheels have quite a lot. When you add electronic dampening to the latter wheels it just becomes too much, like you're steering through mud even in instances when the wheel should have virtually no resistance at all. If you're in a very balanced four-wheel drift then the wheel should be very easy to turn, and it needs to be in order to make quick steering adjustments and maintain the drift. But with a constant level of dampening like you guys have used, there is always considerable resistance on something like a T500.

I've run the TP on both a T500 and a G27 and I greatly prefer the G27 simply because there's a lot less dampening present.

I did just try to explain it to Ryan Vickery. He sounded like the analogy didn't make any sense for him. Some people are also saying it feels a bit like iRacing (I wonder why exactly since I haven't driven it at all in ages). I think these are fair assumptions because some of those are just more modern in some aspects and even more advanced then NkP as good as it already is in all major aspects of physics simulation, after all for example iRacing has seen a lot of updates recently :)

I also wonder what they can do to improve FFB. But they are getting valuable feedback at the moment so we will see. I think the lightness and set-up of the car shouldn't be underestimated either, stiffer front suspension and higher caster angle ( > 7° ) should make the forces much more present under circumstances.

PS: No one implied it's "all" people. Ryan Vickery referred to "a lot" and "some", and I referred just to "some" as well.

I agree with all the comments and mostly criticisms about AC from what I've read on this forum, which when implemented into the demo will make a fantastic experience for those who are not able to take part in the tech preview.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back